Chapter Six

Where Flowers Bloom - BTS AU

Yoongi sighed, tugging at his mint hair with his fingers before lowering his arm back to his side, leaning his weight mainly on his right side as he leaned back slightly and slouched. An almost inaudible sigh escaped Jungkook's lips before Taehyung randomly bursted with energy for the umpteenth time today.

"LET'S GOOOOOO!" Taehyung bellowed, spinning on his heel and squatting into an absurd position whilst pointing towards the cafeteria doors.

Jungkook laughed giddily and happily skipped after the charging Taehyung, leaving Jimin to stare blankly after their disappearing figures. Yoongi only groaned before walking past both Jimin and I, hands stuffed into the pockets of his blazer. Jimin slung his arm over my shoulder once again, squeezing it lightly with his hand.

"Shall we?" Jimin asked in a jokingly romantic tone.

I decided to play along with him, "Oh yes, let's..."

Jimin chuckled slightly before his happy expression faded into a more serious one, "Hey, (Y/n), I'm really sorry about all that..."

I tilted my head slightly and turned to face Jimin, "What do you mean? What's there to be sorry for?"

"Ah... Taehyung and Yoongi's behavior I mean..." Jimin added with a slight sigh.

"Oh..." I began, "it's fine Jimin!"

Jimin smiled sadly before removing his arm from my shoulder, "Let's go then."

I followed Jimin into the cafeteria, instantly being taken aback by how crowded and loud it was. Jimin grabbed my hand, gently interlacing his fingers with mine.

"Don't get lost. Stay close to me." Jimin gave my hand a squeeze before leading me through the lines and groups of gathering students.

Jimin lead me to a table where two guys sat, one of them I recognized as Jungkook. Both of the boys looked at me, Jungkook's face instantly turning pink. The boy that sat to the left of Jungkook smiled at me, a dimple placing itself on his cheek. The unnamed boy ran his hair through his violet hair, warm, welcoming smile still present on his face.

"Hey there Jimin, who's this?" He asked, his voice soft and smooth.

"This is (Y/n)! She just transferred." Jimin said with a grin.

Namjoon stood from his seat and leaned over the table, extending a hand towards me. I grabbed his hand, shaking it.

"It's nice to meet you, (Y/n). I'm Namjoon. I'm a third year, I'm assuming you're a second year if you know Jimin?" Namjoon said as he shook my hand.

I nodded my head, smiling back at Namjoon. Namjoon released my hand, allowing his to fall back to his side as he sat back down next to Jungkook.

"Hello Jungkook." I said with a soft smile.

Jungkook jumped slightly and his face turned a new shade of red as he struggled to hide himself, eventually digging a textbook out of his bag and burying his nose in the words.

Jimin gently pushed me towards the table, "Sit down."

I nodded my head and sat down at the table. Jimin stepped forward and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"I'll be back in a few minutes, gotta go get my lunch!" Jimin said with a smile before quickly slipping away towards the lunch lines and disappearing into the crowd.

Namjoon jumped in surprise before digging his phone out of his pocket, "yah..."

Namjoon answered the call, pressing the phone to one ear and plugging his other, "What? Speak up hyung! I can't here you!"

Namjoon groaned, pulling the phone away from his ear and tapping the screen, a voice coming loudly from the phone.

"Yah... Jin hyung! I'm at lunch! What do you need?" Namjoon grumbled as he rubbed his temple.

"Sorry Namjoon... I didn't mean to interrupt your lunch break." The voice said from the phone.

Namjoon sighed softly, "It's alright hyung. What's up?"

"Ah, I'm visiting the school. I'm about to sign in right now, you said you were at lunch right?"

Namjoon hummed in response, "Yea."

"Mmm... Good! I brought some treats from the café! Oh! Hang on! I have to go, I'll see you soon!"

Namjoon sighed and hung up the phone, "Aish... that hyung..."

"Jin hyung is visiting us?" Jungkook asked suddenly as he looked up at Namjoon with bright eyes and a large grin.

Namjoon nodded his head and opened his mouth to speak only to close it when a familiar orange haired male sat down at the table with his tray.

"Ah, hey Hoseok..." Namjoon greeted.

"Hey Joonie! Hey Kookie!" Hoseok greeted happily as a large smile spread across his face.

"Hoseok, this is (Y/n)." Namjoon stated, gesturing to me with his hand.

Hoseok turned and looked at me, "Oh hey! I remember you! You're the girl that was sitting by Jimin and Taehyung right?"

I nodded my head, "Yeah, that was me."

"It's nice to meet you! And see you again!" Hoseok smiled, "You can call me Hobi if you'd like."

"Yah!" A voice shouted.

I turned around to see Yoongi holding his lunch tray with one hand and rubbing his temple with his other as girls began to swarm around him.

"Oh no... Not again!" Hoseok cried as he quickly stood from his seat and ran to save Yoongi from the growing sea of girls.

Namjoon laughed slightly as he watched Hoseok try to pry Yoongi free from the grip of the girls. I gasped slightly as Hoseok was absorbed by the crowd as well.

"Hyung? Should we go help them?" Jungkook asked quietly.

"I... mayb-" Namjoon was cut off by the shrill screams of girls as they quickly ran from Yoongi and Hoseok to the entrance of the cafeteria.

"Jin hyung must be here..." Namjoon laughed.