Chaerin's story

Runaway

Chaerin's pov

"Bye taeyeon!" I waved to the little girl as she went running inside her school. "Bye mommy!" She answered, running even faster to her group of friends when the gates closed. I took a deep breath and quickly rushed towards my school, not wanting to be late. And taeyeon you ask? She's my daughter. Well, not really my biological daughter, but i found her besides a trash bin near my apartment 4 years ago, shivering and crying for help. She's barely a month old, lying there with no proper clothing so i decided to take her in and care for her. 

*flashback*

I walked along the pavements to my cheap apartment in a cold winter night when i heard small cries coming from the trash bin. 'Huh?' I thought to myself, raising an eyebrow while walking closer to the trashbin as the cries got clearer and clearer. I decided to look behind the trash bin and there i found, a little baby, crying and shivering helplessly with only a blanket to warm her up. I gasped at the sight i just saw. Who in the world would EVER abandon such an innocent and cute baby? I took a deep breath and picked her up and quickly ran up the stairs to my apartment and rushed inside. I put her on the couch and set up a little fire to warm her up. I sat on the couch, picking the little baby up and hugging her, giving her warmth. Okay, i must admit that she smells TERRIBLE. But i ignored it anyways. I took one of her tiny hands and warmed it up with mine. They look pale and they felt cold. I took her to the bathroom and bathed her with warm water, thank god this cheap apartment have a water heater. 


After im done bathing her, i dressed her up in my warmest sweater, which is definitely too big for her but thats the warmest thing i can find for her because we're gonna go out and get her some baby formula. "Come on baby, lets go get your food" i said cheerfully, picked her up and walked outside. I reached the supermarket and felt relief run through my body as i walked inside. 'Its warm in here' i thought, smiling to myself and walking towards the baby isle and looked at the baby formula price. 10 dollars. I still need to buy her a bottle, clothes, and some diapers. I gulped down a lump in my throat and took a can of the baby formula, a baby bottle, 2 pairs of baby clothes, and a pack of diapers. I took a deep breath and walked towards the cashier. "That will be 150 dollars" the cashier said. I took out my wallet and took out exactly 150 dollars out of it, emptying my whole wallet. I handed over the money to the cashier and quickly walked home. Looks like i might not be having dinner for the next few weeks.

*end of flashback*

I panted as i reach my school gates, right before the bell rings. PHEW! I quickly ran into the classroom and took a seat at the very back. I took my note book out and opened it, revealing a picture of me and my family... the family that almost sold me away for money if i didn't ran away and turned my back at them...
"Yo chae!" My only friend jessica said as she sat beside me. "Hi..." i said quietly. "Thinking of something again?" She asked in a softer tone. I nodded while looking down, ignoring what the professor is saying. She patted my back to comfort me, as we continued to sit there quietly.

*ring ring*

The bell rings and students ran out of the classroom. I packed my bag and rushed towards the cafeteria with jessica to go get lunch. We sat down on a table and start eating our lunch. "So, how is taeyeon?" Jessica asked while munching on her pizza. "She's great, really" i answered. We finished out lunch and i head out of school to pick up taeyon. "Bye jess! See you tomorrow!" I waved at her saying goodbye. "Bye chae! Say hello to taeyeon for me!"


 And with that, i run to taeyeon's school to pick her up.


***

Okay,short but oh well. Soo, the next chapter will be about dara's life, and she will be the first one to meet chaerin.😉✌