seven

Life Lessons

When we got back to school the head was waiting for us.
'Mr and Miss Kim, my office, now please' he said and we followed him in.
'Take a seat, Miss Kim, we'll start with your hand, you are of course fully aware that fighting on school grounds is forbidden by any means'
'Yes Sir but you see, she pushed me and I fell into Jo...Mr Kim and he hurt his head on one of the lockers...'
'So you were...defending him...?'
'Uhm y...yes, I suppose I was'
'Should it not have been the other way around? Hmmm?'
I didn't reply.
'Shall I tell you why you hit Miss Lee? It was because she had found out about you and Mr Kim's...goings on...am I right?'
'Please don't be too harsh on her' said Jongin 'it was mostly my fault'
'Jongin...'
'No please Jihee let me speak...she is only in this because of me, if I had kept my feelings buried then this wouldn't have happened but also, I couldn't keep them buried because...I care so much about Jihhe that I think I might be in love with her and of that means that I lose my job then so be it because no job is worth losing her over, especially when we haven't really done anything untoward anyways'
I felt like I was going to burst into tears.
'I...I love you too' I said.
'Mr Kim you're fired, Miss Kim you're suspended until further notice, please both of you leave the premises' said the headmaster.
Once we were outside the school grounds I hugged Jongin.
'You're an idiot' I told him.
'So I've been told, but I don't care' he winked and I shook my head at him and laughed.
'What am I going to do when I have to go back and you're not there anymore?'
'You're talking as though you're never gonna see me again, it's just for school hours'
'I know but still, I need you to be there with me too'
'No you don't and besides, if you ever need time away, use the music rooms, no one ever goes in there at lunch or break'
I smiled, I'd still see Jongin, but it wouldn't be the same...maybe that was a good thing...