four

Life Lessons

I woke up the next day just as confused as I was when I wnet to sleep.
As I got ready, I mentally prepeared myself for whatever weirdness was going to happen to me today.
I grabbed some breakfast and headed out the door.
But I didn't go to calss, I headed straight for the music rooms instead.
Whatever the problem, music could always cheer me up, despite what anyone said, it was my escape. I put in my favourite cd and let the words wash over me and then just let my voice do its thing.
I felt amazing, I felt free, like I was the only person around and no one could bother me, I closed my eyes and the words came out stronger and louder.
whjen the song was finished, I opened my eues and he was standing in the door way smiling.
'H-how long have you been standing there?' I asked turning bright red.
'Long enough' he replied and titled his head 'why are you blushing so much?'
'Because I've never had anyone hear me sing without me knowing before' I said quietly.
'Why not? you have an amazing voice' I blushed again.
He sat down and invited me to sit beside him.
'I know that I've said this before but you can talk to me if you need to, I know we don't know each other really but it always helps to have someone we can turn to when we need it'
'True I suppose'
'So why do you hide your talents?'
'When I was a kid, I loved singing but as I grew up, I was told to stop being silly and get a real dream so I stopped after I graduated middle school'
'That's awful, a voice like yours needs to be shared. What else do you enjoy?' I shrugged.
'I'm not really sure, I used to draw a lot when I was younger too' I replied.
'That's cool, why don't you join a club here?'
'I've considered it...maybe I will...' I smiled.
'Why do you not like going to class?' I'd been waiting for this to come up.
'I dont know, I guess because I feel like I don't fit in anywhere so I stopped trying, the classes were too confusing and I have anxiety so I was always too scared to ask for help so I just got further and further behind so I just stopped going all together'
'Is it the same in every class?' I nodded.
'I'm going to help you'
'What do you mean?'
'I want to help you get back on track, if you'll let me'
'Uh sure, I guess so, I mean it would be nice to get back into it I guess'
'Then it's seltteled' he stood up and held out his hand and smiled 'I look forward to working with you'
I smiled back and took his hand.