two

Life Lessons

'Where the hell have you been?' my mom shouted 'the school rang me to say you had disappeared and then you ignore my calls, I've been worried sick!'
'Mom chill, I'm a big girl, I can look after myself'
'You're grounded for skipping school!' she yelled as I climbed the stairs.
'Well maybe if you didn't transfer me I'd still wanna go!' I yelled back at her and slammed my bedroom door before throwing myself on my bed and crying, not because i was sad, but because I was angry and frustrated at everything and everyone.
I wans't even bothered that I wasn't pretty or popular, I was bothered becuase people judged me because I wasn't those things.
I sighed to myself and rolled over and looked a the posters all over my wall. When I was in middle scholl I had dreamed of becoming an idol like the ones in the pictures, I'd even taken extra lessons in singing and dancing but when I'd started high school I'd been told to pursue a 'real' career but secretly I still loved to sing and dance but just didn't have the confidence anymore, so I just gave up.
What had happened to me?

I must have fallen asleep because I woke up to my alarm blaring in my ears the next morning. I really couldn't be bothered to do anything until my mother shouted up the stairs so I just went through the motions and went to sign in but really didn't feel like going to class.
'Hey , I want a word with you' oh great.
'What's wrong HyeJin?' I asked innocentlyand she responded by punching me in the face, it wasnt that hard luckily but it was enough to make my glasses dig into my nose and make it bleed.
'My homework got an F. I told you to do it correctly' she spat.
'And I told you that I wasn't as clever as you thought I was' I said as I straightened my glasses.
'How dare you speak to me like that!' she made to hit me again but the head came just in time.
'Okay ladies, break iot up please and get to class quickly now. JiHee are you okay?'
'Yes sir, I'll just go and clean myself up a bit' and I made my way to the bathroom.
When I was done, I made straight to the front door and ran straight into him.