dark days

12 days of Christmas drabbles
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jimin knew of Yoongi’s history, knew of the dark headspace the older could get in. He didn’t frequently take trips back to the darkness anymore, but Jimin was quick to notice when he did.

It had taken a lot of talking in the first period after engaging in a serious relationship, but through this the younger had learned how his lover wanted to be handled when he was at his lowest.

 

Today was one of those mornings. The first signal came with red flickering lights, and Jimin did not need to ask any questions. It was when Jimin woke up and Yoongi had his back turned to him, which didn’t happen often because Yoongi was the clingy one in his sleep, so when he did have his back turned he was often either sick or feeling especially down. Jimin gently placed a hand on Yoongi’s shoulder and whispered a soft “hey”, checking the waters. Yoongi didn’t reply besides a soft hum, obviously not in a mood to talk which confirmed that the older wasn’t sick.

It hurt Jimin every single time Yoongi was like this, but he had learned to put his feelings second just until the worst was over as he knew the older would stop showing his feelings altogether if he were to voice his discomfort and hurt.

“I’ll get you a tea” the boy said and slipped out of bed. He contemplated opening the curtains to let the fresh Sunday morning air inside, but decided against it when Yoongi let out another soft, shaky breath. He opted to leave open their bedroom door instead and open the windows in the living room which wasn’t far fro

Please log in to read the full chapter