Seven

[CHANBAEK] B's Tiny Little Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chanyeol parked in front of the nursery’s gate. His sister called him last minute to take care of her son because she and her husband had an urgent meeting with a Board of Directors and she only could trust Chanyeol . He uncuffed his shirt and get rid of the tie. He rolled the sleeve until his elbows before he turned off the engine and get out to fetch his nephew.

 

“Hi, I am fetching Park Haechan.” He informed the teacher. The teacher was blushing when a handsome man talked to her. She knew this tall and handsome man is not the parent because she already met Haechan’s parents.

 

“I – I will call him.” Chanyeol nodded. He looked at the surrounding and he saw there are only a few of the children left, waiting to be fetched.

 

“Raon-ah, we will continue to play tomorrow, okay?” he heard his nephew’s voice talking to the kid that he had feeling weird with lately. He didn’t know what but he knew there was somewhat a connection between him and Raon.

 

He gulped when the two kids walked to him, holding hand.

 

“Appa never fetch me late like this.” Raon said to Haechan.

 

Haechan nodded.

 

“I know. Raon’s appa usually fetch you earlier but don’t worry maybe Raon appa just has works to do.”

 

“I hope so.” Raon pouted. Chanyeol crouched down to meet the kid’s level.

 

Raon felt shy all of a sudden when he saw his friend’s uncle. He always felt shy around strangers, but with this uncle he felt shy and safe. He liked to watch Uncle Chanyeol’s face, it always calm him, just like appa’s face – he asked Haechan to bring his uncle’s photo after the Parent Teacher Meeting.

 

“Raon-ah, you want me to send you to your home?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“Mr. Park, his appa said that he will fetch him a little bit late because he has works to do.” The teacher said. Chanyeol nodded. It’s already 5.20 pm, about an hour late after the fetching time.

 

Chanyeol stayed at the nursery for a while, watching Raon who happily played with swing with his nephew. He looked at his watch and frown. It’s almost 6 and Raon’s appa still nowhere to be seen. He really wanted to bring the kid back but he knew that it will create chaos later with the kid’s appa so he went back first to his apartment with Haechan with a heavy heart. Before he left, he took a few selfies with Raon because after their first meeting, he had missed the kid so much.

 

What he didn’t know is, the time he drove away from the nursery, Raon’s appa parked his car at his spot.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun still treated Luhan like nothing happened. He tried his best not to question his brother. They were cooking for dinner when Raon came to them and ask something.

 

“Appa? Baba?”

 

“Ne Raon-ah?” both of them simultaneously reply. Baekhyun was stirring the hot curry while Luhan was chopping the veggies.

 

“Is it possible for me to have same face with stranger?”

 

Baekhyun stopped stirring, Luhan stopped chopping. They both staring at the young boy.

 

“Why are you saying that, Raon-ah?”

 

“Haechan’s uncle… Ilowklekin.” He mumbled the last part.

 

“What baby? Can you repeat your sentence again?” Luhan picked him up and put on the counter so they both can look him in the eyes.

 

“I look like Uncle Haechan.”

 

The men tilting their heads, couldn’t understand what the kid just said. Raon took out the photo from his pocket (the one that Haechan gave to him secretly, the photo that he stared everyday without any miss, the photo that make him miss the stranger more) and showed it to his appa and baba. He also couldn’t understand how he could miss a stranger that he only met twice – including the unexpected meeting this evening, he was just an innocent child after all.

 

Baekhyun gasped and Luhan couldn’t get anymore shock.

 

How can Raon has Chanyeol’s graduation photo? Baekhyun was so sure that he left all Chanyeol’s photos behind when they went to Japan.

 

“Ra-Raon-ah, where do you get this photo?” Luhan asked. Baekhyun was too shocked to react. This couldn’t be true.

 

“Haechan gave me. This is Uncle Chanyeollie, Haechan’s uncle.” The innocent child introduced the person in the photo to his parents. Luhan took the photo from him and carefully looked at Baekhyun’s expression.

 

Baekhyun was tongue tied. He didn’t know how to answer his son. ‘Oh, Raon-ah, this person is your father.’ He can’t just explain to his son like that. He looked at the photo in Luhan’s hand and carefully he took it, observing the photo. He can remember well the moment this photo was taken. He was with Chanyeol after all.

 

“Did you – did you met him, Raon-ah?”

 

“Raon met him when appa meet teacher the other day and this evening, uncle Chanyeollie came to fetch Haechan and he played with me for a while. Do I really look like him, appa? Lu baba?” Raon kindly explain to his appa while smiling. He really liked spending time with uncle Chanyeollie. The kid was oblivious to the surrounding. He kept babbling about his new uncle here and there, completely didn’t realise his appa was busy calming himself down.

 

“Baekhyun, let settle this later, eo? We still have dinner to finish and halmeoni will come later.” Luhan reminded Baekhyun.

 

 

 

 

“This curry is good!” the halmeoni exclaimed while sipping another spoon of curry. The young men invited her to the dinner because she had been too nice to them since she moved in beside Baekhyun’s apartment.

 

“That’s a relief, halmeoni.” Luhan smiled and handed her another dish.

 

They chatted for a while, and for Luhan and Baekhyun who never felt motherly love, they are so touched. The halmeoni treated them just like her own children, constantly giving them dishes when they didn’t have enough time to cook. Baekhyun always felt like the halmeoni was so familiar to him but tonight, he even felt like they might knew each other.

 

“It’s the least thing we could do for you, halmeoni. You have been treating us like your own grandchildren.” Baekhyun said. He smiled at the sight where Raon told her the story about his day at the nursery. It really felt like family.

 

After they finish eating the main course, Baekhyun took out the dessert that they made with Raon and gave to the halmeoni to taste one. It was a strawberry short cake, Raon’s favourite and also… Chanyeol’s favourite. He wondered if the cake is still Chanyeol’s favourite.

 

“Halmeoni! Raon helped appa and baba to make this! This stwobewrrry showtcake is my favourite.” Raon giddily said to the halmeoni, jumped up and down, eager to let halmeoni taste the cake that he made them – uh, he only helped to place the strawberry as the decoration on top of the cake, does that counted too?

 

“It’s strawberry shortcake, Raon-ah,” Baekhyun, Luhan and halmeoni corrected Raon at the same time and then they laughed at how synchronised they are. It’s such a nice atmosphere and the three of them then forgot about uncle Chanyeollie.

 

 

 

 

“Ayo, waddup?” Kris highfive the gang in the special room that was only available for 10 of them. Tao followed him with a frown on his face and his lips slightly pouting. He only raised his hands to the awaiting people.

 

“Yo, what’s up? Kinda hard to see you nowadays?” Minseok fist bumped him and then settled himself in Chen’s arm.

 

“I got caught up in family matters at China. Now, it’s already settle!” Kris happily informed. He pulled his lover to the empty seats.

 

“Yah, why are you frowning? You didn’t even greet us.” Jongin asked.

 

“Jongin, Sehun, you really need to remind your workers once again, don’t ogling my Yifan!” Tao rolled his eyes. No one can ogle his ‘FanFan’!

 

“Hey babe, it’s no one fault that I am this irresistible.” The other 8 people grunts as the words let out from Kris’s mouth.

 

Sehun threw the empty plastic bottle to their direction, earning a stern ‘hey!’ from Tao when the bottle hit Kris’s ear. Ten of them chatted quite for a long time since they haven’t met each other lately. Each of them busy with their own career.

 

Chanyeol, Kris, Sehun with their family’s companies, Minseok and Jongin are busy with their family’s seven stars hotels, Tao and Chen as the secretaries, D.O owned a famous restaurant and lastly the ‘SuLay’ couple just established their own law firm from scratch.

 

“Remember when me and Nini went to the dance club at the university for the first time?” Sehun opened a topic. Jongin laughed when his eyes met the maknae’s. How can he forget that moment. Kyungsoo at his side looked at him curiously.

 

“Nope, why? What happened?” Suho asked while sipping his wine.

 

“There we met Kris for the first time. He boasted on how well he can dance and when we had a dance battle, all his moves are rustic and old and don’t forget that the lecturer prohibited him from entering the dance competition!” Sehun and Jongin high-fived each other.

 

“Hey, the lecturer is blind okay! I am a great dancer, if you don’t believe, you can ask my TaoTao here how good I am in dancing!” Kris exclaimed.

 

They just laughed it off and continue to the next topic. They have too many topics to tell each other and they can’t keep their voices low until Sehun and Jongin’s worker had to reminded them to be quiet because their voices reached outside even though the room is sound proofed. This is the problem when they met each other – they can’t stay quiet and all of them want to talk so bad.

 

“Ah yes, I heard that Baekhyun and Luhan are back.” Lay said, opened the pandora box that all of them are dying to know. Who knew the quietest member is the one who brave enough to open the taboo topic.

 

Chanyeol’s breath hitched, Sehun gulped down the whole remaining wine in his glass and Kyungsoo’s face turned sour. The whole room was silenced for a whole 5 minutes. Chen kissed on top of Minseok’s crown, he can’t imagine if that happened to him and Minseok. Kris caressed Tao’s palm with his thumb. All of them also think the same – they can’t imagine if they were in Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s shoes.

 

Being forced to separate when they both madly in love with each other is the most insane thing that they couldn’t accept. They still remembered how bad Chanyeol’s condition is after the break up. He had to withstand with a sudden urge to vomit in the mornings before he went to the class, the cravingness that he had to follow or else he felt like he was dying slowly and lastly the way he craving for Baekhyun by his side. Yes, Chanyeol is already worse but Sehun also the same. The only people who knew about him and Luhan are Chanyeol and Jongin.

 

“He is… fine.” Chanyeol said, his eyes locked at Sehun.

 

“They are fine.”

 

“U

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter