JK - Foreshadow

Odd Wings: Book of Lynx

Jungkook is sitting on his hospital bed in a room shared with 2 other patients. But luckily only one bed is filled, which is his. A plate of freshly cut apple is on his lap, and the TV is playing on a recent news about the country. The reporter is talking about current shareholders and stocks on how some big groups Jungkook couldn’t care less about. One of Yeon Wol's CEO is under investigation for bribery, fraud, and as an accomplish to embezzlement money. Since said crime, the group's stock has drop significantly and experiencing some major loss but they don’t seem to be shaken up at all by the citizen's protest seen from their smug smile and high-end get up. Jungkook reach for the remote and turn off the TV before he's dead of boredom. Then his phone rings from the message that was sent by Jin to the group chat. Jungkook smiles after reading the text, knowing that although he's an only child, he always have his 6 older brothers to look after him, one of which he is really close to—Min Yoongi. He takes a slice of apple from his plate before the nurse suddenly walk in bringing his breakfast and to have daily check up.

"Good morning, Jungkook. Here's your breakfast, and we're going to look at your blood pressure, okay?" says the nurse nicely. She place the cart near the door and bring a tray full of food to Jungkook's table. She then wrap around the arm cuff on Jungkook's upper arm. She presses the button and the arm cuff's tightens. The nurse check for his IV line and place his medicine right next to his food tray. The machine beeps a few seconds later.

"70 over 110, your blood pressure is normal. Please eat your breakfast and don't forget your medicine. We will be moving you to your private room in an hour." says the nurse as she finish writing on her clip board and undo the arm cuff.

"Private room?" Jungkook asks in confusion because he has knowledge of it whatsoever.

"Yes. It'll be ready soon."

"I… I didn’t ask to be move to private room."

"Oh? The administration called and said that one of your guardian request for you to be move to a private room and it is all paid for."

"Oh? Okay." Jungkook just nods politely although he has no knowledge of this moving. Right after the nurse finishes her stuff, Yoongi walks in smelling like cigarettes and quickly fills the room with the smell of it. "Hyung, did you ask to move me to private room? You shouldn’t."

Yoongi froze at the front door when he's about to take of his jacket. He puts on his confuse look and continue to take of his jacket and approach Jungkook's bed. "Huh? No, I didn’t. I don’t have that kind of money in me."

"The nurse said—oh. Of course." Jungkook didn’t finish his sentence.

Yoongi stuck out his neck and raise his eyebrows. "What? What do you—oh. Right." Yoongi suddenly understand why Jungkook did not finish his sentence. "That punk overdid himself again."

"It's not like we can complain." says Jungkook as he open up the food tray in front of him to take his first bite. "Have you had breakfast?" Jungkook asks.

"I had my coffee and my cigarettes just now, so yes." Yoongi answers.

Jungkook puts on his snarky smile because he knows that Yoongi knows that's not what he meant by breakfast. Jungkook starts to devour his breakfast, it may not be the best breakfast, but it’s the best he had in a long time. He looks at the TV and browse the channel, looking for something to watch so the room wouldn't be so quiet. He looks at Yoongi who's sitting on the chair with phone on his hand. Jungkook try to sneak on what's Yoongi seeing that he put on his serious face. He lean his body a little to the side so he could get himself closer to Yoongi. He narrows his eyelid so he could focus his attention and read the writing upside down. Not a minute later, he knows what Yoongi is looking at.

"So, how's your music coming along?" Jungkook's question seems to startled Yoongi. Yoongi quickly lock his phone and shove it to his pocket in embarrassment.

"Uh? Oh! It's okay. It's great. It's fine." he stature not making any sense.

Jungkook laughs looking at his hyung's reaction. "You should submit your music before the audition closes." says Jungkook with a  mouth full of food.

Yoongi laughs. "Finish your food first, idiot." Jungkook smiles like an idiot he is and continue to eat his food while switching through many channels, in seconds all the food on his tray disappear like magic. Yoongi puts on his earphone and plug it to his phone and start closing his eyes. Jungkook looks at Yoongi who's peacefully listening to his music, he knows it that Yoongi is not here anymore when that earphone is out. His phone vibrates that's place on his table, he reach out his hand to take the phone then check the screen. A message from Jin.

 

석진형: Jungkook-a, which room are you in?

 

Jungkook scoffs as if this hyung doesn't know where he is right now when he knows that Jungkook knows the person who asked for him to be moved to private room is him. Jungkook types in his answer when a knock on the door is heard, enter two nurses. 

"Jungkook-shi. Your room is ready for you," says one of them while they walk in and open both door so the bed could fit in through the door.

Jungkook nods and taps Yoongi so he would go back to the present. "Hyung, I'm going to get move."

"Move where? Oh! The private room okay." he tidies up Jungkook stuff and other essentials things in the room and put it everything inside his and Jungkook's bag.

"Which room are we going?" ask Jungkook to one of the nurse who's checking all plug cable is unplug properly.

"4th floor. Room 407," she answers politely. Soon both of the nurse roll Jungkook's outside his door and to the elevator. Yoongi is standing right behind the bed. When the bell sound is heard, they enter the elevator together and press the number 4. But before the door closes, suddenly a hand slip through the crack which make the door automatically open again.

"Ya!" as the door open widely Yoongi could see Jimin enter from the other side. "I was about to go to your room but then I saw you rolling here."

"Hey, Jimin." Yoongi greets him.

"Jungkook-ah! Aigoo… our maknae got into an accident huh?" with his delightful voice he slips in through Yoongi and stands next to Jungkook.

"Hey, hyung. When did you arrived?" asks Jungkook with a smile on his face and greet Jimin with a cup with Jimin's hands.

"Just now."

"Where's Hoseok?" asks Yoongi.

"He's coming. He was just in the toilet and told me to go ahead. I should tell him that Jungkook move room." Jimin takes out his phone and starts typing.

"Say it in the group chat so everyone knows." suggest Yoongi. After Jimin hits send, the elevator dings, telling them that they've arrived at level 4. All of them get out of the elevator and proceed to the designated room. When they were about to make a turn suddenly Yoongi stops them.

"You guys go ahead, I'm going to get us some coffee from downstairs."

Jimin and Jungkook gives him the okay sign and let Yoongi went back into the elevator.