YG - First Encaunter

Odd Wings: Book of Lynx

 

He and Jungkook just got off from physiotherapist office for his consultation. After looking at the x-ray of his leg thoroughly, it seems that Jungkook got dislocated knee that require him to get cast for quite sometime. He will also get physiotherapy 3 times every week, so that his muscle will not be stiff and continue to work as normal when he gets his cast off. Right now Jungkook is on his wheelchair being wheeled out by one of the nurse to the physiotherapy room. Yoongi insisted to come along to see his progress just until he seems a bit better to go by himself. Yoongi has not leave Jungkook for more than 6 hours by himself. He is lucky that Jimin and Hoseok sometimes come and change shift with him so he could go home get some clean clothes and decent sleep. But even when he's home he would rather continue making music than sleeping. He has just got his payment for his last producing. Not enough to cover for Jungkook's expanse let alone himself. He sometime sighs in despair, feeling like he wants to give up and go back to his parents house and do whatever they want him to do. Even going back to school if that what it takes. But whenever he feels that way, he looks at Jungkook and the rest of the member. If he gives up now, that means he gave up on all of them too. Before his mind is filled with thoughts about taking the next exit, they just arrived at the physiotherapy room when the nurse open the double in front of them. The room is really large and wide, specious. Enough for more than 10 wheelchairs to move around. The room looks like a gymnasium rather than hospital ward. A lot of large bouncy balls and walk path with railings. There are even threads hanging down from the ceiling, good knows what's that for. 

"Just right here. Guardian could sit there and watch." says the Nurse to Yoongi while see roll Jungkook inside. Without saying anything else, Yoongi sits down right where he assigned to. He cross his leg and rest one of his arm on his lap as he twirls his lighter around. Jungkook starts his therapy, nothing too major he still just sits down and flexes his muscle. He also get electrostatic for his sprains ankle, the another machine that uses magnet as well. All too technical for Yoongi to understand. Once he's left alone, his mind is full of all other thoughts once again. He thinks about the expanses for all of this, would it be enough what Jin had sent them? Jin transferred a few more million won a few days ago after he heard the news. Knowing Jin, he would probably sent them the right amount of money for all his medical bills. But nevertheless he still worries. All of these worrying makes himself nauseous, he need to get out and get some fresh air—and by fresh air he means smoking. He heaves himself and wave at Jungkook signalling him that he's going out a bit. He gets out the room and when downstairs to the hospital balcony for patient to walk around safely and comfortably. He sits down on of the bench placed at the edge of the balcony behind levelled grass and well-groomed foliage. He takes out his favourite white lighter off his pocket and flick it until a red burning light appear from the hole. He placed it near the other end of his cigarette and light it up until mild smoke came out.

He inhales the smoke couple of times and enjoys its sensation as its toxic fills out his lungs. He looks around the balcony and see a group of people just disperse from clumping together right after the music stops playing. Suddenly, he hears the phone rings from his pocket. He quickly takes it out and press the green button and place his phone on his ear.

"Yoongi!" a voice could heard from the other end right before he could even say his greetings.

"Yes, boss?" he answers. It was his employer, manager of the indie band he has been working with. Its been years but it feels like forever already.

"Ya, I just heard what you sent me few days ago and I have good news. I met with a talent agency and pitch in your song, they loved it! They said that if we can make a full album demo by the end of the next month, we might actually get signed!" he exclaimed.

"Really?!" Yoongi jump from his seat and his blood rushing down his body after he heard the news. He place his free hand on his temple in disbelief and couldn't help but smile upon hearing it.

"Yes, so you better work super hard and I'll be waiting for you demo. You better not mess up this time." he warns him.

"Yes, of course! I will do my best!" click.

The phone got cut off from the other end. Yoongi lower down his phone away from his face slowly, still couldn’t control his smile. He placed his hand on his mouth, touching his curled up lips. He sighs in joy and throw his cigarette to the ground and stomp on it. He walked back inside and go straight to Jungkook's ward to get his laptop and note pad. Suddenly feeling energized and determine to make new songs. He takes the escalator and skip to stairs at a time, he walk in a fast pace almost as if he was running. He quickly reach fourth floor  and turn on the corner. When he almost reach Jungkook's room, he sees a strange looking girl standing in front of the door with her guitar case dangling on the side. He hair is long and wavy, somewhat dry too. He fair skin emphasize her heavy eye make up, with a light coloured lips. She's wearing high cut black boots, and short jeans with t-shirt. She's also wearing outerwear that's longer than her short, almost covering half of her thighs—but it doesn’t look warm at all. For a cold weather she's totally under dress. She's reach out to the door knob and slide the door open and enter the room. Yoongi does not stop her instead he follows her inside the room. He opens the door slowly and enters too. He walks quietly, as he enters the waiting room, he walks even slower. She's not there, she must have enter the other room. When he almost enter the next room, he peaks through the door crack and watch her. She's standing near the cabinet near the bed. She place her guitar against the wall right behind her. She seems to be zoning out looking toward an empty bed. She's holding a white small plastic bag with a note sticking to it. An item that doesn’t look unfamiliar in Yoongi's eyes.

As she places the plastic bag on the cabinet, Yoongi finally open up his mouth. "Who are you?" he says with formality but with a slight annoyed tone too. It can clearly be seen that it startled her, it caught it off her guard and she freeze completely. Only her head turn to face Yoongi but still holding on to the plastic bag that she almost put down.

She giggle in nervousness, forming an uncertain half smile as if she is a robber just caught red-handed. She smiles one more time, "안녕…" she replies with banmal.

"안녕?" Yoongi repeats, couldn’t believe what he hears. They don’t even know each other but she's already using banmal talking to Yoongi. Yoongi is almost certain that it's his first encounter with her.

*

 

Yoongi and this strange girl is now sitting in front of each other in the waiting room of Jungkook's VIP ward. Yoongi look at her up and down on more time, paying close attention to who she is. She might be Jungkook's acquaintance. But from the note that she wrote on the plastic bag, it's unlikely, because it could be clearly conclude that she's here for him. But he does not recognize her. He crosses his leg and cup his knee with both of his hand. She sits rather comfortable too, he does not detect any remorse from breaking into someone's room without permission.

"What's your name?" he asks, still politely.

"Yoon. Lee Yoon," she answers with confident.

"How do you know I'm here. No. Do you know me?" he asks again one more time, probing her.

"Of course," she answers with a smile, rather a smirk than a smile.

"How?"

"Well, I've known you for a really long time. But you don’t know me."

"Of course I don’t know you. If I would, I wouldn’t be asking." Yoongi is getting slightly annoyed by the way she answers his questions. The blood on his face drains and changes.

Yoon stops smiling and starts to be more serious after she sees Yoongi's reaction. She doesn't want to get on the bad side of Yoongi, so she sits more properly now.

"I've known you since the day you produce song for Honey-B. Well, I'm a fan? You can say. But I'm not a stalker." Honey-B is the name of the indie band Yoongi is working with. He also occasionally do a little bit of remix down at the pub where Honey-B perform.

"Then? How do you know I'm here?"

"I volunteer here to perform, a little bit of music for the patients here, an entertainment. I play guitar, you see. I sing a bit to," she turns to the guitar on her side. "One day at night, after I visit some of the children I'm close with here, I saw you in the ER with that boy," she answers more politely now, referencing Jungkook as 'that boy'. "I just bought some snacks from the cafeteria when I saw you, so I put it there when you left."

"If you really are a fan, why don't you just come up to me and say something like a normal person?" his snarky comment snapped. He didn't mean to say it that way, but somehow it came out wrong and Yoongi sort of regret it right after.

Yoon smiles and lower her head down. "I did once and you dismissed me."

Yoongi's shoulder relaxes. Somehow what he said became 100 times more wrong now that she said that. She did? When? How come I don’t remember.

"You must forgotten about it, don’t you?" she points Yoongi. Bulls eye. Yoongi does not answer, but only stutter. "Well, it's okay. Anyway, as I was saying, I'm not a stalker. I was just trying to look out for you."

She stares at his eyes, as he looks back at her deeply too. She form a little smile and Yoongi is still unsure about her but somehow he's convince enough that she's not a bad person who would harm him or Jungkook or anyone. She's just genuinely a fan. "I'll stop here then," she heaves herself, grabbing onto her messenger bag's strap. She takes the guitar on her right hand and bow a little to say her farewell. "Well then…"

She walks right to the door about to pass Yoongi. But before she could reach to the door, something… uh, someone, stops her by grabbing onto her hand. She turns to see her wrist being grab by Yoongi. She stops and froze. "I didn’t say I hate it right?" he mutters in a soft voice.

He turns his head to see Yoon who's standing right next to him, grabbing onto her hand firmly. "Thank you," he thanks her, he turn his straight flat expression and give her a little smile on the corner of his lips—but he only smile with his lips, not with his eyes.

Yoon is even stiffer than before. Him grabbing onto her is one thing, but to thank her and smile at her is another thing—nevermind that it may not look as sincere. Yoongi looks deep into her eyes, he lets go of her hand and get up and face her. "Take care," he wave his hand slowly, but that smile had disappear already. Yoon get back to her senses and try to avert her gaze and form a half smile. She reaches to the door and slide it open but stops there. She turns her head slightly to see him one more time.

"I don’t know if its too much, but it'll be nice if you reply my messages for once. Well, goodbye," right after she says that, she exits and slam the door close leaving Yoongi alone in the room. Yoongi is still confuse with what she means by that, so he quickly checks his phone for any incoming messages, but there was none. He scroll down and see if there's any suspicious messages that might be from her, but he finds nothing. Nothing out of the ordinary, as not a lot of people know his phone number.  How can I text you when I don’t even know your phone number, weird girl?