Beautiful Disaster

His Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He's magic and myth...as strong as I believe...
A tragedy with...more damage than a soul should see…
(Beautiful Disaster-Kelly Clarkson)

 


“Your Highness, how do expect me to protect you when you keep being so stupid.”

Jongin pouted as his personal Knight of 3 weeks cleaned his bleeding hand, “Hey, don’t call me stupid. That’s mean.” 

“Your Highness, the King, and Queen pay me to protect you at all cause. Being nice is not in my job description.” 

“But-”

“All done, Your Highness.”

Jongin examined his perfectly wrapped hand. Everything the other did was flawless. The prince, once again, found himself amazed by the ebony haired male. 

“You’re perfect, Sehun.” 

Sehun stared at Jongin with expressionless eyes, “That’s precisely the reason I’m here now, isn’t it, Your Highness?”

With that being said, Sehun his heels and started walking down the long corridor. 

The Earth Prince watched his hired Knight slowly get farther and farther away from him. He hated when Sehun reminded him that he was only at his side because he was paid to do so. He wasn’t like other Knights who pledged their body, mind, and soul to their Royal. No, Sehun was hand chosen by the Earth King and Queen to protect their only son from anticipated assassins who would try kidnap and harm the prince.

Jongin winced at the memory of hands gloved in black around his throat in the middle of the night. 

Ever since it was found out that Jongin could wield, not one, but two elements he was targeted by neighboring kingdoms and enemies. All wanting to get their hands on the precious Earth prince, hoping to extract whatever it was giving him the gift of wielding two elements. 

Jongin didn’t see it as a gift. When he first called upon the water spirit it was when had nearly drowned in the garden’s grand fountain. All he remembered was hoping and praying that he didn’t die before he became king and filled the kingdom with grace and forgiveness. Something his mother and father saw as weakness. 

Jongin felt his heart swell in his chest.

Oh no, he was doing it again. Letting sadness overwhelm him and getting stuck in his head. Jongin was the brightest soul in the Earth Kingdom. His smile brought happiness and light to even the loneliest of people. He was great at cheering everyone and anyone up with ease. However, it seemed to get harder and harder to keep his own head up these days. 

All of a sudden a black leather gloved hand titled his head up. 

Jongin stared up into his Knight’s stone cold eyes, “Sehun..wha,” He felt the other wipe away a single tear that seemed to escape, “Oh.”

“Your Highness, Don’t cry in public, It makes you look weak. Now, come along. It’s time to meet Chanyeol in the field for sword training.” 

Jongin felt like a helpless rag doll when Sehun let go of him. That was typical Sehun.

He was always there when Jongin needed someone, physically. However, when it came to being emotionally involved, the Knight was nowhere to be found.

Even though they have only known each other for a few weeks, Jongin couldn’t help but want to be close to Sehun. He was literally protecting the prince with his life every day. If he were anyone else, that would have meant something true and meaningful.

But Jongin wasn’t lucky enough to obtain a Knight that truly wanted to live and breathe for him.

He got Sehun.  

~.~.~.~

Jongin’s head was not fully focused during his training and Chanyeol could tell. The prince was missing easy chances to strike, fumbling with keeping his sword steady and tripping over his own feet. 

Chanyeol had plenty of chances to disarm the young prince, but he chose not to. He always had a soft spot for Jongin, and he knew that if he disarmed the prince then the latter would realize his mistakes and go into an apologetic trance. The trainer hated that Jongin thought so little of himself. He was so bright and beautiful.

 Chanyeol would kill or be killed for him. 

Suddenly, Jongin tripped and fell to the ground. Instinct kicked in and Chanyeol dropped his sword and hurried to the smaller’s side. He was going to help the prince up when a perfectly toned arm stretched across his chest, blocking him from his intended task. 

He cut his eyes at the Knight, disregarding the fact that the other was way higher up in ranking than he was and could easily have his head for the simple action. No, nothing matter to Chanyeol when it came to Jongin. He would go to any war and fight anyone to protect the other.

However, that honor no longer his, though technically it never was. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter