LWB 06

Love within boundaries

At the murder site

 

The murder site was quite crowded. The police was able to control the crowd but the media were persistent to get the best picture for their news channel and with the news of NCIU head arriving at the site, they were uncontrollable and police was beyond annoyed of the situation.

Hoya and Sunggyu reached the site shortly, and they were not surprised to see the amount of reporters present in the site. Sunggyu sighed mentally and revised Minho’s advice in the head. He was not going to answer any questions from the reporters. He looked at Hoya and signaled him to get down doing the same. He was bombarded with questions as soon as he set foot on the ground. He tried his best to go through the reporters to reach the body. There were few police cars parked here and there and he made his way through the crowd pushing a few people in the process. When he reached the yellow tapes, he ducked underneath it ignoring the shocked faces of the onlookers as they wait for him to be shooed off by the police like them. He gave a small smile and went towards the victim nodding in response to the salutes he got from the police officers.

Sunggyu went towards the main police officer and tapped him on the shoulder causing him to turn around. The police officer recognized him and gave him a salute to which Sunggyu saluted in return. He made way for Sunggyu to have a much more easy access to the victim’s lifeless body. With Hoya by his side, he looked at the victim’s body.

There laid a woman, seemed to be in her late twenties lifeless. There was dried blood on her side of the head, most probably as a result of a blow on her head by an object. The whole image of the victim showed him a brutal torture. Standing up, he asked Hoya to search for any other evidence or belonging while he looked at the police officer, asking him where the forensic pathologist is.

“I am the forensic pathologist. Nice to meet you sir”

Nodding his head, Sunggyu asked about the report about the body.

“I have to take the body to the laboratory to do further test to give you a detailed report, but for now I can only say that she has been tortured to death and may be . It does seem like the earlier one, but still for the confirmation I have to study more”

“Can you guess at around what time she was killed?”

“I am afraid, I can’t.”

“Oh okay, please do a full report and I hope that you will be able to give the autopsy by today”

Sunggyu turned towards the police officer and asked him whether this murder and the last murder has any similarities between them to which he got a positive reply from the police officer.

“Captain, here look at the mark in her inner wrist. It looks like ‘R’ is carved. Did the other person also had a same mark like this?” Hoya asked.

“Yes that’s what I was going to tell and there are some other things like torturing, the fatal blow to the head and the ”

Sunggyu sighed and asked the police officer to send all the things related to the two murders to NCIU and walked towards the car with Hoya. It seemed like the media were not gone and were waiting for him. They surrounded both Hoya and Sunggyu asking questions to which Sunggyu replied by saying that NCIU will give a media announcement by evening.

“Do you think it is a serial murder case, if so what do you think about it. Two innocent people were killed because you were unable to take proper actions and today also you only came here after the media news.” The reporter Oh Hani intervened and asked giving an accused look to Sunggyu.

Hoya was about to tell the reporter to back off but Sunggyu stopped him with a hand gesture not wanting to give what the reporter wants. He doesn’t want to gain attention and meddle with media rights in the middle of this situation. Therefore he calmly added “NCIU will release proper answers to all your questions by the evening, and up to date the safety of the citizens in this country is the main priority to NCIU, so we will do everything to bring the justice.”

“That means, NCIU is going to undertake this” The reporters continuously asked.

“No more questions” Hoya said to the reporters making way for both of them to enter the vehicle.

Hoya started the engine to drive to HQ. Seeing Sunggyu closing off his eyes he knew that his captain is in deep thoughts. The drive to the HQ was silent. He had to call Sunggyu more than one time to get his attention to tell that they have reached the HQ.

“Sorry Hoya, I was thinking about the situation we are in”

“Hyung, what are we going to do? Today CIA people are coming. We can’t delay it. We already postponed it once. I think it is better to let the police handle this case.”

“Hoya, we can’t do that. We have to solve that case because people here believe that we are going to take over that case and I don’t think police alone can do this. As you said, I know that we are in a tough situation but we have to do something to help them.”

“First of all let’s go. Let’s see what we can do Hoya”

Sunggyu asked Hoya to go first since he didn’t give a call to Hyun and thinking back to the morning scenario, that little bunny might be sulking. He dialed Hyun’s number to start his day by listening to that voice. But the latter didn’t pick up. Knowing that he must be angry at him, he dialed Mrs. Nam’s phone number to which he got an instant reply. When asked about Hyun, she said that he’s sleeping after taking the vitamins since those made him drowsy. He bided her bye and went inside the building to start the day.

At Nam mansion

 

Mrs. Nam entered her younger son’s childhood room to find his son looking outside the window with a sad face. She walked towards him and patted his shoulder to get her son’s attention.

“Hey baby, what are you thinking?” Mrs. Nam asked

“Hmm nothing Umma, I was just thinking about my life. It is complicated and I don’t like the complexity of it umma. I just want a normal life Umma. But I don’t think it will ever happen.”

“Oh baby, why are you thinking like this? You know Gyu loves you and you know how much he loves his job. Don’t make him choose. He married you because he wanted both of his loves in his life. ” Mrs. Nam gently said taking Woohyun to her arms.

“I don’t want him to choose Umma. But with this baby inside me, I want Gyu to be there for our child. I mean my baby should have a normal life where he or she can go to play in the playground, do homework with him, go to nursery functions and everything Umma. Is it something big I am asking? But I can’t tell these things to Gyu because then he will be upset and feel guilty. I don’t want to add him more pressure Umma.”

Mrs. Nam tightened her hug and let Woohyun rest his head against her chest and his hair. “I love you baby and I will be there for you always. You have grown so well my baby. Umma is proud of you. Now you wait here, I will go and bring your vitamins or else that possessive husband of yours will have my head.” She said with a smile to which she got a giggle from Hyun. She was happy to hear that lovely laugh from her son. She gave him the vitamins and pat his head to put him to sleep like when he was a small baby. Even though the time has passed and Woohyun is in his mid-twenties waiting to be a mommy, still for her she was her little baby. Seeing he has gone to sleep she slowly got up from the bed and went downstairs to make something for lunch.

Her mobile ringed at that time and it was from Gyu. She answered it knowing that he is asking about Hyun.

“Hello Emeonim, Sorry to bother you but I tried Hyun’s phone, but he is not answering. I think he is still upset over the morning”

“Gyu, he is not upset. He went to sleep after taking the vitamins. He is just tired.”

“I know he is upset Emeonim I can feel it. And with this work, I know that I won’t be able to give him attention, so I want you to take care of him. I might have to send you there most of the time and I know that he won’t take it well. So I want you to have my back and explain everything to him when needed. This is a request Emeonim,” Gyu said after taking some time.

“I will Gyu. I know how much you love him. So you don’t have to worry, I will take care of your baby for you” Mrs. Nam added in a teasing way.

Sunggyu laughed and said her his good bye.

 

At the HQ

 

Sunggyu was greeted with a big ruckus in his office at his arrival. He couldn’t believe his eyes and ears when he saw the raged demeanor of Dongwoo. The whole office was a mess.

“What the hell is going on here?” Sunggyu asked

All of them looked at him. His team looked at him with a guilty face while the other party just gave him a blank stare. His gut told him this must be because of some differences in the ideas of his team and the CIA team.

“Captain, we are sorry, we were just trying to tell them that you will come shortly but”

“We don’t appreciate you arriving late. We are trained to maintain our punctuality.” One of CIA members said.

“Watch your words talk with manners to him” Hoya shouted.

The CIA members were about to retort but Sunggyu beat them to it. “I am sorry. Let’s not fight and we will have a meeting in the conference room by 10 minutes. You can go and have a seat. I will join you. And Saeron bring them some coffee and you all can wait for me at the C room. Dongwoo and Hoya come to my cabin for a minute”

“Bring all the information we collected to the meeting and I guess we have to tell them that we are going to help with the murder case too. I know that they won’t be pleased but still let’s keep no secrets. And guys please don’t fight. We have to work with them so let’s try to get along” Sunggyu added giving a stern look at both Hoya and Dongwoo to which they nodded their heads.

 

 

Conference Room

 

Dongwoo, Hoya and Sunggyu entered the conference room in order and Sunggyu stand at the head chair motioning everyone to take the respective chairs.

“First let’s go with the introduction part. I am Kim Sunggyu, the captain of NCIU. Here this is Jang Dongwoo and Lee Howon my vices. Then Lee Sungyeol and Choi Minho field detectives Lee Sungjong our forensic pathologist. At the back Lee Taemin and Kim Saeron my IT specialists.” motioning each and every one.

Then Myungsoo started doing introduction.

“And guys, since we are going to work like a group, I hope that all of us will get along. And guys, about this serial murder case we have to take this mission.” Sunggyu added.

“But then how are you going to do our mission? I don’t think it is good to divert our attention. ” Kim Taeun said

“Yes I think we have to finish our main mission. This murder cases can be handled by the police.” Minseok added to which every one of the CIA members seemed to approve.

“Guys, I am sorry but the main priority of NCIU is our citizens safety. And if there is a psychopathic serial killer in our city I don’t think our people are safe.” Sunggyu said.

“But this terrorist attack is much more important. You have no idea what will happen if we do not react at this instance. We don’t need any deviations.” Hyunsik added sternly.

“I told our head that meddling with them is a mistake” Myungsoo said standing up.

“Watch your language. You must be the commanding official for your group. But not here. And if we take the rankings you lie lower than me and Dongwoo” Hoya snapped in anger

“Whatever we are leaving.” Myungsoo said standing.

“Wait guys, let’s not act like this. You have my word that we will give our 100% on this.” Sunggyu said.

“Captain, you don’t need to ask them, you have us, and we will find this killer. They have no manners and humanity” Sungjong said in anger.

“We are leaving” Minseok said and went outside the conference room.

“Damn it. Why is it so hard?” Sunggyu said sitting back

“Captain I don’t think it will work if we work with them” Dongwoo said

“But Dongwoo we have to. I gave my word to Chief. Now what I am going to tell them.”

Saeron interrupted their conversation saying that Chief is on the way to their meeting. Sunggyu sighed and said but there is no meeting. True to Saeron’s words the chief and the assistant chief arrived.

“What the hell Kim Sunggyu, you said that you will work with them. I want Lee Joon in my hands and for that you have to work for them. I think we had an agreement.” Yunho asked in anger.

“Chief it is not captain’s fault. They were the ones who told us that they can’t work with us” Sungyeol quickly add failing to see Sunggyu’s signal to not to talk

“Shut up. I was talking to your captain. I won’t tolerate that behavior from a junior” Yunho said

“Yunho calm down, let’s take this slow” Changmin said gently.

“Don’t meddle Changmin. I want everybody out” Yunho said

“I am sorry Chief. But the way you talked to my team member, I don’t appreciate it. He was just telling you what happened.” Sunggyu said calmly. He asked everybody to leave them alone to settle this.

When everybody went out, Sunggyu touched Yunho’s shoulder and said, “Hyung calm down. I will bring Lee Joon to you. You have my word on it. I will arrange another meeting with them. Don’t stress out. And you really scared the out of Sungyeol. You will have to say sorry for him”

“I know Gyu and I am sorry. I am happy you know me. You understand me better than Minnie. Speaking of him, I may have to sleep on the couch today.”

“Of course I know you better than Changmin hyung. You were my everything back then hyung. So I won’t disappoint you. I owe you big time” Sunggyu said with a smile.

“You owe me nothing Gyu. Arrange the meeting with CIA soon. You know how to negotiate. Use the skills I taught you. You were my top student till now so don’t make me change it” Yunho said patting Sunggyu’s back.

Yunho and Sunggyu came out of the conference like nothing happened.

“I am glad that they didn’t murder themselves” Minho said playfully.

“Our captain can control the Chief. The chief listens to our captain most of the time. They have an amazing and a weird friendship.” Sungjong said to which everyone laughed.

“I agree” Changmin said with a smile.

Yunho came towards Changmin giving him a hug mouthing sorry. “And Sungyeol I am sorry for earlier”

 “See you later hyung” Sunggyu said with a smile. After they left, he told everyone that they are going to have a meeting on the serial murder case and asked them to take all the information from the police. And he asked Sungjong to go and meet the police criminal pathologist personally and take the autopsy.

“Let me know when you all get the information. Taemin you have to get ready for the media announcement too. You will have to do it with Hoya. Dongwoo you are with me. I want to go and meet the CIA superior. Saeron let him know that we are coming. Ok guys. Let’s get to work then.” Sunggyu said

  

 

Somewhere in Seoul  

 

“So Sunggyu you are going to take over the case. That’s what I wanted too. With this way I will be able to get my Revenge. I can’t wait to play with you Kim Sunggyu. You will have to pay for what you did. I won’t let you go easily this time. I can’t wait to have your little Woohyun beneath my arms asking for his beloved Gyu to save him.” A man said with an evil laugh to no one in particular

 

 

 

 

Author’s Note:

Hi guys! Sorry for the late update. I was kind of busy with my university work and for quite some time I had a writer’s block. I hope that I will be able to update more regularly because I don’t want to make you guys wait. But let’s see how this will go. Hope to see you guys soon. Love you all.

I hope that this update is up to your satisfaction.

I am happy for Namu’s Solo Concert. He was on fire these two days. Good luck for the third day too. I had fun watching the fancams. I really wished that I was there with him. Guys cheer on our NAMU..

Last but not least, thank you for all of those who commented and asked me to update, because you made me believe that you miss my silly story. Thank you for my subscribers and the silent readers. Also thank you for those upvotes.

Guys if you enjoyed reading, leave me a comment. I love comments. If you have any request, please do request.

P.S. English is not my first language so there can be grammar mistakes. And also this is not edited. May contain spelling errors too.