Chapter 25

The Nation's Power Couple

“Hello everyone, today I will be showing you guys how I make my smoothie,” Donghae said to the camera for his YouTube channel. Sitting beside him on the kitchen counter was the adorable Seunghee. 

“Mommy sleeping.” She whispered to her father placing her finger on her lip to make a shh sound. Donghae smiled fondly at the little girl and patted her head. “We are making this for mommy, so when she wakes up she will have something delicious and healthy to drink!”

Seunghee excitedly nodded her head and pointed at the fridge. Donghae opened it to take out the ingredients he needed one by one coconut water, raspberry, blueberries, oatmeal, and nuts. 

“Down daddy down,” Seunghee said and he listened, placing his daughter on the ground so that she could play with her toys. “Seunghee is now 23 months old. Next month will be her second birthday but because of the coronavirus, we are not throwing a big party. Y/N and I decided to invite our parents over and that’s it just to be safe. As for the super junior members, well we are just going to video chat with them.” 

He began to start putting the ingredients in the blender. He looked back at the camera and said “I hope you all are keeping yourself safe. Wash your hands and social distance stay 6 feet apart from people if you are going outside.” 

“Who are you talking to?” A groggy voice came from behind the camera. Donghae’s eyes light up at the sight of his girlfriend. “Sleeping beauty is awake.” He said to the camera and Y/N gasped “Are you recording right now? I need to make myself presentable!”

Before he could respond Seunghee squealed in excitment at the sight of her mother. “Mommy!” She ran into Y/N's arms that made Donghae smile even wider. He felt like everything was perfect with his family. "Good morning my peanut!" Y/N smothered the little girl with kisses all over her face. 

Since the birth of his daughter, both of their properties have changed as new parents. Y/N L/N left SM Entertainment. It was difficult for her because she loved all the memories she made there, and she is close friends with everyone there. But sometimes you grow and you want to move on to the next chapter in your life. At 28 years old did she want to continue making music? 

Yes. 

However, she wanted independence. Donghae supported her just like how she supported him all of these years. Of course, the two were worried this would affect his position in Super Junior. Fortunately, it didn’t. 

Now she is signed under EDAM entertainment thanks to her long time friend IU. Oh and don’t worry because Manager Kim is still her manager! He left the same day she left. 

As for the scandal with Dara, the two haven’t yet addressed it because they want to focus on their daughter and relationship. Y/N was the one who decided not to speak on it because she believed it would only cause more drama and until the public has given them the respect and privacy they need. They will respond. 

“I think you look beautiful.” He said and blew a kiss to her. “Ew daddy!” Seunghee whined walking over to her father and smacking his legs. 

“You guys can’t see it, but my peanut is hitting my legs. Lately, whenever I do something she doesn’t like her first instinct is to fight me.” He picked up Seunghee and placed her on the counter. “I think she got it from her mother.” He cupped his mouth to whisper hoping that Y/N didn’t hear that. 

“Hey! I can hear you! You don’t know how to whisper.”  

Y/N finally joined him in front of the camera as she came over to watch him peel the avocado. “I have never seen someone do it the way you do. Why don’t you take a spoon and scoop out the inside?” She suggested, and he responded, "I don't think it was ripe enough and a lot of people peel their avocado!" 

She turned around and waved to the camera. “Good morning.” She said in English and Seunghee copied her mimicking the sound that was coming out of her mother’s mouth. "Soon Seunghee is going to speak more English than you." She boyfriend who only pouted. Y/N giggled and placed gave him a peck on the cheek. 

“Hae and I are taking this stay at home order very well. As you can see from our skin, we are aging backward.” She joked and Donghae laughed giving his wife a playful slap on the causing her to gasp. “You see guys! He is so naughty! He wanted to make another baby.”

“I want a bigger family.” He defended himself. Y/N rolled her eyes and said “We want another child, it doesn’t matter if the next one is a boy or girl.” 

The relationship between the Nation’s Power Couple has grown stronger. The trust that was shaky in the past was gone. No more hiding behind lies. Everything was out in the open for the couple and the public tried to shame Y/N for staying with Donghae. 

The first year was tough since the media wanted to see what their daughter looked like but Seunghee was untouchable. Donghae and Y/N made it their mission that the public wouldn’t see her. They didn’t want the media to change the narrative in their love story and the way they raise Seunghee. 

They knew that the public was just waiting for one of them to mess up and capture it on camera to post to social media. But they never got the chance since Seunghee’s parents made it their top priority to keep her away from the public eye. 

That was until she was accidentally revealed a few months after her 1st birthday. Seunghee was shown to the world through Heechul’s live stream when he was babysitting her. 

[FLASHBACK SUMMER OF 2019]

"Everyone I am at the Nation's treasure Y/N and our fishy Donghae's house. They have asked me to take care of Seunghee while they go on a date that I agreed to right away. I should have been her godfather. Anyway, say hi to the fans Seunghee!" Heechul turned the camera revealing a little girl playing with her toys. 

"Hi." Seunghee waved at the camera and turned her attention back to her toys. 

Fans were debating about who Seunghee looks like more Y/N or Donghae. They were also commenting on how cute is she. But one particular comment made Heechul's eyes widen in fear it was from Y/N's account. 

"Kim Heechul you dummy, you broke the rule." 

He quickly ended the Instagram live. 

[PRESENT DAY]

“How’s your smoothie coming along?” Y/N asked her boyfriend. “Mommy down,” Seunghee demanded and Y/N listened. Donghae let out a low chuckle at the sight. “What?” “You guys, Seunghee has Y/N’s firecracker personality. She is Y/N’s mini-me.” 

“That personality will only make her a strong independent woman!” Y/N said and Donghae nodded his head. “The smoothie is almost ready!” He placed the avocado in the blender and said “Now all we need to do is blend.” 

He pressed the button, but it wasn’t turning on. “Is this broken? We just bought it a couple of months ago.” He tried again and it wouldn’t blend. Y/N sighed and pointed out “Hae honey, you didn’t plug it in." 

"Oops." 

While the smoothie was blending he took Y/N's hands and they began dancing around the kitchen. "We need music." She said but he shook his head. "Let's dance to the sound of the smoothie." They danced for a minute or two and checked on the drink. 

Donghae stopped the blender and Y/N peered over to take a look. "Let's taste it now." He drank some straight from the blender and Y/N whined "Hae! How can Seunghee and I have a taste now if you drank it straight up from the blender?" 

"Simple my love, here." He lifted the drink and she reluctantly took a sip. "Seunghee do you want some of daddy's smoothie?" Donghae asked their daughter who ran into the kitchen. "No running please." Y/N reminded the girl.  

"That's all for today, I hope you guys enjoy the video and try out my recipe!" 

The Lee family smiled and waved bye to the camera. 

"Bye bye!" Seunghee said blowing a kiss to the camera.