Chapter 17

The Nation's Power Couple
"We have a bunch of songs that we think are perfect for you guys." The A&R team member said to the couple who were sitting across from them. "We can't wait to hear them." Donghae said, "The first song is called Some." They played it and Y/N was tapping her manicured nails along to the beat. "I really like this one Hae." "Ms. L/N, we have many more songs to go too." The A&R member reminded the woman. "There is a rap to this song. We can have someone featured in unless you guys want to cut it out." The couple listened to the rap and Y/N looked over at her boyfriend. "Eunhyuk can do it." He said, "So it would be a D&E featuring Y/N basically." She said, "No I was just saying if anyone can do this rap it is probably Eunhyuk." Donghae said, "Excuse me, Ms. L/N we did have Eunhyuk in mind to do this part of the song." Another member of the A&R team said: "Okay but I don't want him in this collaboration. Don't get me wrong I love Eunhyuk but I just don't want him to be part of this." They all nodded their heads in understanding and Donghae rolled his eyes. "Why are you rolling your eyes at me?" Y/N asked confused."Let's move on to the next song." He said and the staffs listened. "This next song is called 200%." "This song is cute but not my style." Y/N said, "I like it." Donghae said, "Can we go to the next song?" Y/N asked, "Ms. L/N, we have not finished the demo yet." "It's alright. It's going to be a no from me." The staffs nodded their heads. "I think this next song will be perfect for you guys. It's called Every Time." The couple listened and a smile was on both their faces. "This is the one." They said "Are you sure?" "Yes. This song is something my girlfriend and I can both agree on." 
 
They finished discussing the song and the couple was at a cafe. "Sorry if I was rude earlier during the song selection. I am a bit of a perfectionist." Y/N apologized and Donghae fed his girlfriend a piece of strawberry off the slice of cake he was eating. "I understand. I know how you are baby. Besides it was mostly the pregnancy hormones speaking ." "I love Eunhyuk don't get me wrong but I wanted this to be just the two of us." He smiled and said "I accept your apology. Besides I can't stay mad at you forever. You are too cute." He leaned over the table to give her a peck on the nose. "You missed." She said, "Did I?" He glanced at her lips and leaned in to kiss her but was interrupted by a tap on the shoulder. "Can I have a picture with you?" A fangirl asked him. "Sure." He said and she handed Y/N the phone. "1...2...3...cheese." Y/N said in an unenthusiastic voice. The fangirl wrapped her arms around Donghae's arm. "Okay done." "Thank you." Donghae sat back down in his seat and notice his girlfriend's pout. "Jealous?" He "Yes." "Aw baby. I'm all yours and you know that."
 
The couple returned home. "Manager just texted me that Heechul bought more clothes for the baby." Y/N rolled her eyes. "As much as I love him. He is crazy." She laughed at her boyfriend. "So much love between you and your members." They went to their guest room which they are planning to turn into the baby's room. "Have you ever thought of moving to a bigger home. We do want a big family." He pointed out "I mean yeah. I don't think we can fit four kids in one room." He made a thinking face. "I mean we can but it is going to be tight." "What color do you want the room?" She asked him "What color do you want it to be?" He asked her "I asked you first." "I asked you second." "I don't want to do it the traditional pink and blue unless that is what you want to do. If that's the case we can compromise." "Why don't we keep it white and then just buy cute colorful decorations." He suggested and she smiled. "I like that idea." "What can I say? I'm a genius." She rolled her eyes.
 
[NEXT DAY]
 
The couple was recording their single. "Y/N, let's do that again." Donghae watched as his tired girlfriend pouted. "Can't I take a break?" The producer shook his head. "I know you Y/N. You have it in you to do well. Let's continue." "Maybe we should take a break." Donghae chimed in. "You can go home. You finished your session." The couple was taken back. "I'll do it again then." She said. He played the music and Y/N tried her best to meet up with his expectation. But he was not satisfied and stopped the music. "Let's just end it here." He said, "Just give me a break and I can get this done today." She said, "Give her like five minutes." Donghae said but the producer was not having it. "I don't care if you are pregnant or not Y/N. I want you to come back tomorrow and try again." "Yes, sir." "You both are free to leave." The couple left and Donghae noticed how upset Y/N was. "What's wrong my love?" "I think it's time for me to probably just quit the business." "What do you mean? You had one bad day. But you worked so hard to become the artist you are today. Are you forgetting that?" "One bad day but you saw how frustrated everyone was with me today." "You are just having an off day babe." She let out a deep breath. "I hope you are right." "Y/N baby, you are the Nation's Treasure. So many people look up to you. Everyone has bad days. Don't let one bad day stop you from doing what you love. "You're right Hae. Sorry, my emotions are all over the place." He smiled and kissed her on the forehead. "Don't be sorry for how you are feeling. Just talk to me about it. I love you." "I love you too."