Chapter 18

The Nation's Power Couple
"I bet you it's a boy! You did not suffer from the same symptoms that I had when I had you Y/N."' Her mother said "I hope you have a girl! I would like a granddaughter. I raised two boys and unfortunately missed out on the joy of raising a girl." Donghae's mother said and Y/N laughed. "Hello Ms. L/N, are you ready?" The doctor asked as she entered the room. "My boyfriend will be here soon. Can we wait for him?" Y/N asked "Of course! I would love to see the reaction of the Nation's Power Couple." The doctor said and Y/N thanked. "Have you and Donghae been thinking of names?" His mother asked her "Yes we were thinking about-" Y/N was cut off by her boyfriend's entrance. He busted the door open in excitement. "I'm here!" "Geez what a way to make an entrance." Y/N joked "I'm sorry I'm late. the meeting went by longer than I thought." He apologized to everyone and bent down to give Y/N a peck on the forehead. "As long as you are here now, that is all that matter." His mother said, "Shall we begin?" The doctor asked and the couple nodded their heads. "How far are you Y/N?" Donghae's mother asked "18 weeks." Donghae sat down beside the mother and watched in excitement as the doctor set everything up. His eyes made his way to his girlfriend. She was laying down with her dainty hands over her belly in a protective manner. She looked exquisite to him. She looked up and he smiled. "Stop staring at me, you are making me blush." Y/N joked and he winked at her.
 
[MEANWHILE]
 
"So do you think this is going to be a good surprise or fail like their anniversary?" Eunhyuk asked the members as they entered Y/N and Donghae's house. "Hopefully goes well," Siwon said as he helped Leeteuk carry the baby crib in. "Donghae and Y/N are lucky to have friends like us," Yesung said as he carried the giant stuffed bear. "The only bad thing that can happen is Y/N yelling at us." Shindong pointed out. "We are doing her and Donghae a favor," Heechul said. It was hard for the members since they were not given the news on whether the Nation's power couple were expecting a prince or princess so they decided to buy gender neutral items. "What do you think they are expecting?" Leeteuk asks "A girl." Siwon answered, "My money on a girl." Heechul agreed "No way! They are having a boy." Yesung argued. "No way if it was a boy than her belly would be low." Eunhyuk said, "Where the hell did you get that logic?" Yesung asked in disbelief. "Enough arguing lets get this baby room all set up." Leeteuk scolded the members.
 
"How much do you wanna bet that they are having a boy?" Shindong asked Yesung. "We are not placing bets on a baby," Leeteuk said to them. "We are not placing it on the baby. We are placing it on the gender." Shindong tried to reword his proposal to Yesung earlier but Leeteuk was not having it. "Whatever they are having we are happy regardless." "He's right. Whether the couple is having a girl or a boy. We will love them." Siwon added, "You're making me feel bad now." Shindong said and they all laughed. "Can you believe they are going to be parents. They have been together for so long. They faced so many challenges along the way yet they are still in love. I hope I can find someone who can love me like the way they love each other. Through thick and thin they have each other's back." Eunhyuk said, "Is someone going to cry?" Heechul teased "Shut up." He threw a pillow at the older man who fell to the ground in a dramatic manner. "Oh get up you," Shindong said sticking his hand out for Heechul to grab. "It's too late. I can see the light." Heechul said closing his eyes. "I'll keep you in my prayers." Siwon said, "Can someone get their mans?" Eunhyuk asked.
 
[BACK WITH THE NATION'S POWER COUPLE]
 
"Congratulations!" The mothers cheered as the doctor announced to the couple their baby's gender. "I can't believe it," Donghae said giving Y/N a peck on the cheek as he watched the monitor. He had a beaming smile on his face and a gentle squeeze on Y/N's hand showed how much joy he was feeling. He looked at his girlfriend whose eyes were still on the screen. "Babe." He called out to her but her focus was still on the monitor. "Y/N honey." She finally turned to him and he could see the big smile on her face. There were tears in her eyes. "Aw baby, don't cry." He laughed wiping her tears. "I'm just so damn happy Hae. I'm so excited and I could not have it any other way as long as I got to have this moment with you as my lover." He blushed and said, "When did the Y/N become so cheesy." He teased looking away from her. She grabbed his chin gently forcing him to look at her. "I love you." "I love you too." "So can we post this on our Facebook and let everyone know the good news or no?" Y/N's mother asked and they looked up at the iPhone camera that was recording them the whole time. "Mom!" "What?" She asked confused and everyone laughed. "No, you can not post that. We will reveal the news ourselves. We do not want anyone exposing us." Y/N said and her mother pouted "I won't post it. But I'm sending this to your father." She said, "Send that to me too please." Donghae's mother said to Y/N's mother who winked at her and said: "I gotchu girl." "Shall we head out for some dinner now?" Donghae asked helping Y/N up off the bed.
 
"How is the music making?" Donghae's mother asked the couple. "Y/N is really difficult to work with." He answered and Y/N nudged him. "Trust me, I am fully aware of how much of a perfectionist she is." Her own mother said and they all laughed. "The producers have no consideration that she is pregnant. They are still making her work hard." "Hae, we talked about it. Even if I'm pregnant they will not treat me any different than when I wasn't." Y/N pointed out "Still, they should remember that you are pregnant and there should not be so much stress on you." Donghae's mother said, "I'm just singing beside the CEO told me if I am overwhelmed then everything will be put on pause." "I don't understand your relationship with your boss. Yall are at each other's throats yet you are still one of his favorites." "Mom, I'm his favorite because I bring money and attention to the company. Doesn't matter if I'm performing, making an album, or on a hiatus. I'm always talked about whether it is good or bad news. This brings attention to the company where they can address rumors or they can promote the other artists. All I want to know is when is f(x) making a comeback." Y/N said taking a sip of her water and Donghae rubbed his girlfriend's shoulders. "You know you can't ask questions with no answers."
 
[LATER]
 
The couple arrived back at their home. "SURPRISE!" They were shocked when they saw the Super Junior members chilling in their living room. "What a pleasant surprise." Y/N said noticing all the blue and pink balloons around the room. "What is all this for?" Donghae asked "Well we do know that today is the day that you went to the doctors to see what you guys are expecting." Leeteuk said "That is correct." Y/N said "I knew this was not going to turn out the way I want it." Eunhyuk said and Donghae looked at his girlfriend. "Should we tell them?" She made a thinking face. "Do you guys really want to know?" She questioned "YES!" All of the members said leaning in to hear the answer they have all been waiting for. She held her boyfriend's hand and said "We are expecting a girl!"