Chapter 9

You are Mine

Hoshi and Yuju back to GFriend's waiting room, they get welcome from the girls right away as soon as they enter the room.

"Oh Dear Lord! Where have you been, Yuna-yah?! Everybody looking for you everywhere?!" The girls bombarding.

"Eunha-yah, I'm waited you. How could you left without notice me?" Yuju nag.

"Where were you actually, I'm looking for you and even called you, it's impossible if you not heard me..." Eunha nag back.

"I'm waited you right on the side of toilet exit." Yuju insist.

"It's impossible. If you was there, I must've see you and you must've heard me called you." Eunha also insist.

 

"Yuna is squated next to huge bushes pot and she was listened music on earphone from mp3 player, her cellphone is off because empty battery." Hoshi explanation is make everybody gawk understand and at the same time seems taunting with the same respond, "Aah..."

 

Yuju blushing sheepishly, "I'm sorry... for be such troublesome..." she low her face, look guilty.

Sowon caress Yuju's head dearly, "Lucky you.. Hoshi is here today to found and brought you back safely." Then Sowon turn to Hoshi, "Thanks, Hoshi."

Hoshi grinning, "Ah, never mind, no need to mention, Noo-Nim."

"Really. Thanks. I mean it a lot." Sowon said it seriously, "This girl..." Sowon said while pointing to Yuju, "Can be really lost on the crowd. She's really bad at direction, and she easily drown herself into music. So if she happen listening music while on the crowd, make sure you grab her hand, if not... you will lose her once she out of your sight. Seriously!"

Yuju pout, sulk at Sowon's exagerated statement, while the others laughing.

 

"A choo...!!" Yuju sneez make everybody stop laughing then stare at her.

 

"Quickly, get her a warm drink and blanket!" Sowon command make everybody moves to do what she told. "And you, young girl, change your wet clothes to dry one, quickly!" Sowon pull Yuju.

 

 

After a while...

Yuju already change clothes, tucked on thick blanket with mug og warm milk on her hands, sitting on the couch. Eunha help to dry Yuju's hair.

"Drink your milk before it cold then get some sleep, we still have sometimes before our performance! You are our group's main vocal, you can't catch a cold." Yerin nag.

"I'm okay." Yuju said.

"You sneezed a while ago, remember?" SinB remind.

Yuju sigh, give up, there's nothing she can confront to them based on that 'sneez incident', so she decide to just do what they told them to do.

 

Hoshi come closer then sit next to Yuju. He naturally reach out his hand to touch Yuju's forehead, checking if she catch a fever or not.

"I'm fine." Yuju said. Hoshi just nod.

"But Oppa, you wet." Yuju said in concern.

"I'm fine." Hoshi said while take off his wet jacket.

"Here... I'll share my blanket." Yuju said then spread her blanket to cover Hoshi also.

Hoshi grinning when he feel Yuju twine his arm under the blanket.

"Here, I'll share my shoulder. Get some rest." Hoshi said then pats his own shoulder, sign to Yuju to rest her head on it. Yuju is blushing but she do as what he told her to do.

"I miss you..." Hoshi whisper just for Yuju to hear.

"I miss you too." Yuju whisper back.

Hoshi smile. Under the blanket he seek for Yuju's hand, when he find it he clasp it with his fingers. He then take a deep breath, inhale Yuju's scent, fill his lungs with it.

Not to long, both of them drift to sleep, seems comfortable while lean to each other --- Yuju's head rest on Hoshi's shoulder, and Hoshi's head lean to Yuju's --- share warmness under the same blanket, feeling each other companion.

 

 

"They make me jealous." Eunha admit while pouting.

"Yeah, me too..." SinB said.

"They look so cute together." Umji said almost squeal.

"Yeah, and their cuteness make me more jealous." Yerin add.

"Uhmm... maybe I should start to get my own boyfriend too..." Sowon mumbling.

 

*****

 

Few months later.

 

Yuju will participate at popular singing show, Fantastic Duo special Chuseok, she will sing by herself, not as a group. It's not like she dislike to perform with her members... no, definitely not like that. She undoubtfully loves her members, she loves GFriend and their music. Just for sometimes she need to has space and chance to being herself, to perform differently from GFriend's style and to be more as Choi Yuna's style. More adding for her excitement, at that show she will perform in front of her favorite singer, Wheesung, that she like since her younger age years ago. Yuju eagerly want the oportunity to win the battle to be able duet with Wheesung. That's her personal goal, not to win the entire show (but it gonna be great if she win that too ^^) but all she want is to duet with Wheesung. It's one of her biggest dreams and she might gonna reach it. She make noted for herself that she just has to do it greatly more than she do normally.

 

Yuju is so exciting when she told Hoshi about the news by phonecall.

 

*on phone conversation

Yuju : "It's Wheesung Sunbaenim! Can you imagine? I'm gonna meet my favorite singer and sing with him! Gyaaa!!"

Hoshi : "You like him that much?" (Hoshi's voice sound jealous, but Yuju is too exciting that moment so she not aware)

Yuju : "Yeah! I like him a lot! You know how great his voice, right?"

Hoshi : "Yeah. Of course I know."

Yuju : "Uhm... Oppa, do you have any suggestion of his song that I can choose for my introduction?"

Hoshi : "Uhmmm...."

Yuju : "How about 'Even Thought of Marriage'? That song is so dramatic."

Hoshi : "Ma-... Marriage?"

Yuju : "Uhmm... 'I Can't' and 'Insomnia' are must-learn-songs, but I think I have to sing another than those 2 songs for my self introduction."

Hoshi : "How about 'With Me'?" (Hoshi is actually refering himself)

Yuju : "Owh.. that's good choise. I better start now to look for the material to practise."

Hoshi : "Yuna-yah..."

Yuju : (interupt) "Thanks Oppa. You really good helper. I'm gonna practise. Goodluck for your next concert. Don't forget to eat! Don't make your enteritis relapse like when you at Chigago last week. You don't know how you made me worry that time..."

Hoshi (grinning) : "Did I?"

Yuju : "Yes. You better not make troubles, okay? We are far apart now (Hoshi in the middle of his bussiness of Seventeen's 1st world concert), it's not easy for me to go to see you if something happen. You don't know how bad I really want to fly to Chigago to see you that time but can't do that for real... so please, be okay."

Hoshi : "Okay." (Hoshi's jealousy is totally gone at this rate, melted by Yuju's sweet concern)

Yuju : "Get some rest, Oppa. I have to go now."

Hoshi : "Okay. I'll call you again later."

Yuju : "Okay. Bye Oppa."

Hoshi : "Bye Jagiya."

*end of phone conversation.

 

Yuju practise dilligently, despite GFriend's hectic bussiness promoting their fifth mini album, Parallel, with the title track "Love Whisper", they also in process to released the repackage album Rainbow with the title track "Summer Rain" in weeks later. Then something happen... a sudden pain in her stomach during a fan signing in Sinchon almost faint her.

 

Yuju can't lift her face up, she scrunching her body since her stomach hurt so much, she even can't cry for help. The fans in front of her is froze in worry. SinB who sit on next her left side even can't compose herself to help, since she too taken aback at that moment. Fortunately Sowon come closer.

"What's wrong?" Sowon ask. But Yuju can't even answer, she just sobbing in pain with grimace face.

"Where the hurt?" Sowon ask again, but Yuju just groaning while her hand on her stomach, too hurt and don't have strength to spill a voice.

"Your stomach?" Sowon ask, Yuju just nod.

Sowon grab her arm, trying to help her to get up, but Yuju is limp, strengthless, luckily Yerin come to help. Then Sowon and Yerin drag Yuju to the back stage and urge Manager-Oppa to take Yuju to hospital. After through a detailed examination, she was diagnosed with acute enteritis. There was no other observation of concern, and she was sent home after being prescribed the appropriate medication.

 

 

GFriend's dorm.

 

*on phone conversation

Hoshi : "You said that I shouldn't make troubles. To eat and rest properly. Since we far apart right now, it's difficult if we want to see each other. Even more when something happened. You scolded me when my enteritis relapse 2 weeks ago. Then how could you put me at the same situation now? Are you take revenge to me?"

Yuju : "No, Oppa. It's not like that..." (Yuju sound so low almost like whisper, since she still in recovery)

Hoshi (feel so hurt to heard Yuju's weak voice) : "Gosh! I want to see and by your side right now..." (he sounds growling, having hard time to control his emotion)

Yuju : "I'll be fine. I already get better. Don't worry."

Hoshi : "You better be... if not then you'll get some trouble from me." (he sternly warn)

Yuju : "Okay."

*end of phone conversation.

 

"He mad at you?" Eunha ask and Yuju just nod.

"It's because he care and worry about you." Eunha said and Yuju nod again. "Is there something I can do to ease your pain and make you fell better?" Eunha ask again that makes Yuju smile.

"You can lay by my side to rub my stomach until I get sleep, since my Mom not being here to do that for me." Yuju said.

Then Eunha move from her own bed to Yuju's and do like what her roommate asked her to do, "Get a sleep, Yuna-yah. I'll be right here to comfort you. Get better quickly. Don't sick too long." Eunha said sincerely that makes Yuju smile, touched by the sweetness of her roommate.

 

Fortunately, the next day Yuju get better. Eventhough her stomach still feel weird, but it no longer in severe pain. She even doesn't need to skip their schedule.

 

*****

 

SBS TV Station, after filming Fantastic Duo Chuseok Special end.

 

"Good job, Yuna-yah. You really did good job. I like your singing style also your shrill voice. Take good care of your tallent and use it well. I expect your bright future career and your artworks." Wheesung compliment as if boost Yuna rocketing so high through the 7th cloud of happiness.

"Thank you for this great opportunity to picked me to accompanied you to the final stage. It's a great honor for me, Sunbaenim." Yuju said it with twinkling eyes that looking to Wheesung in so much admiration.

Wheesung smile, then pats Yuju's head dearly, "Awww~... You are adorable for sure." He messed up Yuju's hair for a bit, that make Yuju feel so overwhelming.

"I wish I have an adorable little sister like you." Wheesung said.

"I-... it's a great honor for me if you don't mind to see me as your dongsaeng, Sunbaenim." eventhough stutter, but Yuju can't help herself to said that. She just too happy and excited.

Wheesung chuckle, "Okay then. Let's start with you stop call me 'Sunbaenim' instead 'Oppa' since you are my dongsaeng. There's no yeodongsaeng (여동생 : younger sister) call her older brother as Sunbaenim." He tease.

Yuju blushing with wide twinkling eyes that looking straight to Wheesung, "O-... Oppa. Wheesung Oppa."

"Great! Sounds lot more better." Wheesung exclaim in satisfaction and chuckle.

 

*****

 

GFriend dorm, after filming Fantastic Duo Chuseok Special.

 

"Oh my God! Wheesung Sunbaenim is totally sooooo cooooool!!! He is so charming. Gyaaaaa!!!" Yuju is so exciting tell her members about her interaction with her favorite singer during their filming for the show. Her members just chuckle since they know very well that Yuju is Wheesung's big fans for years, they happy for her happiness to meet and even had duet with her idol also the big bonus was she even won the show. So it's normal for Yuju to being so happy and exciting about it.

 

Even after days after, Yuju is still keep in touch with her idol star. They text each other or even had phone conversation almost everyday. Lately, if there's a reason behind her cheerful and giggle on the phone it's not only because Hoshi but also Wheesung. The progress is even making her other members worry.

 

*****

 

Seventeen just finished all their 1st world tour and back to South Korea about 2 days before Chuseok Day. With so much excitement and hardly miss for his girlfriend, Hoshi quickly make a phonecall to Yuna as soon as he sit on their van. But after waiting for quite sometimes, Yuna is not pick up his call.

 

"Ouwh... geez!! Why she not pick up my call?! Aarrghh!!" Hoshi irritatingly groan.

"Calm down, Hyung. Remember, your girlfriend is on popular and busy girl group. Your GFriend is not yours only but also buddy's. There's no other way than you have to share her with them." Seungkwan who sit next to him tease in exagerated dramatic tone, especially for the two last sentences.

"She's mine!!!" Hoshi irritatingly twine Seungkwan's neck and clamp it under his armpit then roughly messed up that younger boy's hair, make the boy terribly asking for mercy, while the other members laughing at them.

 

 

Few hours later...

Hoshi just ignore the ring of his cellphone, since he is actually sleeping, still not get enough rest, too sleepy and tired plus jetlag due to time difference. But in the morning of the next day, when he finally wake up after lo~oong sleep and check on misscalled list, he regret to not wake to pick up the phonecall last night, since it's actually from Yuju. But fortunately she left messages.

 

My Jagiya Choi Yuna♡ :

[ Oppa, are you already landing? ]

[ Safely landing, right? ]

[ Welcome back!! Yeeeaayy!!^^ ]

[ I'm sorry for not picked up your phonecall. I'm in the middle of filming for Immortal Song 2. I already told you about it, remember? I'm gonna sing alone, solo, without my members. I'm so nervous before, but it's done now. I'm so glad everything goes well. I lost, but that's okay, the experience is means more. That's Wheesung Oppa told me. He's so nice, right? I'm so happy grateful I know him personally. What a very lucky fans I am. Hehehe...^^ ]

[ Oppa, are you sleeping? You not reply nor pick up my call... ]

[ I guess you are sleeping. Then... have a nice sleep, Soonyoung-ie Oppa... miss you a lot. ♡<3 ]

 

Hoshi's smile fade after read the 4th message from Yuju, fortunately the last message is somehow 'heal' him, make him feel (a bit) better.

 

Why she had to mention about Wheesung Sunbaenim?...

Uhmm... lately she often mention him.... and I hate her did that.

She seems... like him... a lot... eventhough I know she indeed  idolize him. But... it's too much. It's over the edge.

Hoshi thought upsetly.

 

Huft~...

Hoshi exhale a deep heavy breath, trying to ease his stuffy chest.