Chapter 3

You are Mine

GFriend just finished their performance on music show at paricular TV station. They running cheerfully on the hallway about to get back to their waiting room, feeling satisfy for complete their performance filming.

 

"Yuna-yah, CEO-Nim want to talk to you." Manager-Oppa said while hands his cellphone to Yuju, as soon as the girls enter the waiting room.

Yuju's cheerful face instantly change to stiff. It's rare for CEO-Nim talk to them by phone. He usually talk to Managers, so then Managers who will take care of technically. Yuju accept the cellphone, but not pick up the call right away. She look at her members that also became anxious. Then she look to Manager-Oppa, his face is calm, she even sense a slight of happiness on it, but she thought that it might nothing to do with what CEO-Nim's wants to talk to her right now.

 

"Go on, pick up the phone, Yuju-yah... CEO-Nim is waiting." Sowon reminding.

Yuju nod, "But, Manager-Oppa, are you know about the matter that CEO-Nim's wants to talk to me?" She ask.

Manager-Oppa nod.

"Then, can I let all members hear it too with me? I just really doesn't have any experience about something like this and I'm too afraid to decided by myself." Yuju carefully ask.

"It's up to you. Afterall your members also now about it, and they also attended at the last meeting." Manager-Oppa said objectively.

"Thank you, Oppa." Then Yuju turn to look at her members, "Would you please help me? Do you mind to hear it too with me?" Yuju ask timidly.

The girls smile and nod, "Sure. We'll be always here for you, Yuna-yah." Sowon said on behalf other members.

"Thank you. It means a lot to me." Yuju feel so grateful. Then they gather on the corner of the room, Manager-Oppa sign to the other staffs to give a space for the girls. Then after take a deep breath, Yuju turn on the loudspeaker of the cellphone.

 

*on phone talk

Yuju : "He-... hello, CEO-Nim, this is Yuna. Manager-Oppa said you want to talk to me.."

CEO-Nim : "Yes, Yuna. I already talk to Pledis's CEO."

Yuju : "Ah, yes? CEO-Nim for your information, I want to let the rest of members to listen this conversation as well, since I really doesn't have any experience about something like this kind of relationship and I'm too afraid to decided by myself, so I feel that I need their support. Is that okay for you?"

CEO-Nim : "Yes. I don't have problem with that. Instead I really appreciate your wise decision. Then, let me start... If you really gonna accept him and both of you decided to in relationship.. Me and Pledis CEO-Nim have deal that we gonna let both of you dating."

 

"YEEAYYY!!" Yerin, Eunha, SinB and Umji can't hold themself to express how they happy with CEO-Nims permission. But Sowon glare at them right away, "Behave!" She warn them sternly that make the girls quickly mouthpalming themself. "I'm sorry for unnecessary disturbance. Please continue, CEO-Nim." Sowon said in charismatic leader tone.

 

CEO-Nim clear his throat before continue.

CEO-Nim : "Okay. But... in secreatly."

 

Silence.

CEO-Nim pause for a while. Seems want to give time for the girls, especially Yuju, to digest his words.

 

CEO-Nim : "We are so sorry. But since we not sure about what both of your fans will react if your relationship known publickly. We gonna keep monitor your progress. If someday we already sure that safe enough for you to announce it publickly, then we will inform both of you. Then both companies will officially announce it. Also both of you have to promise us that both of you MUST be responsibly in your relationship. Don't recklessly dating or meeting. It's for both your sake, both group's sake, as well both companies's sake. So please, hang on with us, with these circumstances, we sincerelly ask for both of you to bear it, if both of you really want doing your relationship. How's that? Yuna-yah, tell me your opinion."

 

Yuju taking deep breath before answer.

Yuju : "I understand your good intention for impose those conditions. I sincerelly grateful at you and Pledis CEO-Nim's wise decision and even thoughtfully guidance. Thank you CEO-Nim. I agree with your conditions and will do my best to obey it, IF I really do the relationship. For your information more, Hoshi Sunbae-Nim hasn't came to me to hear my decision yet. I'll make sure to let you the know the progress later, CEO-Nim."

CEO-Nim : "Okay. That's all for now. I let you decided by yourself, since this is your private matter. I trust you able to be wise and mature enough to decide."

Yuju : "Okay. Thank you very much, CEO-Nim."

*end of phone conversation.

 

"We are so happy for you, Yuna." Eunha who standing next to Yuju give a hug to her roommate.

"The most important part is hasn't complete yet, Eunha-yah." Sowon said, then turn to look at Yuju, "Have you decided, what answer will you give to him when he came?" Sowon carefully ask, trying to make her sounds calm, not to make Yuju feel more pressured.

Yuju shake her head, "My sanity keep remind me the fact that he is a strange person, who I not know personally." 

 

"But what your heart says?" Yerin test.

Yuju sigh, "I can't forget how he asked me, how his eyes look at me that time, how his sounds, the feel when he hold my hand, and..."

SinB suddenly interrupt, "The feel when Hoshi Sunbae-Nim kiss your back hand." That make Yuju blushing right away then low her face, hiding her embarassment, that make all her members chuckle.

"Yeah... that's too. The main point is, I'm touched by the way he confessed." Then Yuju sheepishly lift her blushing face to look at her members, "Tell me honestly, do I misinterpret? If you have any advice, please tell me. I really don't know how I supposed to do. Help me girls, please..." Yuju look and sounds desperatedly confuse. The girls feel pity on her.

 

Maknae Umji twine Yuju's waist to give her a hug, "Yuju Unnie, the normal you is confident on your abillity. You always shine on stage, you also able to all out on variety shows. Please don't be different... even more now at time like this. We are sad to see you lost direction like this. Eventhough we know that indeed you easy to lost direction..."

"Yah! Umji-ah, what your intention actually? to support or mocking Yuju Unnie..." SinB laugh while scold her roommate. The girls chuckle.

Umji pout, "To support of course. But Yuju Unnie easy to lost direction is fact, right?" Umji argue. Making the girls laughing even more.

"Yeah, I admit that fact. So that's why please help me..." Yuju pleading.

Sowon smile, "We always be here for you. Feel free to discuss it with us anytime you need. Follow your heart to decide. We will always ready to find you back everytime you lost. Don't worry, everything will be okay." She said soothingly. The girls also nod their head of agreement and to reassuring Yuju.

 

Suddenly there's knock on the door, Manager-Oppa open the door, he talk with someone outside the door.

"Uhmm... girls! Yuju! You have a guest here." Manager-Oppa call that make the girls stop their discussion and turn to look at him. Then Manager-Oppa open the door wider to let that 'guest' get inside the room. The girls gasp to see who's coming.

 

'The Guest' bow to greet politely, "Anyeonghaseyo. I come the get the answer of my confession." It's Kwon Soon Young a.k.a Hoshi who came by himself and locked his sight only on Yuju ever since he entered the room.

 

 

 

Yuju feel like about to get heart attack since she really not expect that Hoshi will come at that very moment, when she just got the permission from her CEO-Nim few minutes ago. There's chaos happen on her mind. So many things flashing through her mind.

Yuju just freezing on her spot, while Hoshi step closer boldly.

 

"I'm sure your CEO-Nim had informed you about the permits, right?" He ask.

But Yuju just freezing. So the girls nod their head on her behalf.

"Because there already legal permission from both our CEO-Nims and our members know as well, I'm sure you already discussed this matter with them, because I did it also with my members and they all having no problem. It's all fair on me now. I think you must already have your particular points for you to considerate, and there's no more obstacles except your own." Hoshi pause for a while. "So, can I get my answer now?"

 

Yuju still freezing. It seems her soul leaving her body that time.

Sowon carefully touch her shoulder and call, "Yuju-yah..."

Yuju gasp for breath. As if just came up after long dive.

"Are you okay? Calm down. You heard what Hoshi Sunbae-Nim talked to you just now, right?" Yerin ask. While SinB hands a bottle of water to Yuju that gratefully accept then gulp it in hurry that caused Yuju choked and cough for few times. Eunha patted her roommate's back in worry. Umji hands a tissue.

 

Hoshi sigh, "Can we talk just two of us?"

Yuju can't hide her surprise face at Hoshi's ask.

"Sorry girls, no offense. But I think Yuju too attached on you and I'm afraid she won't decide by her own and just let you decide for her. But I really want to know her better and to let her know me better as well, it also to fulfill her consideration last time." Hoshi pause for a while, "I agree with your consideration. It's okay if you want more time to think, while we processing to know each other. I'll wait. Give us a chance. But let me hear it from yourself."

 

Yuju finally settled down, she take a deep breath, "Really? Sunbae-Nim will wait more?"

Hoshi nod, "Yeah. But for now can you give me a chance to at least approach you?"

Yuju nod shyly and Hoshi can't hide her eye smile.

"Great!" Hoshi exclaim. Yuju smile while lowing her face sheepishly. While everybody else but both of them on that room cringe.

 

"Then for first step." Hoshi take a step closer to Yuju, then offer his hand, "Hi! I'm Kwon Soon Young. Can I have your phone number?" He ask manly.

Yuju timidly reach out her hand to handshake with Hoshi's. "I'm Choi Yuna. I'll let you know my phone number."

Then they exchange phone numbers.

"So then, I'll text and call you later, Yuna-yah?" Hoshi warn. Yuju just nod.

"Great!" Hoshi exclaim again.

 

Hoshi also personally introduce himself to the rest of GFriend members, managers and staffs as Kwon Soon Young. Among GFriend members, Sowon is the only one who older then he is, so Hoshi call Nu-Nim (누님 : an honorable term for nuna, a man's 'older sister') to Sowon that make everybody cringe and Sowon pout.

"Don't call me Nu-Nim! You make me seems like I'm the boss of bunch of women gangster. Just call me Nuna!" Sowon scold that make everybody laugh.

"But that's because I respect you. Not just because you are older than me but also because you are the group leader." Hoshi excuse.

 

Yerin the only one who the same age with him, and even more because Yerin's friendly character, they became good friend in no time, they can talk casually with each other. While for Maknaes, Hoshi ask them to stop call him Sunbae-Nim and just call him as Oppa, and that goes for for Yuju too. But when Yuju try to call him Oppa, she did it timidly in blushing face thay make everybody squeal cringe while Hoshi grining in satisfaction.

 

 

After Hoshi leave. The girls can't hold to let go their cringe for longer. They just go wild for a while, squealing.

"Ouwh... I almost can't hold myself to squeal when Hoshi exclaimed his first 'great!" Yerin babbling.

"Then when he introduce himself as his real name and asked Yuju Unnie's phone number. He was look so cool!" SinB said.

"Then again when Yuju said she would give her number." Eunha add excitedly.

"But I'm sure we all agree that the best part was when Hoshi Oppa called..." Umji's sentence interrupt (or to be exact is getting support) by other members with excited shout, "YUNA-YAH!! Awwww~.... that was totally soooooo sweeee~eet!!" Yerin, Eunha, SinB and Umji are jumping and cheering surround blushing-Yuju who cheerfully laugh with them, while Sowon just looking at them in her motherly smile, almost tear up, feel so happy for Yuju.