005

Society's Secret

Chanyeol looked up as he heard the front door open, he set his coffee down just as Ahra strode into the kitchen.

She was smiling as she set down the box of donuts before him.

“You’re up early.” She said with a smile before kissing his cheek and walking towards the fridge, he blinked and picked up his phone.

“You’re out of fruit.” She murmured before taking the stool beside him.

“What are you checking? The stocks?” She asked.

“Ani.”

“Then what?”

“The obituaries.” He replied, Ahra blinked at him. Chanyeol looked at her and grinned, his eyes flashed red briefly.

“You seems so happy, that I had to check if Jung Soojin’s name was on the list.”

She shook her head at him before taking a small sip from his coffee.

“How are you feeling? Did something good happen?” He asked softly as his thumb drew circles on her palm.

“Yemin..is a genius.”

Chanyeol chuckled.

“She spoke with your father?”

“Yeah, and I think she’s staying.” She beamed at him, sunny Han Ahra was a rare sight to see.

Chanyeol smiled before pressing his lips against hers.

“Good then, Sehun’s been getting too cranky lately.” His eyes flashed red for a brief moment, Ahra smiled, she touched the skin under his eyes briefly.

“Jisung..he doesn’t know but, last night..I asked him to come help me transfer some books from my room.”

Chanyeol nodded.

“He…destroyed the door knob. The dent was so deep that I had to have to it changed.”

“Are you worried? I think he’ll be okay. He can manage.”

“He doesn’t know yet, I haven’t had the chance to tell him.”

Chanyeol frowned.

“Sometimes I wish he was just born female. That way I wont have to do this.” She murmured before glancing at her phone.

“Hey, take it easy. He’ll be okay. Jisung will be okay.” Chanyeol cupped her cheek, Ahra just scrunched her nose at him.

“Let’s go out today.” He said to her.

“I want stone bibimbap.” She claimed before climbing on his lap and straddling him. Ahra leaned her chin on his shoulder.

“I’ll just finish my coffee then we can leave.” He said patiently before picking up his phone again.

 

 

Jisung was leaning against his car as he and Felix waited for their friend.

“You were blessed with two warrior sisters.” Felix mused.

“I actually felt bad for abeoji, it was like he was this small deer cornered by a pack of wolves.” Jisung mused, then they paused as a black Audi R8 stopped before them.

Hyunjin slid down from the car.

“I hate this.” Hyunjin complained as they walked toward the building.

“This is child abuse. School on a Saturday?” Felix groaned.

Jisung started to look around as the reached the hall, the seniors of Apgujeong High were required to come to the school to take some extracurricular activities.

“Who are you looking for? That girl again?”

Jisung was about to reply, then he paused.

“Han Jisung?”

His hand went to his right ear briefly, he looked down. Unknown to him, his eyes flashed red for a brief second.

“Ya, are you okay?” Hyunjin nudged him, then before they could react, Jisung started to run.

 

 

Yemin chewed on her lip as she pressed the phone closer to her ear.

“Yes, yes, some family problem just came up. I can’t come back anymore.” She recounted again, she leaned against the silver Bentley convertible behind her.

“Yes, I’m really sorry, sir.” She murmured again, she looked up as a dark shadow appeared before her.

“Yes, I’ll call you again. Yes.” She said before putting her phone down, the creature before her, huffed and tilted its head.

“I already did it. Happy?” She said with a small smile, its left ear twitched,

“Seriously, shifting in the middle of the day, people might get a when they see you.” She said as she faced the wolf before her, its red eyes were trained on her as she climbed over the car’s hood.

“Black fur means cold personality, huh?” She , she saw the wolf roll his eyes.

“But, why do you guys have be as big as horses? It would be easier if you actually looked like regular wolves, that way I can just put a leash on you and we can go on dates. If people ask, I’ll just tell them that you’re a giant German Shepherd or something.” She continued, the wolf huffed, then he stood up and ran away from her.

Yemin chuckled and just opened her can of juice.

“Really? A leash?” Sehun came walking back to her, clad in nothing but a pair of jeans.

“Work must be really stressing.”

“Not really, I needed to stretch my muscles.” He said before taking his shirt from the car and sliding it on to his torso.

“I..I..I am going to work at HanShin.” She said quietly, Sehun glanced at her.

“Yemin, you don’t have to do this. Jisung will be fine, I’ll watch~”

“I know. But…I did some thinking,” She started, Sehun leaned against the hood and faced her.

“I’ve been gone for a long time, I always relied on the thought that unnie’s here and that she can handle things on her own. But, I feel bad. I mean, she had to put up with not just my father, but now…there’s a new character. This..Jung Soojin, who’s so suspicious.”

“And, there’s you. I’m worried about you too.” She stated.

“Really? Me?” Sehun said with a smirk before pulling her closer to him.

“I leave you alone way too much, people might really think that you are an actual ice prince.”

Sehun snorted.

“Your secretary mentioned that the board of directors at your company tiptoe around you.”

“It’s work, we have to be serious.”

“But you have to smile too.” She said before looking around them, the two were still inside the Han property.

“Well, I’m glad you finally resigned from that job of yours, babe.” A deep chuckle came from his chest before hugging her.

“I’m home.” She mused before hugging him back.

 

 

Ahyeon winced as she stepped back from the two males.

“You’re pretty hard to catch.” He said as they cornered her, she felt her back hit the wall.

“What do you want?” She hissed at them.

“You know what you did, .” The bulkier male chuckled at her, Ahyeon swallowed.

It all started months ago, she spotted one of their friends following Miran secretly. It was then when Ahyeon found out that her schoolmate was taking photos of her friend while she was changing in the ladies’ locker room. Ahyeon was hit his knee with a baseball bat and had him reported. The student was kicked out of the school and now had a permanent limp. And it was just weeks earlier that Ahyeon learned that he himself had threatened Miran with those photos.

“You have to repay what you own us.” One of the males stepped towards her, their chests touching. Ahyeon started to sweat, then she felt his hand on her thigh, it started to go up her upper thigh.

“Get off me!” She started to scream, then his friend pressed her down the wall, restricting her from moving.

“I wonder how youll feel once we’re done with you. You might have a difficult time walking.” He chuckled.

“Get off me!” She felt fresh hot tears escape her eyes as the male before her pressed his face against her neck.

“I said~”

Ahyeon gasped, when the male yanked off her, her eyes followed him as he was tossed across the floor.

“She said let go.”

She saw the other male across them, he was clutching onto his left arm.

“Ji—Jisung-ah!” The male sat up and winched, there was small bruise forming on his arm, right where Jisung had grabbed him.

The Han boy started to move towards him, the other male started to back away in panic.

Ahyeon was startled when she heard something odd, some kind of feral sound. She looked at Jisung’s back again.

There was something odd and yet graceful in the way he stalked towards her assailant.

“Jisung-ah!” The male started to panic, Jisung leaned over and grabbed him by the collar, then he effortlessly picked him up until his feet left the ground.

Ahyeon’s eyes widened, she walked towards him.

“You should learn how to treat women properly.” He stated, he was about to tighten his grip around the male’s neck when a hand landed on his arm.

“Stop this. You did it. You stopped them.” Ahyeon was standing between them.

Jisung’s eyes focused on her, then Ahyeon paused.

His eyes.

It looked like they changed colors.

Red.

“Let him go, please. Or else, we’ll get in trouble.” She reasoned him, Jisung relaxed his grip, then he dropped the male. Ahyeon took a step back from him.

“Ji~”

“You really should learn how to fight back.” Jisung quipped, then he started to shake off his jacket.

“You don’t have to~”

He gestured towards the rip on her blouse’s sleeve, then he tossed the piece of clothing to her before walking away.

Ahyeon looked at the two males before her, her brows furrowed as she looked at their injuries.

Her eyes went to the male lying on the floor, still gasping for air, the bruise on his arm had grown, then he started to cry.

 

 

“Han Jisung.” Ahyeon whispered before walking away from them.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++