022

Society's Secret

 

Ahra was staring at Jaehee as she sat down on the couch she had just vacated. She crossed her arms before walking towards the windows.

“Did something happen?” Chanyeol asked her as he took the seat across hers.

“Everland. Everland was about to happen.” Ahra muttered under her breath.

“M—My parents..they kicked me out.” Jaehee sobbed.

Ahra glanced over her shoulder. Chanyeol frowned as he looked at his friend.

“But why? You’ve been away for quite some time.” He spoke softly, Jaehee’s tears just started to fall.

Ahra exhaled and just looked at the view before her, then her phone started to ring. She took out the device from her pocket and looked at the screen.

“Ahyeon?” She blinked before answering.

“Ahyeon-ah?” She answered, then she froze when heard it.

The low rumbling in the background.

“U-nnie, I~”

“I’ll be there.” Ahra cut her off and tossed her phone in her bag, she glanced at Jaehee and Chanyeol again.

“I have to go.” She said.

“Ahra, we’re just~” Chanyeol bit his lip when the girl just dashed towards the door and left his office without turning back.

Jaehee looked up from her seat and just hid her smile before her friend sat beside her.

“I’m sorry this had to happen.” Chanyeol said with a frown.

“I know..it’s kinda hard getting my life back here.” Jaehee nodded before taking his hand in hers.

 

 

“Charities?” Sehun asked as he shifted gears, Yemin nodded.

“I found out that she’s been handling them ever since, so, I want to check everything,”

“You think she’s..doing something there?” He asked.

“I’d rather check on it, than not. It just doesn’t seem right, all the charities and foundations benefitting from HanShin have all been assigned to her.”

Sehun just glanced at her before placing his right palm on her thigh.

“I mean, she was just director back then, why was it all assigned to one person?” Yemin muttered.

“You look flushed. She really got to you earlier, huh?” Sehun asked, Yemin shook her head.

“I just…I don’t understand her.” She muttered.

“That woman has somehow invaded my family, taken over our home and now, she’s all over the company, trying to boss me around and belittling me in the office.”

Sehun’s brows rose briefly, he remembered the call he made yesterday.

“And now..she wants to get rid of me.”

“Hey,” Sehun squeezed her thigh, she looked at him.

“She wont be able to hurt you. Never. That will not happen again.” Sehun said calmly, Yemin just shook her head.

“I want her gone, Sehun. I want her away from my family. Especially my dad, I feel like..she’s bewitched him or something.”

“At least I have you. Thanks for keeping me sane.” Yemin mused, before taking his hand in hers.

He just smiled at her. Yemin’s phone started to ring, she grabbed it from her bag and halted.

“Unnie? I just left the~ No, I’m with Sehun.”

Then Yemin turned silent, without a word Sehun just did a quick right and switched lanes. He had heard what Ahra just said.

“Jisung.” Yemin said as she put her phone down.

“Can you..track his scent? Ahyeon’s?” Yemin said, Sehun nodded and just rolled down his window.

Sehun’s eyes widened.

“He’s shifted. And it doesn’t look so good.”

 

 

Jung Soojin was smiling as she looked at the white wedding dress before her, she crossed her arms and let out a sigh of content.

“So?” She spoke, her secretary bowed before speaking.

“I contacted the Ohs, they said that whatever their son did to offend you they apologize for it,”

She nodded.

“But, they do not want to set a meeting.”

Soojin blinked and looked at him.

“Well, the president Oh’s secretary quoted him, their son would never act irrationally. He also advised that you not go against Yemin.”

Jung Soojin snorted.

“Samonim, please stop trying to get into her nerves. Yemin agasshi is worse than her older sister. You might really~”

“Just keep an eye on her. I’m sure that girl has a weakness.” She snapped, the male bit his lip.

“I got rid of that Han Ahra, and it wont take me long to do the same to her sister.” Soojin chuckled before exiting the room.

“Not if she gets rid of you first.” The male murmured before following her.

 

 

Ahyeon panicked as the four creatures before them started growling, they had surrounded them and she didn’t feel safe standing behind the creature who had tore the back part of her uniform.

Ahyeon started to stare at the creatures before her, she looked at her palms, there were strands of hair or fur on them.

“W—Wolves.” She stuttered before she could react, the white wolf sauntered over to them, the gray wolf moved, exposing Ahyeon.

Ahyeon balked when she realized how big they were; they were almost as large as an adult horse. But horses didn’t have sharp jagged teeth and red eyes.

She swallowed, the white wolf met her gaze evenly, its glowing red eyes studying her. Then growls started to grow louder around them, the white wolf turned its head away from her.

The other wolf, the one with muddy brown fur faced her, it seemed like it was grinning. He leaned over to press his head against her small palm before leaping away.

Two of dark colored wolves across them started to run towards her.

Ahyeon screamed.

Before one of the wolves could reach her, a large white paw swatted its head away.

The white wolf was growling menacingly as he toppled over the other wolf, his paw was pressed against its throat now.

The other three started to back away, Ahyeon started to shake. The gray wolf was standing behind her, while the brown one was beside the white wolf, watching and observing.

“Ahyeon-ah!”

She looked up, she saw Ahra jogging towards them, Kris was behind her, his eyes wide.

“Oh my god.” Ahra halted.

“It’s done.” She heard Kris speak just as a red Ferrari halted beside them. Ahyeon saw Sehun slide down from his car, to her surprise he started to run towards the white wolf who was still growling at the other creature underneath him, it’s jaw pressing in closely on its neck.

“Sehun-ah, stop him. He might kill that kid.” Ahra stated, Ahyeon started to stand.

She saw Yemin walk towards her sister, Sehun was already standing before the white wolf, his hands raised forward.

“Jisung-ah, get off him.” He spoke, Ahyeon bit her lip, the wolf’s head turned to him, it hissed at the older male.

“Jisung, I need you to calm down.” Sehun said calmly, the wolf stepped down and kicked the injured one away, it yelped and started to limp away from him.

Sehun turned as he noticed the other three stepping towards him.

“You don’t want to do this.” He spoke, his back facing them, but there was something in his tone that surprised Ahyeon.

“Hey, come on.”

Ahyeon looked up, Kris had draped his coat around her and was starting to pull her away, the white wolf growled at him.

“Jisung, you might hurt her.” Kris warned, his eyes flashed red for a brief moment. Ahyeon’s brows went up.

“Come here.” Ahra was the first one who pulled her away, Ahyeon could still feel the white wolf’s gaze on the back of her head as she was lead to Kris’s car.

“That’s him? Jisung? The white one?” She could hear Yemin asking excitedly. Ahyeon saw the white wolf pad towards Sehun. The gray and brown one followed him from behind.

 

 

“Yes! Now I can order those organic pet dyes!”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++