024

Society's Secret

 

“But I don’t want to adjust to you, you’re not the lady of this house yet. It’s still my daughter, Ahra. The one you so conveniently kicked out.”

Ahyeon swallowed, not knowing what to do.

“Are you back here to try and reclaim your place again? My fiancé said things didn’t end so well between you two.” Jung Soojin crossed her legs.

“No, why would I want to come back to this hell hole?” The lady chuckled, her tone flat.

“Or, you’re back to sabotage our wedding? Are you still bitter over the fact that he left you for me?”

The previous Mrs. Han started to laugh.

“In case you haven’t noticed, I was the one who left him. If I hadn’t, you wouldn’t be able to just waltz in this house and open your legs.”

Jung Soojin stood up, but she stopped when the doors opened, Ahra and Yemin were standing by the doorway.

“Eomma,” Ahra said, Yemin looked at Ahyeon.

Jung Soojin swallowed and sat back on her seat. Sehun squeezed Yemin’s hand before stepping away.

“I was wanting to check on you girls, luckily, I also met your new friend here, Ahyeon and also the new circus monkey, Soojin.” She smiled at her daughters, Ahra smiled before hugging her mother.

Yemin glanced at Jung Soojin who was glaring at her mother.

“Wow, it’s like you two changed wardrobes,” She commented, Ahra was dressed in jeans and a crop top, while Yemin was clad in a tailored pantsuit.

“I still can’t believe it, dear. How could you let a monkey get you kicked out of your own house?”

Ahyeon stood up.

“I’ll..be up in my room.” She murmured before running off, Yemin grew amused before sitting beside her mother.

“Are you going to continue being like this? You’re not lady of this house anymore.” Jung Soojin pointed out.

“You think I’m afraid of you or your children? Your ex-husband will choose me over any of them, it wont take long until~”

“Until what?” Another voice joined in, Ahra looked at the doors, Jisung was leaning against the doorway, his brows scrunched together and his eyes were cold and empty.

“Jisung~”

 Jisung suddenly stilled, he started to run for the stairs.

 

 

Sehun scratched the back of his neck as he looked on, Kris just shook his head as they watched the girl.

Both wolves were standing just outside the door of her room as Ahyeon tossed her clothes into her bag.

“You don’t really have to leave..” Kris trailed off.

Before Ahyeon could turn to face him, Sehun and Kris started to move away from the door.

“O~”

Jisung appeared by the doorway, he looked tensed and worried.

“Ahyeon-ah, did my mom say something~”

“No, no, your mom is..amazing.” Ahyeon said before zipping her bag close, Jisung’s brows rose as he looked at her luggage.

“I just…I need to go home, my parents will be back in two weeks and I think I’ve overstayed already.”

“Ahyeon, it’s not~” Jisung walked towards her, but he saw how the girl flinched.

Jisung halted.

“It’s just…so much has happened, Jisung. I think I need to go.”

Jisung bit his lip, Ahyeon exhaled before picking up her backpack.

“Is this..because..” He stammered, Ahyeon frowned.

“I..I don’t think..I just..It’s not because you’re different, Jisung. It’s just that..danger seems to really like you, and I don’t think I can keep up with that.”

Jisung looked away.

“I’m still your friend, Jisung-ah. I just think..” She looked at her hands.

“I don’t want to add to your plate of problems right now.” She finished.

“Ahyeon, you’re not a problem. I like having you around.” Jisung replied, she just shook her head at him.

“I—I’ll see you at school next Monday.” She said before sidestepping him and leaving the room.

 

 

“I suggest you leave this room,” Ahra said as she crossed her legs, Yemin looked atJung Soojin and smirked.

“I~”

“You’re cornered, leave while you can.” Yemin stated while checking her nails.

“Your father will hear~”

“I don’t care what he will hear. Just get out.” Ahra snapped at her, her mother paused and watched as Jung Soojin left the room.

“Ahra,” She spoke softly.

“If you’re going to ask me to come home, nope.” She answered before leaning back on the couch.

“Still, leaving the company? That’s too much.”

“Eomma, I left the company with Yemin. Now that’s too much.” Ahra chuckled, Yemin sent her a look.

“Unnie, being alone isn’t easy. You’re supposed to be there too.” Yemin pointed out.

“Your father may not say it, but he needs you there too. You know HanShin so well.” Their mother coaxed, Yemin just bit her lip and looked at her.

Ahra exhaled.

“I’ll think about it. But right now, I just want to rest.”

“Eomma, can I dye Jisung’s fur?” Yemin blurted, Ahra sent her a look, their mother just chuckled.

“I have to go check on Chanyeol. We had a situation earlier. Take care, eomma.” Ahra kissed her cheek before leaving the room.

 

 

Ahra puffed her cheeks as she pulled over in front of the two-story villa. She slid down from her car and made her way towards the front gate, she typed in the four-digit code and stepped in the property.

She was carrying a bag of chips and a large pizza with her as she stepped in through the house’s foyer.

“He completely lost it earlier. What was he thinking?” She muttered as she headed for the living room.

Then she paused, Jaehee was also in the room.

She was seated beside a topless Chanyeol as she tended to the gash across his chest.

“O—h, Ahra.” Jaehee looked up, Chanyeol turned his gaze to her. Ahra nodded.

“Yeah, Ahra.” She stated before dropping the pizza and the chips on the floor before walking out of the house. She could hear Chanyeol calling out to her as she rushed out of the house.

“Ahra!” He called as he stepped out of the house, Ahra exhaled and spun around to face him.

“Wow, I’m not even going to ask why you got injured. Because, I didn’t even know you were injured.”

“It was an accident, I started to shift back~”

“I don’t care.” She replied, Chanyeol looked away.

“Not even one text just to tell me that you’re fine, or you’re not fine.” She stated.

“I was just about to, but Jaehee arrived and she~”

“Yeah, I noticed that. I saw her inside.” She shrugged, Chanyeol tried to reach for her hand.

“Ahra, she’s just a friend. She came by just to check~”

 

“Like I said, I don’t care.” She said before pulling away from him and walking back to her car.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++