018

Society's Secret

 

 

Yemin was pacing back and forth across her office, her secretary stood by the doors, not knowing what to do.

“Oppa’s office sent this?” She questioned as she pointed towards the envelope on her desk.

“Yes, director Han asked for them before she left. It’s Jung Soojin’s call logs over the past eight months. She’s been frequently contacting three particular numbers, I already have people checking on the locations.”

Yemin nodded.

“The meeting?”

“You have about twenty minutes, ma’am.”

“Why would appa do this? This isn’t going to sit well with the board. Ahra unnie might really burn this place down.”

Her phone pinged, she picked up the device.

This is your battle now. You decide what to do, I’ll back you up. –Ahra unnie

Yemin tossed it back on her desk.

“I’ll head to the conference room then. Can you try reaching Sehun for me again?”

“Yes, I will.” He nodded and watched as the lady left the office.

 

 

Sehun looked at the screen, his forehead creased.

HanShin’s new COO, Jung Soojin to conduct press conference today!

He stood up from his seat and walked towards the glass windows, both of his hands were buried in his pockets.

“Sir,”

He glanced over his shoulder.

“Did you see the news?” His secretary asked politely.

“I just did, why?” Sehun faced him.

“Yemin agasshi- I mean, director Han..there was..”

Sehun started to worry.

“Why? What happened?” He demanded.

“Something happened at the company. She..It’s been an hour since she’s been stuck inside one the elevators.”

Sehun’s eyes widened, without a word he picked up his coat and left his office.

 

 

Yemin got inside the machine and pressed for the twenty-first floor. She crossed her arms and leaned sideways on the metal wall.

She could already feel a migraine coming. Her father had somehow managed to annoy her the first thing in the morning on a Friday.

Ahra had just left the house and now Jung Soojin was COO. She kicked on the wall and exhaled.

“Did she really think I can do~” Yemin staggered back when the elevator suddenly halted, she almost lost her balance.

She looked up, then the lights went out.

“Great. Thanks. Could this day get any~” The back of her head hit the metal wall as the elevator tilted slightly.

Yemin groaned as she landed on her back, she tried to sit up.

“Director?” A voice crackled from the elevator’s speaker.

“Are you okay? Something went wrong with the elevator’s controls. We have people trying to figure it out now.”

“Y—yeah, do it fast.” Yemin coughed slightly, she managed to pull herself up. Then she started to hear loud creaking sounds.

She bit her lip.

“They suggested that you stay put, director. Something is wrong with~”

Another loud creak, then the elevator tilted again. Yemin yelped, she slid towards the wall.

“Hello? Are you still there?” She called, but there was no reply.

Yemin realized that one of the elevator’s cables had probably snapped.

 

 

Jisung ran towards the group of employees, they were all crowding right in front of the elevator.

“Y—young master,” Some recognized him.

“Noona? How is she?” He asked quickly.

“W—We don’t know yet, no one can figure out what happened to the elevator.”

Jisung looked at the metal doors again.

“What happened?”

“A cable snapped. So, we’re having a hard time to try~”

“What?!” Jisung snapped.

“Young master~”

“My sister could die in there. What happened to this building’s maintenance?” He demanded.

“S—Sir, we didn’t expect that this would happen.”

“How are you going to fix this?” He asked.

“Since it is stuck between floors, our maintenance team is still trying to figure out a way to pull her out and let the machine drop instead.”

Jisung closed his eyes briefly.

“Clear the area.” A deep voice made him look up. Chanyeol was walking towards them.

“Now.” He barked, the employees started to rush back to their offices.

“Hyung, noona, she..she..” Jisung started to choke, but Chanyeol just yanked him out of the way just as a black shadow moved past him.

 

 

Yemin was clutching onto her arm in the dark, she was starting to panic. And then another loud snap made her halt.

And then she felt it again, the elevator seemed like it was sliding down. Tears started to roll down her cheeks.

“N—no, no,” She shook her head.

“Oh Sehun!” She started to yell, then the doors started to open, rays of light started to hit her face.

“I need you to stand.” A familiar voice ordered, Yemin started to lift herself.

“Do it slowly.” He added, Yemin could see the hand before her.

“Yemin, I need you to take my hand.” Sehun said softly, Yemin stretched her left hand to him. She looked up and red eyes were staring back at her.

Then she could feel herself being lifted out from the metal box.

“Is she okay?” She could hear Chanyeol’s voice.

“Noona?”

She could feel Sehun’s warmth against her body, then he set her down. She wobbled a bit as her eyes started to adjust to the light.

“Your arm,” Sehun murmured, he had one arm planted around her.

“Noona, are you okay?” Jisung was looking at her with worry etched on his face.

“Y—yeah, I…I just feel dizzy.” She murmured, then she felt Sehun shaking beside her.

“Oh my, Yemin are you okay?” Soojin was walking towards them, with a few of the directors behind her.

“Does she look like it?” Jisung muttered under his breath.

“She’s behind this.” Yemin heard Sehun whisper.

Chanyeol tilted his head, Jisung paused, clearly the two were listening.

“Sehun, don’t.” Yemin warned.

“I took the stairs; I heard her talking to someone over the phone. She kept on saying elevators and cables.” His whispering was steady, but Yemin could almost see the wolf coming out, then she looked at her brother and Chanyeol.

She could almost see the wolves coming out.

Jisung had his eyes zeroed out on Soojin as she neared them.

“I heard all about it, the elevator malfunctioned. What happened? Do you need to~”

“We’ll take it from here. She’s fine.” Sehun quipped.

Soojin just looked at Yemin, the Han girl was starting to worry, her brother’s fingers were shaking terribly and she could almost hear the rumblings coming from Sehun’s chest.

“Move the meeting.” Yemin cleared .

“Y—yes?” Soojin blinked at her.

“Tomorrow. Announce your new position tomorrow.”

“But Yemin-ah, the press is already waiting. Plus, I suggest that we do this~”

“Why don’t you shut up?” She snapped.

The directors behind Soojin all halted.

“You already got what you want, you’re COO now. You finally kicked my sister out, so be contented.” Yemin argued, the pain in her arm was starting to bother her.

“Y—Yemin-ah, don’t be like this. This is business and you shouldn’t~”

“Business can wait, one of HanShin’s executives almost died today.” Sehun’s said in a steely tone. Jung Soojin’s eyes narrowed at him.

“We can still go on without her, come on, the world does not revolve around every HanShin heir. Time is ticking.” Soojin explained.

Then Yemin suddenly found herself leaning against Chanyeol, she looked up, Sehun was standing before Jung Soojin, his height towering over her, also blocking her view of Jisung who was trembling.

“How about I make your time tick?” He questioned, his voice had gone an octave lower, Jung Soojin backed away.

“Vice president Oh, please don’t misunderstand~”

“I don’t understand, your fiancé’s daughter almost died, and all you’re worried about is the announcement of your COO position.” Sehun stated, he looked up the directors started to back away.

Sehun smirked before turning to Yemin again.

 

“The helicopter’s already here, it will take you to the hospital.” He stated before leaving.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++