Love Gear

Under Her Spell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina heaved her way on her own room. She wasn't so sure why she even bolted out of the diner when she was clearly enjoying her time with Chaeyoung. She pressed the button of the elevator, entered the empty space, and then pressed the button for eighth floor. Son Chaeyoung, she breathed a heavy sigh. Mina indulged herself with reminiscing what just happened as she waited inside the elevator.

 

"Chaeyoung," the tiger said on a low voice as she intently looked up to Mina. Thump

 

Chaeyoung flashed her once again cub smile to the penguin, “You never called me by name since the time you said it was nice meeting me," the cub finished. Thump Thump

 

Ding

 

Her elevator opened and she walked out with her thoughts back on a certain cub, again. Ah, Son Chaeyoung. She kept on walking until she reached her apartment door. Mina turned the knob and entered her place. Sana and Momo who were still present in the living room watched Mina carefully. Mina flopped on the couch beside Momo and reached for the leftover pizza on the coffee table. Momo and Sana looked at one another before they glanced to the penguin who was currently stuffing some pizza on . "Not going to talk, are you?" Sana said as she watched the youngest one ate her slice. "Mhm," Mina pouted as she chewed her pizza.

 

The girls quietly spent their time until the afternoon. They ended up ordering again for lunch which Mina paid and which Momo decided to be jokbal. The roommates sensed the sudden change in Mina's mood, so they decided to stay 'til late afternoon. Momo, Sana, and Mina let themselves eat as much jokbal as they wanted. Later of the day while they were on their third movie, Sana said, "Momo-ya, don't you think we spent too much time with Mina?" Momo answered without taking off her attention from the movie, “So what?"

 

"Ah, Momo-ya, we were supposed to do groceries today!" the hamster squealed on the raccoon's direction. Momo who now seemed to be finally catching up with Sana stopped whatever she was doing, "Ah, really?"

 

Sana raised her voice and grabbed the older girl, “Mina, we have to go or we'll starve for today plus if we come a minute late to the dorm's 7 pm curfew we'll be dead meat. Sorry," Sana lowered her voice when she talked to Mina. "Come on, Momo-ya," the hamster pulled the raccoon by the right arm. Momo tried to fight back Sana's force to wave the penguin goodbye. Mina watched her friends leave as she waved back to them.

 

"Now, I'll have to deal again with my cub problem," Mina sighed as she decided to clean up her living room. She thought about the cub as she picked those discarded food cardboards and pizza boxes, and then she placed them in her trash bin. The action made her wish that she can also easily toss her feeling in the bin. Mina then contemplated how she acted poorly during her breakfast. Especially when Chaeyoung offered her a seat and was willing to spend some time with her. Mina sighed in defeat and proceeded with washing the used mugs and other utensils.

 

Once she was done with cleaning, she glanced at one of her wall clocks — 7:25 PM. She decided to text Sana and Momo.

 

To: Sana and Momo
I hope you two made it.

 

Mina walked to her bed and placed her phone on her night stand. She grabbed her bathrobe and headed to her bathroom. Mina had decided to skip dinner and just take a bath then go straight to sleep.

 

-------

 

The penguin submerged herself in her tub when she finished cleansing her whole body. The bathroom was already heavily fogged because of the mixture of warm and hot water. Mina rested the back of her head on far edge of the tub and pretended that the ceiling was worthy of her attention right now. She knew that with this kind of atmosphere, she will end up with thinking again about a certain cub. Just as she expected, her mind started to drift along her cub thoughts like an abandoned boat in the sea.

 

Should I indulge myself with the idea or not?

 

Mina knew it was the wrong question, so she pulled her sprawled out limbs and hugged her knees to feel some self-reassurance. It was the same position she had when she talked with Sana and Momo. She rested her head on her knees and continued on with her further contemplation about her feelings and current situation.

 

From their little breakfast, she had tested the water and she had encountered the danger named Son Chaeyoung. She risked herself and cluelessly entered the tiger's den which ended her careless self to be trapped and intoxicated with Chaeyoung's actions.

 

Dangerous because at any instant she can fall deeper.

 

Trapping on how she will contently oblige her captor's biddings.

 

Finally, intoxicating because it was enough for Mina to fear the idea of not having the majestic tiger inside the den to herself.

 

There it goes again, the drowning feeling she had felt before she left the cub. Mina closed her eyes as she let the right question to repeatedly ring inside her head.

 

Should I pursue her?

 

-------

 

", , ," Chaeyoung rapped as she tried to fix the accident smudge on her canvas. Just like the past months, the cub is not feeling so well with her art. She still feels down and unmotivated with herself. She still lacks that unobtainable inspiration.

 

"Language, Chaeng," Jeongyeon lectured from Chaeyoung's study place while she faced her laptop. "You do not start our Sunday morning with series of s," the silver haired girl added as she tapped simultaneously on her keyboard. Chaeyoung sighed and continued on wiping the smudge, “Sorry," the cub apologized. Jeongyeon sighed in return, "Yeah, okay."

 

As much as Chaeyoung wanted to heed her unnie's advice regarding her feelings towards art, she just can't. The damn project is due tomorrow, Monday, at noon. Jeongyeon sensed the younger one's annoyance like she was a natural telepath, “So, what's your excuse of a concept for this project?" the tall girl inclined herself away from the computer to properly look at the cub. "No concept, Jeong. I'm just painting a meaningless forest scene. I'll just sweet talk my professor for tomorrow, so he'll pass me," the cub explained.

 

Sundays were pretty much responsibility days for the No Jam Bros. This is the day when they mostly sit and type or paint whatever projects or essays they needed to comply to. Jeongyeon needed to finish her five pages essay that will be passed on Tuesday while Chaeyoung needed to finish her large canvas. It was the same canvas she struggled to hold when she first met Myoui Mina.

 

Myoui Mina, now that she thinks about, did she somehow offend the girl yesterday morning? The girl did say that she forgot about something which left the cub baffled with the abrupt turn of yesterday's events, but still, the cub wasn't convinced. Chaeyoung thoroughly and carefully traced their whole interactions and her own actions. The cub failed to tell what offended the girl, but she still can't shake the feeling that she's somehow involved with Mina's reason for leaving. The whole thinking frustrated the cub, so she let out an unconscious groan which Jeongyeon easily noticed. "Is something wrong, baby cub?" Jeongyeon concerned. "What's Mina's room before campus break, Jeong?" Chaeyoung asked her No Jam Bro.

 

-------

 

Mina grudgingly walked towards her 8 am class. She had been thinking of a certain cub since Saturday night, and right now a class was not something that she needed. She dressed just like how she had been feeling these past

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter