Jacket

Best Friend or Lover?

 

Chapter 7 - “Jacket”

 

Warmth that radiates from the jacket.


 

Ji Cha Yoon POV

 

“Please, have a seat.”

 

I take a seat in front of him. Ahh, I’m so nervous to even talk or ask about himself.

 

I try to think about a question I’m gonna ask to him but seems like I couldn’t find any of it.

 

“How old are you?”

Without consious, my mouth start to open up itself to ask such a question. A second later, I'm regretting it.

 

You are so dumb, Cha Yoon.

 

“Hmm. I let you guess first.”

 

Huh?

 

I raise my eyebrow at Kang Daniel while he smile at me.

 

“What is this?” I laugh and surprised when he answer my question.

 

“Why you laugh? I just want you to make a guess.” He smile warmly at me.

 

I calm myself down and I look at his face.

 

“Hmm.. 23?”

 

He shake his head.

 

I try harder to guess his age. Why I feel this is so hard to guess his age?

 

“24?”

 

Again, he shake his head.

 

“25?”

 

“Bingo.”

 

I surprised when he said that my answer was right.

 

“I am the same age as you!”

 

He laugh abit at me.

 

“Ahaha. So I can talk to you comfortably, Cha Yoon.”

 

“Hehe, that’s right. Now here are the next question.”

 

Before I could say my question to him, the waitress already bring us our drink.

 

“Here is your drink, I hope you enjoy.” The waitress smile at both of us.

 

I smile at her and so is he.

 

“So, what do you do?”

 

I sip my tea while asking him about his job.

 

“I’m working at JSW Company as a supervisor.”

 

“Woah, JSW Company is pretty big. I’ve heard the CEO in that company is so clever. And the stocks in that company reach its highest this year.”

 

“Yeah. The CEO is so intelligent. He is so tough outside but soft inside.” He smiles at me.

 

The way he smile is so cute, it’s so warm and pleasant to see.

 

I think I can see his smile all day.

 

“How about you, Cha Yoon?” He asks me while drinking his coffee.

 

“Right now, I’m working at OSH Company as an accounting. Well, my company is your rival.” I smile abit.

 

“That’s true. But we shouldn’t be rival, okay?”

 

“Yes, that’s right.” I laugh abit.

 

I must say, he is so friendly and heartwarming.

 

I think I’ve already found my ideal type.


 

Yoon Ji Sung POV

 

I see her smile and laugh while talking to him.

 

I bet she is really happy right now while talking to him. Well, I must say that her blind date is really handsome, friendly, and heartwarming. I bet she will think she is already found her ideal type.

 

I know her so well and she already told me about her ideal type like million times.

 

I look at them so long until I didn’t realize that the waitress already bring my order to my table.

 

“Here is your order.”

 

“Oh… Thanks.”

 

I startled at the waitress, and she smile at me while look at my surprised face. Then, she look to the direction where Cha Yoon and her blind date table are.

 

“They are suit each other. I hope their date is a success.” She smiles at me.

 

Then she left me.

 

I look again at them and see Cha Yoon is laughing and smiling.

 

Seriously, I’m really happy if Cha Yoon is succeed with her blind date this time, which means she finally have her own partner to the reunion and she might continue her relationship with him. She really deserves that and I know it so well.

 

But…

 

My other side feels like I’m not really happy with the fact of that.

 

What’s happening with me?

 

I try to shake off my thoughts about that.

 

You must happy for her, Ji Sung. She is your best friend.

 

I try to comfort myself while still looking at them talking and laughing, then I look at my watch. I’ve sitting there for almost one and half hour.

 

Wow, they are sure talk alot.

 

Suddenly, I see Cha Yoon stand up first, while her blind date also stand up with her. I see them talk for awhile and then Cha Yoon walking towards the exit of the cafe.

 

Are they done? Why her blind date don’t offer to bring her home?

 

With the fact that Cha Yoon is already left, I try to leave as well when something on her table caught my attention.

 

Her jacket!

 

Looks like her blind date also realize that her jacket is left behind.

 

Should I just let him bring over her jacket to Cha Yoon? It’ll be better.

 

I look at outside the cafe and I can tell that it’s so cold, and the thought that Cha Yoon just wearing a dress scared me up.

 

What should I do? I can’t stay silent for this.

 

I have to go and find her.


 

Ji Cha Yoon POV

 

I can’t believe I’ve already talked with him for such a long time.

 

He is so charming and sometimes he even make a jokes, which of course I laugh into it. Usually I will force a laugh but this time, I laugh even harder because of him. I’m pretty sure he is also an intelligent when I saw him gave a little advice to one of the waitress in here. Yes, we have a little accident when the waitress dropped a glass of water and it splash my jacket so I have to dry it off by putting it on a chair next to me. Then, Daniel talked with the waitress for awhile and gave a little advice for her.

 

“I’ve worked as a waiter before and I’ve been through that so I can gave a little advice for her.” said him after the waitress left.

 

“Ah, really?” I sip my tea again and realize that my cup is already empty. I awkwardly put my cup back to the table before he sees me.

 

“Yes, for a year before I came to my company right now.”

 

My mouth makes a “ohh” sound to him and I look at my watch. Woah, times goes so fast like lighting as I talk with him. Well, I think I have to end the blind date here because I want to approach him little by little. Moreover, we talked for like an hour and half and he said that he have some business too after the blind date so I’m planning to get going right now.

 

“Wow, looks like we really have a fun talk today.” I stand up while smile at him.

 

“Yeah, we are. So, when will our next date?”

 

I look at him with a surprised look.

 

“Wah, you are so straight-forward.”

 

“I am. Because I have an interest in you.”

 

I paused for awhile and look at him. He caught my attention so much at the first time so I’ll loved to know him more.

 

“I will make a time, call me when you are free. You have my number, right?”

 

He waves his phone at me.

 

“Noted, miss.”

 

“Goodbye, Daniel.”

 

“Text me when you get home safely.”

 

“Okay, then.”

 

I walk toward the exit and open the door. Cold air immediately strikes me as I open the cafe door.

 

Why is it more colder?

 

I run a little to reach the halte bus hoping I will get some warmth by the time I get on the bus.


 


 

When I reach the halte bus, the bus haven’t arrived yet so I have to wait while shivering.

 

I was about to get a seat when someone hold my hand and make me turn around.

 

I’m surprised by the sudden move and I was about to get angry to someone that hold my hand so sudden before I see his face.

 

“You fool.”

 

He looks so angry at me right now.

 

“Ku… Kuku?”

 

Why is Ji Sung here right now?

 

“Why… Why are you here?” I’m shocked to see him here with me right now. How did he get here?

 

“That’s not important by now. How could you forget your jacket?”

 

His words even more shocking and it makes me realize something. I forgot to bring my jacket!!

 

“Oh my… What should I do?” I talk to myself. No wonder I feel today is more colder and I’m shivering right now.

 

“You really are fool. How could you forget that important thing? Do you startled by your blind date that makes you forget your jacket?”

 

I’m surprised and look at him. Did he stalk me?

 

“Ya! Did you stalk me?”

 

“Yes, I did. Why?”

 

“Wah, I can’t believe this.”

 

I turn around from him and don’t want to look him again. I’m still shivering but I don’t care.

 

Why did he stalk me around? I already make a choice and it’s my own risk.

 

“Cha Yoon, I’m really sorry. I knew what I did was wrong.”

I pretend to not hear him. I’m still upset at him the fact that he stalk me when I go on blind date.

 

“Cha Yoon… Will you forgive me?”

 

I ignore him and don’t want to look at him while he’s still standing behind me.

 

“Cha Yoon…”

 

“Do you really have to stalk me around? I’m mad at you right now. Don’t tell me that you’ve done this before or I’ll-”

 

Suddenly I feel something warmth around me.

 

My hand touch the thing that around my shoulder, and I realized it is a jacket that cover up me.

 

And then, the next time I know, Ji Sung passed by in my eyes and he is fixing the jacket that wrap around me.

 

“You’ll have a cold so stay warm.”

 

I see Ji Sung didn’t wearing his jacket. He must take off his jacket and make me wearing it.

 

My body that shivering before now is getting warmer and warmer.

 

I look at his eyes and his eyes lock on mine.



 

My heart is beating fast right now when I look at his eyes as if I can stare at his soul. And then, I feel my cheek is burning right now.

 

What happened to me?

 

Is it because of the jacket?

 

He put both of his hands to my shoulder and says,

 

“You’ll forgive me, right? It just… because I’m worried for you.”

 

My heart is beating more faster than before.


 

“You will, right?” His eyes still look at me. It as if his eyes is telling me that he’s so sincere and really worried about me.

 

...

 

I’m nodding at him shyly.

 

I know I can’t stay mad at him for a long time.

 

He smile at me warmly and says,

 

“Now, let’s go home. You’ll have a cold later.”

 

I see a car is approaching towards us and Ji Sung waves his right hand while his left hand is embracing me.

 

His hand feels so cold so I holding his left hand that’s around my shoulder while my other hand is keeping him closer to me since I know that he’s shivering right now.

 

My heart is beating faster and I feel my cheeks is burning again…



 

------

Yeah finally this chapter is up! ^^

 

Hmm… I’m not saying much since this chapter is getting more lovely (and complicated…)

 

Btw, in the next 2 weeks I’ll on hiatus so I can’t update much, probably I will update it again at the mid of December so I hope you guys can wait T^T

And if you like it you can leave commets below (don’t worry I won’t bite xixi…)

 

See you on the next chapter


-kyungricepeach