An Invitation

Best Friend or Lover?

 

Chapter 3 - “An Invitation”

 

When between friendship’s bond there’s a tiny seed of love.


 

Ji Cha Yoon POV

 

“Finally I can meet you guys in here. Looks like both of you are still together until now.”

 

“Well, we are neighbors. So what do you want to say?”

 

So, me and Ji Sung are at cafe right now and in front of us is Lee Dae Hwi, one of our classmates back then when we were still in middle high school. Well, the reason we sit down and have a frappuccino in this cafe because this person want to have a chit-chat, at least Dae Hwi said that so.

 

“Well I want to give you both this.”

 

Dae Hwi put his hand into his bag and let out two envelope. I reach out that envelope with my right hand and then give Ji Sung one of them.

 

The envelope’s design is so elegant, with the colour of gold brown and there’s flower patterns if look closer.

 

“You can open it if you want.”

 

I open the envelope and see there’s a card inside it. I let out the card and open it.

 

“Energetic Middle High School Reunion?”

 

I look at Dae Hwi with my eyebrow raised.

 

“Okay, so I want both of you to join the reunion. Well I’m one of coordinator of this reunion so my job is to find our alumni to attend this reunion.”

 

Ahhh… So that’s why Dae Hwi come to us like this moment.

 

“You can read it carefully for the details at the envelope like time, place, address everything on there. Even the dress code.”

 

I look at Ji Sung and he seems read the card carefully.

 

“Except for one thing.”

 

I look at Dae Hwi, also Ji Sung raise up his head to look at him again.

 

“You have to attend along with your partner.”

 

What?

 

“A partner? Well I can go along with Cha Yoon together then.” Ji Sung also speak up about that. Well, both of us kinda lazy to ask someone to be our partner for party so we always go together as each partners.

 

“I’m sorry but one envelope is for 2 people. And I must suggest you to find your own partner, except both of you are dating.”

 

“DATING?”

 

Suddenly my voice become louder than before. Ji Sung and Dae Hwi look at me with a confused yet surprised look. Even myself surprised when I say that loud.

 

“Cha Yoon, what’s wrong with you?” Ji Sung ask.

 

“Oh. Nothing.” My face suddenly become red. Ahhh I’m so embarassed.

 

Dae Hwi clear his throat and then say,

“Well, anyway you must find your own partner then, since most of us already married and dating right now. Most of us requested if they can bring their own partner so me and the other coordinator decide it to ask the other alumni to bring their own partner too.”

 

Ahhh, I’m in trouble.

 

“And I don’t want you to come alone at the reunion so it’s a must for both of you. I know both of you are still single by now.”

 

“Wow, how do you know that?” Ji Sung ask.

 

“Well, just because…”

 

I look at Dae Hwi and he grin at me.

 

...

 

There’s something strange when he grin.

 

But I decided to ignore that.

 

I look at Ji Sung and he look at me too. We seems like giving signal at each other that we should discuss it later after we finish talk with Dae Hwi.


 

Lee Dae Hwi POV

 

“I’ll wait for both of you to come. Thank you for coming.”

 

“Okay, then we leave first. See you Dae Hwi.” Ji Sung said.

 

I wave my hand to them as they leave the cafe and I still see them on outside, talking to each other while walking toward the halte bus. I see Cha Yoon hit Ji Sung hard at his shoulder and Ji Sung looks like in pain. And then I see them give a fist at each other playfully while laugh. Well, they look so happy and playful.

 

Why are they not dating at each other?

 

I’m still curious about that, actually. Because ever since middle high school they always go together, even there’s gossip around that they were dating.

 

But when I saw them, it seems like they haven’t realize that yet. Especially when Cha Yoon shout loudly when I mention about dating.

 

Hmmm… It’s seems like they haven’t realize their own feeling.

 

“Ahhh. I don’t know.”

 

I grab my bag and prepare to leave the cafe when I see Cha Yoon and Ji Sung from faraway.

 

They are still not leaving yet, but what caught my attention is their look at each other.

 

They looking at each other with affection…


 

Yoon Ji Sung POV

 

“Should I bring Mi Yeon at our reunion?”

 

I ask Cha Yoon as soon as we got home.

 

She open her door, and I follow her to go inside her house.

 

“Well, you should ask her yourself. She is not the type to attend like that. She likes to stay at home instead.”

 

I let out a sigh. Maybe I will try to ask Mi Yeon later.

 

“How about you?”

 

I look at her to see she is looking at her phone.

 

I think I know who is in her mind.

 

She dial a number and put her phone on speaker mode.

 

For a few seconds only a beeping sound that heard all over the room.

 

“Hello?”

 

I knew it.

 

“Jae Hwan, do you want to be my partner for my middle high school reunion?”

 

“Heh? What reunion? Why don't you go with Ji Sung instead?”

 

“We must find a partner each, Jae Hwan so I can’t go with her.”

 

I try to help Chan Yoon to explain the reunion, the invitation and anything else to Jae Hwan.

 

“Well, I want to go. But, I’m sorry Cha Yoon I can’t. On that day I have to go to Singapore to attend my relative’s wedding.”

 

I see Cha Yoon let out a deep sigh. It means she must search another person.

 

“Oh, okay then Jae Hwan thank you.”

 

“Anytime, Cha Yoon.”

 

She hang up her phone and she throw herself to sofa behind her.

 

“Ah.. why is it so difficult?”

 

I sit next to her and say,

“Well, I think it’s time for you to start let go of your title being single.”

 

I’m joking at her while she glare at me.

 

“Like you aren’t single, Kuku. You have to search too Mr. Until when you keep being single?”

 

y, free and single I’m ready too bingo~” (Super Junior - y, Free, and Single) I start to sing.

 

She start to laugh at me.

 

Well, at least she is smiling again.

 

It must been hard to have a relationship again. Ever since she broke up with her ex-boyfriend a year ago, it must been hard for Cha Yoon to trust people again. I’ve known this too because I know so well how jerk her ex-boyfriend was.

 

I really hope someday she will find the one for her.

 

“AHHH!!!”

 

Suddenly she stand up and look at me.

 

“You shocked me. My heart almost drop to the floor you must responsible for thi-”

 

“I think I finally can get a partner.”

 

I stop my nagging and look at her.

 

“Really? How?”

 

“Okay, I know this is insane but it is worth to try.”

 

“How??? Hurry up and tell me, Yuyu.”

 

I start to get annoyed at her.

 

“Remember when Mi Yeon try to set me up a blind date again?”

 

I paused for awhile and look at her.

 

That blind date again? I thought she already gave up on that.

 

“I think I will go into that blind date.”

 

She pick up her phone again and start to dial a number, put on a speaker mode and waiting for someone to pick it up.

 

The sound beeping is heard all over her house for a second time.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Mi Yeon. I think I will accept your request a few days ago-”

 

I start to look away and not want to hear their conversation on the phone. I feel something strange in my heart, but I can’t figure out what is it. The only thing that I know is,

 

I don’t like this.




 

---------

 

This is gonna be a bit interesting, isn’t it?

And appearance from Dae Hwi makes it looks more interesting xixixi

And by the way another character will appear so this story become more complicated, what will happen between these two bestfriends?

 

Don’t forget to give a lot of loves to Nothing Without You Album the album is amazing!!!

P.S.: I kinda get inspired by one of the songs in NWY xixixi

 

See you in the next chapter ^^


-kyungricepeach