Useless Thoughts

Best Friend or Lover?

 

Chapter 4 - “Useless Thoughts”

 

The past that can’t be changed, but it’ll bring a courage to both of them.


 

Lim Mi Yeon POV

 

I just got home when my phone rang inside my bag and I decided to see who was calling at night. I looked at the screen and it turns out Cha Yoon was calling.

 

Why did she call me anyway?

 

I pick it up.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Mi Yeon. I think I will accept your request a few days ago.”

 

I paused and think. Did I make a request to her?

 

“Do you remember? The blind date.”

 

Ahhh. So that’s the request.

 

“So, do you want me to set you up? Am I not mistaken?”

 

For a few moments there is a silence. Seems like she still want to convince herself.

 

“Yes. I want you to set me up.”

 

“Okay then. I will arrange it quickly. When will you free? Saturday? Sunday?”

 

“Well, anytime. I’m free at noon or evening.”

 

“Is weekdays are okay?”

 

“At night? Probably not. I’ll be so tired after working so I prefer weekend instead.”

 

I laugh a bit. Why am I so dumb? I’m working with her everyday and I know that our schedule will be full as hell, but I still asking her a stupid question.

 

“Mi Yeon, I’m working at you everyday. You know that our job are always full until night.”

 

“I’m sorry I just realized that. So, I will tell you soon the date, time and place later.”

 

“Ahh. Okay then.”

 

Suddenly I remember something.

 

“Cha Yoon, wait.”

 

“What?”

 

“Has Ji Sung already knew it?”

 

There is silence for a few moments.

 

“Yes. He is in my house right now because he want to have dinner with me. Ya… what are you looking at? Don’t daydream it’s already night.”

 

I can hear Ji Sung’s voice but I can’t hear it clearly. Probably he is nagging because he is so hungry since they haven’t eaten yet.

 

“Well, I need to hang up now. Ji Sung already nag at me because we haven’t order food yet. See you at Monday, Mi Yeon.”

 

“Okay then, good bye and have a good dinner.”

 

I hang up the phone and put my phone on my table. Then I throw myself at my bed.

 

Ahhh, I should tell him.

 

I get up from the bed, pick my phone on my desk and throw myself to my bed again.

 

I open my phone and I open my phone gallery. I scroll to search a photo that has been taken a few months ago.

 

Found it.

 

I look at the photo of me and him make a peace sign at a cafe. We both look so happy in that photo. I let out a deep sigh.

 

I can’t believe I’m doing this just to hurt myself more.

 

But this is the only way I can get close to him again.

 

I dial a number and put my phone get close to my ear. I know he hasn’t sleep yet so he should pick up soon.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hello, Daniel. How’s your doing?”



 

Ji Cha Yoon POV

 

“On Saturday?”

 

Mi Yeon nod at me.

 

“Yes, at 1 PM in Mango Six Cafe. Do you free?”

 

I think for awhile. I open my computer to see if there’s any schedule on Saturday.

 

“Nope. I’m free.”

 

“Okay then, I will call your blind date later to inform him that you’re free on Saturday.”

 

I nod at her and look back to my computer.

 

“Anyway...”

 

I stop typing and look at her.

 

“Yes, Mi Yeon?”

 

“Why did you change your mind? I thought you don’t want to go to blind dates anymore.”

 

I look at my computer again while talking to her. I have a lot of jobs to do, and thankfully I can do multitasking.

 

“Yes, I don’t want to. But I have to search a partner to attend my reunion, so yeah I thought I can get a partner from blind date then.”

 

“Why didn’t you go with Ji Sung then?”

 

“I try to but the coordinator said no to us, except that we are dating.”

 

“Then why didn’t you date with Ji Sung?”

 

I stop typing and look at her.

 

What did she said?

 

“What?”

 

“Nothing. I’m just joking why do you look so surprised?”

 

Suddenly, I feel something strange inside my heart. It seems like my heart is skipping a beat when Mi Yeon asked that question.

 

“I’m…”

 

“Hey, I’m just joking.”

 

Mi Yeon look at me with worry look.

 

I snap out of my thought for awhile and say,

“Ahh, it’s okay Mi Yeon, really.”

 

I laugh a bit at Mi Yeon to calm her down.

 

“We should work hard today, Mi Yeon. Let’s finish these.”

 

“Ahh. Okay then. Fighting!”

 

She turn her look back to her computer again.

 

Fewh, thankfully she continue her work again.

I loosen up my hand and start typing at my computer.

 

What’s wrong with me?

 

I’m shaking my head trying to throw away my useless thoughts.

 

Snap it out, Cha Yoon. You have alot of work to do.

 

So I’m working, typing, and do my job as usual to avoid my thoughts about that.


 

Yoon Ji Sung POV

 

“So, when will your blind date?”

 

I ask her while we are waiting for the bus.

 

“It’s on Saturday at 1 PM. Why do you ask?”

 

“Nothing. Do you know your blind date?”

 

She look at me with confused look

 

“How can I know my blind date? We haven’t met before that’s why it’s a blind date, Kuku.”

 

“I mean his profile or something like that. Don’t be mad at me I’m just asking.”

 

She almost throw a fist at me, but thankfully she let her hand down and she look  way and start looking on window beside her.

 

Am I being ignored now? This girl, really.

 

“Ya! You haven’t answer me.”

 

“I don’t know. I even don’t know his name.”

 

I look at her for a long time. Really, I’m worried.

 

What if she is being hurt again?

 

I gather up my courage to tell her. I have to tell her. It’s because I’m her best friend and I want to support her.

 

“Yuyu.”

 

“Yes?” She turn around at me. Her eyes is showing a confused look while look at me. I look at her in the eye and say,

 

“Don’t hurt yourself.”

 

For awhile there is silence between us. She looks suprised when I say that so she paused, and I try to continue my saying,

 

“I know you very well since a long time. I just hope this time you find the right man for you.”

She smile at me and nod.

 

“Don’t worry, Kuku. If I meet a bad guy you can beat him up till he’s barely walking back to his home.”

 

She laugh at me and tap my shoulder.

 

“Thank you for saying this to me.”

 

“No problem.”

 

She look to the window again and I watch the road passed by from another window.

 

Why my heart is fluttering when she is smiling and laugh?

 

I shake my head and let out a sigh quitely so Cha Yoon don’t hear that.

 

Snap out of it, Ji Sung. Why are you being like this?


 

 


 

10 years ago...

 

Ji Sung walked around the corridor while singing his favorite song by Super Junior when suddenly he heard someone talking.

 

“I…”

 

He stopped walking and think. Should he take a peek?

 

So he looking the sources of the voice and he found that the voice was come from a room in front of him.

 

He walked quietly toward the door while bow his body down in order anyone can’t see him from outside the room.

 

Thankfully, the door is opened a little so he started to crawl toward the door. He started to take a peek inside it.

“I… I want to tell you something to you.”

 

He heard someone’s voice, and it’s a girl. He looked there was a girl with her long hair with school’s uniform.

 

Is that his new neighbor?

 

In front of her there was a boy standing and look her in the face.

 

“I… I like you so much, Park Woo Jin.”

 

A confession?

 

Her face was blushing. He could still see her face is red even the room is pretty dark.

 

“I’m sorry, Cha Yoon. I can’t accept this.”

 

She surprised and looked at the boy, whose name is known as Park Woo Jin.

 

“Uhh… Why?”

 

“I… I already like someone. So, I’m really sorry.”

 

“Ahh… okay then. I just want to tell you that.” She said that with a smile on her face.

 

You lie, girl. I know you are not okay, Ji Sung thought.

 

“By the way, I have to go.”

 

Ji Sung suprised and he quickly move from the door and started looking a place to hide. He found another room beside him and he quickly went inside silently.

 

He saw someone passed by which mostly looks like Woo Jin already left. And for a few moment there was a silence.

 

When he thought it’s safe to go, he heard someone’s voice again. But it’s so soft so he couldn’t heard anything. He became curious so he went outside and went to the room when the girl confessed on that place. When he opened the door, he saw the girl sat on one of the chair in the room. Her face totally showed that she was crying.

 

She looks so sad, so Ji Sung don’t have a heart to left her alone. So, he walked towards to her and sat beside her.

 

“I’m sorry that I eavesdropping earlier so I heard your confession. You can cry as much as you want now. I know it’s hurt, and I will beside you until you stop crying.”

 

She looked at Ji Sung, and she started to crying again, this time it’s louder.

 

“It’s okay.”

 

Ji Sung tapped her shoulder to comfort her as she was crying louder.

 

That time, Ji Sung promised on his heart that he won’t ever let this girl cried again because of her love story.



 

------

Wew, that was a pretty long story

And I’m so sorry that Kang Daniel just appear for awhile *don’t hurt me please I love Kang Daniel*

Kang Daniel will make more appearance as the story goes on so don’t worry

 

And the past story between Cha Yoon and Ji Sung revealed on this chapter and it’s their first met *horray*

 

If you like it please comment below and if you want to know me more you can follow me on twitter @kyungricepeach *don’t worry I won’t bite*

 

See you on the next chapter ^^


-kyungricepeach