Home Alone [MoTzu]

Twice Fluff-Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Momo." A monotone voice whispered. "Momo, wake up. I'm bored." I forced my eyes open to see Tzuyu, our maknae, peering down at me. 

"Don't you have Dahyun or Chaeyoung to play with?" I groaned, rolling over.

"They left yesterday. Everyone left. Don't you remember saying good-bye?" 

"Oh. Oh yeah, I forgot." I rolled back over. We had finally finished "Likey" promotions, so the members went to go see family. I didn't go, since I wanted to work on my dancing and singing over the break. Tzuyu decided to stay back to learn more Korean. We decided that I could teach her a little bit of dance, as well. We didn't talk all that much, compared to how much I talk to the other members, so although I worried that these next few days would be awkward, Jihyo was sure that we'd bond tightly. She said that I'd probably guard her like a mother bear protects her cub. I wasn't too sure, but you never know what could happen. "A few more minutes, please?"

"Fine. I'll eat breakfast by myself." She huffed, standing up.

"Wait. What's for breakfast?" I yawned, sitting up.

"I knew that would get you out of bed." She chuckled. Our maknae was adorable. "Let's figure it out. I'll look for some easy recipes online." 

"I'll go snack on something." I put my messy hair into a ponytail; I'd deal with brushing it later. "I hope you find something easy. I can't cook anything." 

"I know, Momo." She laughed. I followed her to the kitchen, where she pulled out her laptop and started to look for recipes. I opened the refrigerator, trying to find something to eat that wasn't fruit. Fruit is good and all, in fact, I usually eat them as dessert, but it's not very filling. Unfortunately, there was nothing but fruit and vegetables in the refrigerator, and some frozen seafood and a small bit of beef in the freezer. Meat was too heavy for breakfast, and vegetables were a no-no. I need something that tastes good. 

"Hurry up. There's nothing to snack on. I'm dying, Tzuyu." I plopped down next to her at the kitchen table. She patted my shoulder.

"Sorry, Momoring." She laughed again. "I'm hungry, too. I'm really trying to find something to cook, but..." 

"Can we just order in?" I whined.

"What would we order for breakfast?"

"Good point." Delivery foods were usually too greasy or heavy for breakfast. I leaned my head on her shoulder.

"Jiang Bing and Jin Dui don't seem too bad." She pointed to a page in Chinese; I couldn't tell if it was Mandarin or Cantonese. Obviously I had no idea what the page said. 

"What is it?"

"Jiang Bing is...Well, do you remember Switzerland? We had crepes there. Jiang Bing are basically crepes filled with omelette, with green onion on top for seasoning. You can add chilis if you want, but I'm not sure we should get creative in the kitchen. Jin Dui are rice balls with sesame seeds. They're stuffed with sweet bean paste or lotus paste." She explained, then leaned her head on mine. "Can you go see what ingredients we have? I don't know if we have bean or lotus paste, or if we have ingredients to make crepe batter."

"Fine." I whined. I didn't want to move around; I wanted to eat. But something about our dearest maknae made me want to do everything in my power to make her happy. Jihyo was probably right, then. I just didn't expect it to happen so quickly. I got up and walked around the kitchen, opening every cabinet I could. I would find an ingredient that seemed promising and ask her if we needed it. This went on for far too long. Both of our stomachs were growling, and we could hear the growling from across the room. We had the ingredients for the Jin Dui, so we immediately went to cooking. We barely spoke. I handed her ingredients, and she prepared them. When our food was finally done, we sat down at the table and shoved as much food down our throats as possible. Nothing was said, but it was comfortable. "Thank you so much, Tzuyu." I rubbed my bloated belly. "It was really good." 

"Thanks." She smiled and patted her full belly. "I thought I was gonna die..." 

"Nah. It's all good. We ate. We're full. Life is good." I stretched in the chair. "You wanna watch TV or play games? Mina said we could use her video games, but we can't go on her profile."

"You wanna play Grand Theft Auto?" She perked up. 

"Why are you so pumped for GTA?" I asked, chuckling. I got up anyway, and we went to Mina's room. Mina and I were close; all of J-line was close. We may as well have been seperated at birth. 

"Because it's fun!" She rushed past me into Mina's room. "I'm going first, you go second!" I smiled, and watched her dash into Mina's room. It made my heart swell with joy to see Tzuyu acting like the maknae. She rarely acted her age; rarely got excited and experienced emotions fully. She should allow he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter