Donghae Lee + OC (Request)

How Would It Be? (CLOSED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1. Pairing: Donghae Lee + Nari Moon (OC)

2. Quote:

"I like your smile that’s brighter than the stars. Without realizing, my heart is fluttering."

 

As her figure walked down the hallway, it was easy to see a large number of eyes fixed on her. Her hair tied back into a neat and tight ponytail, her uniform looked sharp and her glasses made her look sophisticated and professional. She was a face that was recognised throughout her whole school. It was none other than Nari Moon, the Ace student.

Students began calling Nari the Ace student since her first year of high school. She caught the attention of teachers with her high academic marks; every single test would result in her getting either 99 or 100 marks - never lower. For the past 3 years, she held the first place in her entire year. She was also active in intellectual competitions, resulting in her school gaining popularity and recognition. Not only was Nari smart, she was also a sportswoman. Swimming and track were her two main sports and she did well in both of them. She would earn gold medals for every sport she joined and that too made her recognised by other students. In short, Nari was a student who did well in both terms of academic and sports. The teachers adored her while students admired and respected her greatly.

 

"Nari-ah~"

 

A sweet voice called the girl out and she felt a hand rest across her shoulders. It was a voice that she dreaded hearing.

 

"Leave me alone, Donghae."

 

"Aw~ Is my lil Nari feeling grumpy today? Should I give you a hug?"

 

"Oh, please don't," she pushed his arm away and quickened her footsteps. Donghae chuckled to himself as he watched the girl walk away from him - well, that was a usual reaction. He looked down to his shoes and sighed, "Cute."

Donghae Lee AKA the school's troublemaker. Donghae was a mischievous student who had a sweet face. He was known for his sweet singing voice and musical talents but the students referred to him as 'Nari's fanboy'. Why? Simple answer. Donghae followed Nari around school since her first year and hasn't stopped trailing around her. He would be there on days she was studying in the library and cheering for her loudly whenever she was joining a competition. People didn't understand why Donghae was so interested in Nari. Although it was obvious that Nari wasn't a little bit interested in Donghae, the boy either was completely clueless or just ignored her words. Either way, it didn't seem he would be stopping any time soon.

 

 

Nari took off her glasses and rubbed her temples, a headache was coming up. Exams were a few weeks away and Nari was determined to keep her title as the Ace student for another round. Currently, she sat at her usual spot in the library. It was near the window where the sun shone just the right amount of sunlight and on some days had a nice cool breeze. Her reference books were stacked high and her coloured pens were scattered around her. Her eyelids felt heavy and she decided she could take a 15-minute break. Folding her arms, she placed her head on top of them and closed her eyes.

She woke up a few minutes later. Rubbing her eyes, she was surprised to see that the once scattered pens neatly arranged in front of her and her reference books had been stacked according to their subjects. Another surprise greeted her, a bottle of banana milk with a sticky note. She looked around, wondering if someone had left it by mistake. She took the banana milk into her hands and pulled off the sticky note.

 

"I know you like to study but rest is also important! - <3 "

 

The message on the sticky note made her lips curve into a tiny smile. "What a stupid thing to say... Cute," she folded the sticky note and slipped it into her file. Her head looked around; silently hoping her secret admirer was still around. Whoever the admirer of hers was, she was thankful to them. Her secret admirer of 2 years was still as sweet as they were before and she was still curious as to how they managed to keep their identity a secret for so long.

Looking at the time, Nari decided to leave the library and return home. The girl packed away her belongings, said her goodbyes to the librarian and exited the school compounds.

"Nari!"

The girl stopped in her tracks and turned around - it was none other than Donghae. "Are you going back home?" he asked, his body began to rock back and forth while awaiting for her answer.

"Yes."

"Cool, I'll walk you," he didn't hesitate to take the extra bag in her hand and slung in on his shoulders.

Nari sighed, "I really wish you wouldn't."

He chuckled at her words, "Can't let a pretty girl like you walk alone. Haven’t you seen the news? It's a dangerous world out there. So, home?"

Deciding it was no use to turn him down (and because she was in a good mood after receiving a gift), she began to walk in the direction of her house. Donghae's heart skipped a beat as he quickly followed behind her. Perhaps the Gods had finally answered his prayers.

The walk to her home was rather quiet. Nari hadn't uttered a single word and Donghae was too happy at the thought of them walking together that he decided not to speak. It was Nari that finally broke their silence.

"I'm going to ask you a question and I want you to answer me honestly, Donghae-ssi."

"Shoot. Also, just Donghae is fine."

Nari stopped her tracks and Donghae nearly collided into her. The girl turned around, "Why do you like bothering me so much?"

The boy laughed. "Why? You don't like seeing my face every day? This beauty of mine is too much for you to handle?"

Nari rolled her eyes, "This habit of yours has been going on for 2 years. If this is like some funny joke to you, well it's not fun for me." She took a step forward, startling Donghae.

"Therefore, I suggest you stop this funny entertainment of yours, Donghae-ssi. Find a new person to bother and play with. I don't have time to continue with your silly acts."

The boy still had a big smile on his face, unfazed by her words. "I don't really want to stop, Nari-ssi." This time, he took a step forward. Using his height to his advantage, he tilted his head down. "I don't know why but I can't stop... and I don't really think I want to." His smile turned into a smirk as he saw Nari's pale cheeks turning pink. She grabbed her bag in a haste and dashed back into her house, too flustered to talk back. The boy turned his heels and began walking away. The picture of her pink cheek's made his heart skip a beat. "Ah! So cute~" he uttered, placing his embarrassed face in his palms.

On the other side, Nari had her back against the door and slid down to her knees. She placed a hand over her heart, feeling it beat wildly. Her cheeks also felt warmer than usual. Why did his silly words have such a huge impact on her? "I must be studying too much," Nari concluded, it was the only logical reason she could think of. Well, the only reason she could accept that is.

 

 

The test results had come back and it was no surprise to see her name at the top. A proud smile was plastered on her face; her efforts hadn't gone to waste.

"Wah! Nari, you placed first again," her classmates wowed at her. "Congrats!"

Nari thanked them before she left the crowd that was getting bigger and bigger, students were desperate to see how they did on the test.

Instead of feeling happy for her results, Nari let out a loud sigh. It wasn't that she wasn't happy that she placed first, instead she felt more burdened to maintain her status as the 'Ace' for another year. Although Nari seemed to be confident in her studying and sport skills, the truth was she wasn't exactly sure what she wanted to do in the future.

The teachers told her to earn good marks and then think about her career later. Having good grades would make it easier for her to get into a good university and later on have successful career. Nari didn't want to end up with a lifetime career that she would grow to hate and despise - she wanted to find something she was passionate about and so far she still hadn't found it. As she walked down the empty classrooms, she heard music play. A very mesmerising music that drew her in before she knew it. The wonderful music was coming out of the music room.

Without making a sound, Nari entered the room. Inside the room, she could hear the music clearly and realised that there was a voice singing. A voice that she felt familiar to her. Making sure she stayed hidden, she watched the person from the corner of the room.

Donghae hadn't realised Nari's presence, he was too busy practicing for the upcoming annual talent show that their school would hold. Donghae was excited as it would the first time he would participate and he wanted to make sure he would hold a great performance. He sat down in front of the piano, his hand holding his pencil. He scribbled down words and notes as they came into mind.

Nari watched as how focused Donghae. His eyebrows furrowed together as he thought of lyrics and melodies and for some reason Nari found it cute. She carefully sat down on the floor, her eyes never leaving Donghae's figure. She placed her chin on her hand; this was going to be fun to watch.

"That should work," Donghae muttered and rubbed his palms together. He placed the music sheet in front of him and took a deep breath to calm his nerves. His fingers began to move across the piano, his actions full of grace.

Nari felt her breath being caught in the back of . In this moment, Donghae seemed like a completely different person. This wasn't the playful and teasing Donghae that she always assumed. This was Donghae in his true element, his deep passion - music. It seemed as if he was made for music considering the way his movement were so graceful and how the notes seemed to be arranged in a matter that pleased Nari's ears. As the music ended, a sudden urge came to her and she headed towards Donghae.

Her sudden presence startled Donghae. "Yah! Don't scare me like that," she fought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter