ONE + OC (Request)

How Would It Be? (CLOSED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1. Pairing: Jung Jaewon / ONE + Seung Hwan(OC)

2. Quote : 

"When you look at me, when you think of me, I am in paradise."

- William Makepeace Thackeray

 

"STARZ, you're up in 5!"

 

Scattered voices through the backstage answered as the girls did their last minute touch-ups. It was their comeback show after a 5-month hiatus and their fandom had been hype for the whole week. Their group, after all, was known for their killer music, produced and written by their own member.

"Focus, focus, focus," one of the girls muttered to herself, her hands shaking as they tightened their grip on the microphone. "Seung Hwan!" The girl turned around hearing her name being called, her leader pointed to the stage. Her heart began to beat faster, her feet felt cold and her breathing came in short gasps - an episode of stage fright.

 

"Seung Hwan, fighting!" the words came from another idol's lips, curved in a supportive smile. Those simple words made her smile and boost her confidence. He gave the girl a pat on her head, a gesture to show support before he walked away. Seung Hwan's heart skipped a beat and she rushed towards the stage, bursting with confidence. She heard the loud chants from her fans, glancing to the side in hopes to see her inspiration once more before the music finally began.

 

 

 

"Good job today, everyone!" the leader congratulated her members as they went backstage, each reaching out for bottles of water. "Our comeback song is sure to be a hit thanks to Seung Hwan!"

 

Seung Hwan chuckled and nodded at the leader's statement. What else was she suppose to say? Her luck had been great so far. All the songs she composed for her beloved group would turn into hits and earn them awards. Seung Hwan didn't think so highly of herself but she wasn't afraid to admit that she certainly had some talent in her.

 

"You did great as always, Seungie." The voice surprised Seung Hwan and she turned around. Her eyes met the idol who made her knees weak, Jung Jaewon or better known by his stage name, One. His eyes turned crescent as he flashed a smile towards his junior and pat down the seat next to him. "I was watching your performance. It was my first time listening to your new song."

 

"Did you think I did alright?" she placed the water bottle to her lips and took a long sip.

 

Jaewon nodded his head in an approving way. "Might be your best song yet," he showed her thumbs up before proceeding to pat her head, a habit of his whenever he was around her. Seung Hwan felt her heart pound wildly before pushing his hand away in a joking matter.

 

"You say that to all my songs, Jaewon," she laughed and prayed that he would brush off her red cheeks, hoping he had thought it was due to her tiredness. She stood up - although she didn't want to leave his side - and excused herself to join her members. "We'll talk later?" Jaewon asked her, his eyes looked hopeful. Seung Hwan nodded, her heart skipping a beat once more before she feet moved away from the boy.

 

By now, you might have guessed it; our Seung Hwan had a not-so-little crush on Jung Jaewon. And it wasn't really a secret to her fans and fellow members.

 

 

 

Seung Hwan was like any other teenager. She had an interest in the Korean music department and thought of working as a music producer. She had numerous books filled with scribbled works and pen drives filled with sample tracks, all done by herself through sweat, tears and sheer hard work. But it wasn't until she saw a very specific stage did she change her dreams of becoming a music producer into a Korean idol. She could still recall that day ever so clear as if it had all happened yesterday.

 

She was busy watching the music stages, a way of her to gather ideas and inspiration for her to develop more songs. Her notebook was empty that day. It seemed she was having one of her dreaded blocks. None of the music stages touched her or inspired her in any way, don't get her wrong - the music stages were beautifully crafted but none of them seemed to stand out to her. It wasn't until a new idol stepped on stage did her pencil drop from her fingers.

 

Jung Jaewon had just debuted and this was his very first stage. Many of his fans had been waiting long for his high-anticipated debut. His heart was pounding as he stepped on stage but the sound of his fans cheering for him made him even more determined to show them an amazing performance.

 

It was as if time slowed down for Seung Hwan. Her eyes were fixed on the screen and she quickly turned up the volume to hear the hypnotic music playing. The lyrics and melody touched her so deeply and a thousand ideas popped into her mind yet she didn't scribble them down as she usually did. No, this voice that was performing... It was pulling her in so deeply. As the performance ended, Seung Hwan found herself searching the Internet to search for the song she had just heard. She needed to know who composed this work of art.

Seung Hwan found out the name of the idol, Jung Jaewon and it was all due to him that she began to work hard towards her new dream - to become an idol. It was through him did she began to fall deeper and deeper in love with singing, dancing, and composing. It was him who motivated her into auditioning for YG, she hoped she was able to be accepted into the very company that had housed the idol who inspired her dream. As if the stars had aligned with her luck, she was one of the few lucky people to be accepted by YG.

She spent the next 2 years working harder than she ever did; she was one-step closer into becoming an idol. The countless scolding, harsh training and tears almost made her give up on her precious dream. Nevertheless, the thought of Jaewon was all it needed to push her back into the game. She wanted to become a respectable idol so she could properly thank Jaewon for inspiring and motivating her.

Although the two attended the same company, Seung Hwan wasn't able to catch much glimpses of him. Trainees were strictly forbidden to interact with any of the senior idols, their main job was to train and debut. After 2 years of training, Seung Hwan was chosen to be a member in their newest girl group, STARZ as the lead rapper. And what came into shock was the fact that they requested for her to compose a song for the group - she was given the heavy burden of developing their debut track. They gave her a deadline and she knew if she couldn't meet it, their expectations towards her would drop and there was even a chance she would be pulled back from the group.

Seung Hwan was feeling the stress building up in her, training had become much harsher and the burden of producing her first song weighed her down.

She buried her face into her hands as the track played. It sounded fine but she felt nothing special from it, there wasn't that pulling factor that she wanted. Her deadline was getting near and she still wasn't satisfied with her work. It was another restless night where she spent her hours in the recording room. She picked up her lyrics and began to sing.

Lady Luck was on her side once again as Jaewon was just finishing his practice for the night. However, the light emitting from one of the recording rooms caught his eyes. He headed up towards the door, thinking one of the staffs must have forgotten to turn it off beforehand. Just as he was about to open the door, he heard the music and a soft voice singing. This was shortly followed by curses and a loud sigh. "I swear to god, I will delete this track," the voice spoke and Jaewon pushed the door open.

 

"Wait, don't!"

 

He caught her hovering the mouse over the delete button just in time. "The track sounds really good and the lyrics go well," he realised how weird his words were. "What I mean is... It would be a waste to start all over again. Maybe I can help?" Seung Hwan was too far starstruck with the sight that THE JUNG JAEWON was right in front of her and speaking towards her. She gave a dumb nod and he grabbed a chair to sit beside her. "Do you mind if I..." he gestured towards the track and she nodded once again.

"Y-Yeah, sure. Go ahead."

He clicked play and the two stayed silent as they listened to it. Seung Hwan felt as if her heart was about to burst because damn he looked way more attractive up close than in picture. She gave herself a subtle pinch to make sure she wasn't dreaming. As the track came to and end, Jaewon spoke his thoughts.

"It's good but you should change a few things," he began to rearrange some parts and played it again. "Sound better?" he turned to her. His question snapped her out of her thoughts. He was right, the track sounded better and closer to what she wanted. "Yeah, it sounds better. Thanks," she flashed a smile. Taking this once in a lifetime opportunity, she handed him the lyrics. "If you could... I mean, it would be a great help if you could scan through my lyrics, sunbae-nim."

"Jaewon, just Jaewon is fine," he smiled at her and turned his eyes to her lyrics. "Wow, you're good. I think there's nothing else to say, you're really talented," he praised her and saw how her cheeks turned red. He found it adorable and by patting her head. He looked at the time and found it was getting late. "You should wrap it up for the night. Get some rest. I'll walk you out."

"E-Eh?"

"I can't live with myself if I let you walk by yourself. The streets can get pretty scary during these hours," he stood up and dusted his jacket.

And this was how Seung Hwan ended up walking to the bus stop with Jaewon. Jaewon learned her name and how she was stressed due to the company giving her the task of producing her group's debut track. It was a huge gamble but he assured her;

"They wouldn't have asked you if they didn't believe you had amazing talent in you."

Once again, his words helped to p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter