Kai + OC (Request)

How Would It Be? (CLOSED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1. Pairing: EXO's Kai + Ara

2. Quote: 

"Because what's worse than wanting something, besides knowing you can never have it?"

- James Patterson

 

 

Ara sat down with her friends at their lunch table. "Are you done taking pictures of your boy?" Somi asked her and Ara's cheeks quickly flushed to a bright pink colour. The rest of the girls chuckled as Ara placed her phone down. "It's alright, Ara. We know how much you adore Kai," Sejeong pat her friend's head. Ara looked around, "Don't say it so loud! What if he hears us?" Yoojung laughed at her panic state, "Ara, he's like 4 tables away from us. I think your secret is safe." The girls continued to gush on how cute Ara's crush on Kai was. 

Kim Jongin or better known as Kai, was the student who was adored by many students. His remarkable skills earned him the title of the school's soccer team captain. His leadership helped their team to win numerous awards and gain recognition. He had many admirers, not just from their school but also from different ones. Why? Well, his good looks were a gift from the gods themselves. Oddly, he had never accepted a single confession. Ara took it as a clear sign he already had someone he liked or that he just had very high standards. 

Now, who was Ara? Ara would consider herself as a very dull looking girl, constantly stating that a plain white paper was far more attractive than she was. She found herself as one of those very very average girls. The fact that she was surrounded by beautiful and popular friends didn't exactly make her feel any better. She was the dullest of the group, as she had said. There was nothing special about her besides the fact that she had a knack for photography. 

"I don't get why you don't take a shot and confess to him?" Nayoung raised an eyebrow at her friend. "I mean you've liked him since primary school and you've seen how many girls try."

Ara shook her head, "I'm quite fine with admiring him from afar. Besides, he's out of my league. I'm too... well, plain. It'll just be embarrassing if I confess to him. People will start talking about how the ugly plain girl thought she had a chance with the mega-star student." She said those words with a smile but her friends were worried at how she was really feeling. Sejeong once again her hair, "You'll find someone suited for you, Ara. You're such a cutie, I'm sure someone likes you!" Sejeong's statement made Ara sigh, she hoped that was true. 

 

"Thanks for agreeing to accompany me," Ara muttered to her friends as they sat around her. "Are you kidding? We can't leave our bestie alone, especially when she's watching her Kai practising soccer," Nayoung teased and Ara blushed once again. They noticed she had brought along her camera. They didn't say anything as they watched the soccer team play while covering for Ara, making sure she wasn't being so obvious. 

This was a usual routine for the girls. They had known Ara since their primary school years and were the ones who had her back and supported her through rough times. Especially when Ara admitted she had a crush on Kai. They stuck to her when she followed him around the school at 7 years old, repeatedly passing by his class when they were 10 and helping her stay focused in class when he was their classmate at 15 years old. Over the years, Ara's feelings for Kai still hadn't subsided. Her crush on him continued to develop but her low self-esteem held her back from ever confessing to the very person she admired. They all knew that deep in Ara's heart, she wanted to have at least a small chance with Kai despite the fact the girl would admit she was content being able to support him from afar. Now, they were 17 years old and Ara was still in the same position. 

"Kai's hurt," Ara's words made them look at her before they focused on the said boy. "He fell and his knee is bleeding." True to her words, the girls noticed Kai was pointing at his knee before the coach asked him to treat it first. They watched as Kai rushed off to where the girls assume would be the nurse's office. "Do you think the pharmacy near the school is still open?" Ara turned to her friends and they chuckled, they knew she would ask that. 

After their soccer practice was over, Kai said goodbye to his fellow team members. He winced in pain as he walked towards his bag, the cut on his knee was quite bad. No, he hadn't gone to the nurse's office - he thought it would have been a waste of time so he washed the cut and simply put a band-aid on it. As his bag came into view, he saw a black plastic bag on top of it that wasn't there in the first place. He was even more surprised as he saw the sticky note attached to it. It was simple steps on how to properly care for his knee, written in small yet dainty handwriting. "It doesn't say from who..." Kai looked front and back of the note yet there wasn't a sign of who the sender was, "This handwriting is familiar." He looked into the bag and saw a bottle of ointment and packs of large band-aids. The boy looked around, wondering if his secret admirer was still lurking around. 

"Yah, sshhhh!" Ara shushed, keeping her voice low, "He'll hear us." The girl huddled behind the bleachers as Ara watched Kai's movements from behind a tree. Ara's heart skipped a beat when she saw the small smile curling up on his lips as he read the note she had left. She felt her stomach tie into knots as he looked around, nervous he would discover her hiding spot. She ran towards her friends when Kai was busy applying the ointment onto his knee and hugged her friends. She felt her heart hammering madly against her ribcage and her cheeks felt warm. 

 

"Oh~ Kai's got an admirer!" Taemin teased his best friend as they sat down at their usual spot at the park after their morning jog. Kai, now slightly regretting telling about the gift he had received, pushed Taemin's shoulder. "Shut up, Taemin. You know I like someone," Kai muttered. Taemin scoffed, "The girl you've been chasing for since middle school? Dude, you barely even talk to her!" His words earned a glare from Kai. He held his hands up in defence, "Look, all I'm saying is that you should just tell her how you feel. You're like one of the most popular dudes in school, you got this girl in the bag." Kai ran a hand through his hair, "She's not like that. I don't think I even fit her type. She's so... cute and flawless. Her eyes seem as if they hold the answer t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter