Chapter 6: Let's Be Friends

I Married My Ex
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5 Months

Chae Won again locked herself up in her room for days, ahjumma will only bring her food to her room. There are days she will go out when Joong Ki is at work and comes home before Joong Ki does. Joong Ki did the same he's mostly at his room except for the days he had to work. 

It was around 7PM when Joong Ki heard a knock on the door while he was trying to sleep. 

It opened and he saw Chae Won peeping through the half opened door.

"Can I come in?"

he was surprised at her request but he nodded.

Joong Ki now in a sitting position at the side of the bed while Chae Won sits next to him a meter apart.

It was awkwardly silent for a minute when Chae Won finally spoke.

"I know you were forced in a situation where you got no choice but to suddenly live with me... I know you hate me for it. I know you love Hye Kyo unnie so much. Don't worry. I will follow the agreement."

Joong Ki just noticed she was holding some papers.

She put it beside him. He picked it up and read the papers.

It reads 'Divorce Agreement' and it was already signed by Chae Won.

"You can sign it anytime you want but I just need four more months or just right after I give birth." 

Joong Ki's eyes widened along with it is their agreement but she crossed out the clause about getting half of his money

"I don't need your money. I only want a father, a family for my son. I want him to grow up with a father. I know how hard it is to not have one."

Joong Ki just listened and was silent all along.

He knew how much Chae Won dreamt of a complete family. He suddenly remembered how she planned her future family back when they were still a happy couple. 

I'm sorry I shattered your dreams.

She stood up and turned to face him. She extended her arm for a hand shake.

Joong Ki stared at her. She's smiling but her eyes are sad. 

"Let's be friends? For the baby at least."

He accepted her hand and just gave her a nod. 

She walked away and closed the door.

Joong Ki was left pondering.

How did he hate such a kind soul? He was so consumed by anger that he forgot it was not just her fault but also his. That she's much of a victim of all of these than he is. 

Yet she only showed him kindness despite of all the things he had done to her. 

You deserve someone better Chae Won.

.

.

.

Chae Won is now 6 months pregnant everything has been going on smoothly for them. They treat each other as friends and clearly drawn the lines and know their limits. Their relationship has only been for the baby and nothing more. 

 

"Ms. Chae Won..the driver can't come today because he is sick." 

Chae Won was talking to Ahjumma infront of the main door as Joong Ki prepares for work. 

"Is th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter