Chapter 4: She's A Keeper

I Married My Ex
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3AM 

Chae Won's eyes are puffy from crying so much. Joong Ki's words lingered on her mind the whole night. 

"You disgust me." 

She rose from bed because no matter how hard she tried to sleep she can't. She feels like eating chocolate ice cream suddenly. She's craving!

She's doomed. She remembered they don't have chocolate ice cream in the fridge. 

She wanted to wake up Joong Ki and ask him to buy some but she remembered how even his eyes looks at her with hatred. 

She didn't want to wake up Ahjumma as well since the poor old lady must be tired from working in the house all day. 

Convenient stores aren't available anywhere near their house so going outside isn't an option.

'What to do? I'm really craving' 

she's frustrated. It must be the hormones. She feels like crying because she really wants to eat ice cream. Chocolate ice cream.

She scrolled through her phone and check if there is anyone online that could help, then there she saw one of her best friend still online which delighted her.

.

.

.

3:45AM 

She heard a car parked outside. She was waiting excitedly at their balcony. She opened the door even before the person could get to the doorbell. 

She was smiling oh so widely to the person holding a paper bag with a tub of ice cream inside. 

"Yah! It's cold. You should have waited inside!" the person scolded her but still gave her a wide smile. 

"Joon Gi oppa!" Chae won rushed towards him and immediately grab the paper bag that made Joon Gi laugh. 

'This girl' he thought

He invited himself inside since the lady who called him at 3am to buy her ice cream already went rushing to the kitchen and left him at the front door.

He saw Chae Won already devouring the ice cream at the kitchen counter.

'She's so cute.'

"Yah. Aren't you even going to offer me some?" he sat beside her as he watch her eating happily like a kid. 

"Oppa..I'm a pregnant woman. I can't share!" as she grins at him.

Joon Gi laughed at her cuteness. He continued watching her eating ice cream and...

kimchi?!

"You're eating ice cream with kimchi?!" 

that looks so disgusting he thought.

"Oppa..this is good. I'll give you one scoop only okay? Try it!"

she scooped an ice cream and put a kimchi on top and  tried to feed it to Joon Gi.

Joon Gi disgusted at the weird combination this pregnant woman is eating he held Chaewon's wrist holding the spoon and guided it to . 

"Thanks. I'm okay." he laughed loudly.

"Don't eat too much. It might upset your stomach later."

 

They were happily talking as Chae Won continued eaiting her precious ice cream.

It was quarter to five already they didn't realize the time as they were enjoying talking with each other so much. 

Chae Won missed talking to someone other than Ahjumma and she missed her best friend too. 

"Oh..Oppa. I need to cook breakfast now it's almost five!"

Chae Won immediately readied all that she needed. 

"I think I should go now. Your husband might wake up any time soon."

Chae Won still busy with cooking stopped and faced Joon Gi.

"Oppa..let's eat breakfast. Joong Ki wouldn't mind you're my friend after all besides it was me who troubled you so early in the morning. So, eat breakfast with us as a thank you..hmm? Oppa?." 

Chae Won pleaded with her puppy eyes that Joon Gi couldn't resist. 

Joon Gi was amazed on how she is even graceful while cooking. Like a perfect wife. How she sets the table and prepared the food. You will know it was made with love. 

'What a lucky guy' he thought.

An Ahjumma came and help her with the final preparations. 

5:30AM

Joong Ki woke up from the sound of his alarm. He has a schedule today at 9am.

He did all his morning rituals and went downstairs to ask Ahjumma about his coat he asked to be prepared yesterday for today.

As he reached the kitchen he heard Chae Won's laugh along with a guy's voice.

'A visitor this early?'

He went nearer but still far enough for them to notice. 

Chae Won is happily preparing the table while Ahjumma and the guy helped her.

Lee Joon Gi?

He is also an actor and he knew him very well since he is Chae Won's closest guy friend. A guy who he didn't like even when Chae Won and him were still dating.

'What is he doing here?' his fist cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter