Chapter 5: Always A Mistake

I Married My Ex
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 weeks after

 

Song Joong Ki just got home. It was only 5PM. Usually, whenever his schedule finishes early he would spend the time at his girlfriend's house or meet up with her somewhere but he has been bothered by guilt since the last two weeks and his thoughts were occupied with thoughts of Chae Won and everything he had done to her. 

Ahjumma greeted him and he handed a plastic bag containing a tub of chocolate ice cream ,some fruits and croissants from Chae Won's favorite bakeshop.

He has been filling up the fridge of all the food Chae Won likes to eat. They have never said a single word to each other though, since the day he got mad and said harsh words to her. He doesn't know what to say he just let things be.

They eat at the same table but they mind their own businesses. Even Chae Won who always has that cheerful aura seems to be mum ever since that night. 

Guilt kills him everyday especially with the cold treatment.

"Ahjumma, where is she?"

he asked before he step a foot at the staircase.

"She's at her room, Mr. Song." 

as usual..

Chae Won spends the time mostly inside her room these days. She only goes out when it's time to eat. He noticed the change in the taste of the food too. He guessed she stopped cooking.

He carefully opened the door leading to Chae Won's room afraid he might wake her up if she's sleeping. It is the first time for a long time he will step foot into her room again.

but Chae Won is busy decorating her room turning it into a baby's room. 

Joong Ki slided in without Chae Won noticing. The room were covered with blue and white wallpapers, decorated with all cutesy stuff and a lot of baby things. All the things were replaced except for her bed which looks out of place in this room.

"When did you do all of these?" 

Chae Won who was surprised turned around and looked at him.

"Since the day we knew about the gender." 

she answered and continued pasting some cut outs on the wall. This is the first time they ever talked after two weeks.

He looked around.

She really took time decorating the room. It is full of baby stuff that he doesn't even know where she had put all her things.

"You could have used the third room for the baby.The room is not big enough for both yours and the baby's stuff." 

he helped Chae Won in pasting the cut outs, he was now standing next to her.

"It's okay. I would leave the house in a year or two anyway." 

Chae Won who did not bother to look at him and turned away to fix all the things since they were done pasting.

Joong Ki can't understand what he's feeling.

The once bright Chae Won he knew is now as cold as ice. 

 

 

They ate dinner quietly a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter