Sibling Love

You > Calculus

Warning: Strange, crude humor approaching. Read at your own risk LOL

Myungsoo's POV

I turned down the volume of my stereo, letting it play as soft, ambient background music. Times like this when I'm home alone are my favorite; it's pleasant, peaceful, and qui-

"MYUNGSOO OPPA!"

Aish... there goes my quiet. Must be Jinju. I can recognize her whining from a mile. She is my little sister, after all.

"Jinju, I know heat gets to you really badly, but quiet down a little bit," I hollered in the direction of her screams.

I was about to go back to staring at the wall, however, just then, Jinju stomped into my room, staring at me with her signature "dead face". Aside from the rather frightening expression of hers, her fists were clenched and her hair was frizzy, flying amock in all sorts of directions. She approached me slowly and her steps echoed, bouncing off of the walls of my room.

My sister hissed through her teeth, "My notebook." 

"Hm?" I questioned, pretending to be confused. However, a couple of days ago, I found it outside in eomma's rose garden. Tattered red notebooks don't exactly make flowers look more... floral. I sighed, reaching over to my backpack on my sidetable, cool and charismatic, like Kim Myungsoo always is. 

Of course, not unless you accidentally give him some jello shots... ohoho, you know Kim Myungsoo when he encounters alcohol. Especially since he's a minor, and-

"YAH! Shut up brain!" I involuntarily yelled, causing Jinju to twitch her eye.

"Stop trying to make excuses and stall. I know you have my notebook. I threw it out of the window two days ago. Give it."

I playfully grabbed my backpack and sat on it, ultimately holding it hostage with my , because, you know, nothing is more fun than trolling with Jinju. "Buy a new one! It's a dollar at the convenience store," I hollered, smirking. 

My normally shy and adorable dongsaeng eyed me with a laser-like glare and raised her fist to punch me.

I'll admit it, I flinched. But she'd never hit me!

...Right?

"Myungsoo oppa, you have five seconds to whip my notebook out of your backpack before you seriously get hurt."

My mood was instantly lifted. "Try me!" I giggled like a playful little boy, which was exactly how I felt at the moment. This is so much fun! I love trolling my sister! Her fury is extremely humorous. "You want your notebook? Huh? Does little Kim Jinju want her notebook?"

"Five," she said sternly, never losing her gaze.

"Oh, no, my fifteen year old sister is going to hurt me!"

"Four."

"Really? What are you going to do, Jinju? Seriously, just buy a new one. I'll even give you the money."

"Three."

"You want it? What will you do for it?"

"Two," Jinju said, raising her volume.

"YOU WANT IT THAT BAD, KIM JINJU?! KICK ME IN THE BALLS! I DARE YOU!" I shouted with glee.

My joyous cries were interuppted when a hand quickly reached for my black backpack, removed it from underneath of me, and a strong force, disguised in neon pink Vans sneakers, kicked me in my .

I groaned, and out of instinct grabbed my ia in pain. 

I have lost the battle.

After a few more seconds of exerting my pain, a shrill scream came from across the hall, behind a purple door.

"MY NOTEBOOK! KIM MYUNGSOO, WHERE IS IT!?!?!?!"

I stood up in confusion, trying to shake off the pain in my lower area. "What are you talking about? It's in the largest compartment of my backpack. Also, you have no right to call me Kim Myungsoo." I walked across the hall towards Jinju's room, where she opened her door so quickly I felt wind. I looked down on her tiny frame. Her eyebrows were knitted, her jaw was clenched tightly, and she held my bag firmly in her tiny hand.

"Well, looks like it isn't," she seethed, shoving my backpack in my face (knocking me to the floor), then proceeding to kick my balls.

Again.

Grabbing my lower area, I screamed, "JINJU!"

= = = = = = = = = =

Jinju's POV

Last night, I kicked Myungsoo oppa's balls. It's not my fault right?! He asked me to! He specifically said to kick him in the balls. He dared me.

But today is a new day, meaning I have to go to school. If I have to go to school, I have to wash up and brush my teeth. To wash up and brush my teeth, I have to go to the bathroom.

And to go to the bathroom, I have to pass Myungsoo oppa's room. Eotteoke? I will admit, I got a little out of hand yesterday, kicking Myungsoo oppa's twice. But he said he had my notebook, then held it hostage!

Everyone knows how important it is to me, because all of my "work and notes" are in there. Which, of course, they are, but in reality, THE BACK SECTION IS WHAT MATTERS. 

Footsteps. I heard sudden footsteps coming up the stairs, painfully echoing through my ears. Why? Oh, because I don't possibly know who it could be! One of mankind's greatest fears is the fear of the unknown. Did you know that?

Anyways, back on topic, I bit my thumb nail and crouched behind my door, trying to make out someone's voice. All I heard was some mumbling and some laughs.

It could be my brother, and if I try to talk to him, it'll just create the most awkward atmosphere ever.

It could be my mom, and she's annoyingly hypocritical.

It could be my dad, and God knows that I am oh-so terrified of him.

It could be my mom and my dad, the most annoying couple I have ever met.

It could be my brother, mom, and dad, and oh my god. If there's anything I hate, it's my dad, and my family bonding.

But here goes nothing. YOLO.

I slowly creaked my door open, taking a peek outside into the wild. The hallway was completely empty, strange, but whatever. I opened my door and took a step outside, only to have Myungsoo oppa pop out of his room and punch my left .

"WHAT THE-" I yelled, clutching my . "I may not have watermelons seated upon my chest, but it still hurts!"

"Yeah, I may not have a pair of twin coconuts between my legs, but they still hurt too." I tilted my head in confusion, to which Myungsoo oppa rolled his eyes and smiled. "My balls. You kicked them. Now, accept your punishment, or I'll punch the other one," he said coolly as if punching a young female adolescent's was totally normal.

I glared at him for a moment before running back into my room. Myungsoo oppa followed curiously. I eagerly searched my drawers and pulled out my secret weapon.

"YAH!" I yelled, extending my arms and holding my spray bottle of heat protectant like a gun. "I'VE GOT HAIR PRODUCT, AND I'M NOT AFRAID TO USE IT!"

"Y-yah! Put that down!" Oppa tried to act with authority, but he fails.

I may be small. I may be shy. I may lack common sense.

But I'm a girl that knows how to use hair product.

I lunged towards my brother and sprayed his face, uniform, and hair, all while watching him flail his limbs like a cat.

"KIDS, SHUT UP!"

My mood instantly darkened, just like that. All the fun disappeared like dust, as if I wasn't laughing two seconds ago. My knees fell weak and I soon found myself on the ground, shaking. I've upset them again. They want me to be a little more outspoken and energetic. And when I try, they hate it. The corner of my eyes started forming tears in them.

Myungsoo oppa kneeled down next to me, chuckling. "Dongsaeng, I'll never understand your bipolar ways, but I'll always be here to do this, whether you're a nerd and I'm a kingka, whether you're plankton and I'm a great white shark, and whether you're a hobo and I'm a big time CEO." He slung his arm and me and pulled me towards him in a soft hug. 

"That doesn't make me feel a lot better. Your analogies are terrible," I sniffled, warm tears streaming down my face.

My brother pulled me closer to him, wrapping his other arm around me. The hint of a smile started to form on my face. His arms felt reassuring.

Sungyeol's POV

Dear ugly notebook,

I don't think I'm going to read any of the entries in here anymore, and I don't think I want to find out who you belong to. It's a little creepy.

Anywho, I'm in homeroom waiting for it to start, with Naeun and Myungsoo not replying to my texts or calls. The rest of Infinite was here with me earlier, but they saw a hot girl pass by and decided to follow her, leaving me. 

I would have followed her too, but I'm faithful. Freaking Lee Sungyeol (ah, you know my name now notebook. Good job) is faithful to his girl. 

Getting ready this morning was not easy. First, Daeyeol decided to take a blazing hot shower for half an hour, leaving me with cold water. Then, when I came out of the shower, and started to change into my uniform, Daeyeol decided to style his hair, leaving Nellie sitting cluelessly in her chair, waiting for some kind of breakfast. My parents weren't home, and of course I wouldn't let my adorable little sister starve, which meant I had to cook her something. Since she's way more important to me than getting ready in the morning, I started to cook her some kimchi fried rice wearing only my uniform pants. The oil splattered my chest.

It hurt.

Daeyeol left home before I could even ask him who Nellie is going to stay with, so I had to walk around the neighborhood for half an hour and ask neighbors to babysit her.  The ahjumma down the street that always bakes us cookies gladly took her in. I'm sure Nellie will be fine today.

I put the pen down and paused for a moment. Myungsoo hasn't shown up yet. Where is he? 

The bell just rang, notebook. Uh, see you later during homeroom. I'll probably get bored without Myungsoo.

Aish... this worries me. Myungsoo isn't an early bird, but he's never late nor absent. 

Sheesh. I guess I'm actually going to have to pay attention in class today.

= = = = = = = = = =

It's been two agonizing hours, and I'm finally out of that hell hole. 

"AHHHHH, hello hallways! I'M FREEEEEE-" I cheered before colliding into some kind of short pole, ultimately knocking me and my belongingsto the ground.

"WHAT DARES DISTURB-" I began, but stopped at the sight of Myungsoo's sister. Why the helllllll is god trying to make me bump into her everywhere? "You know what, I'm not even going to scold you anymore. Just stay out of my way," I demanded, standing up.

"Jwesonghamnida," she mumbled, and bent down to pick up my things. 

"Yeah. Pick them up, since you caused them to fall in the first place."

"Sungyeol-oppa!" 

I turned in the direction of my name, and there was my girlfriend. She skipped over and linked arms with me, just as Myungsoo's sister handed me my belongings.

"Jwesonghamnida."

Naeun smiled at her. "Annyeong! Who are you?"

"Kim-"

"Naeun, let's go," I said, pulling her away from Myungsoo's sister. Populars are not to be combined with the lower class. That's why we're made different in the first place.

Jinju's POV

As soon as Sungyeol and Naeun left, I reached into my backpack to pull out my notebook. While picking up Sungyeol's things, I noticed my familiar red book, and managed to sneak it in my bag while he was turned towards Naeun.

...

Lee Sungyeol had my notebook.

Lee Sungyeol had my notebook.

= = = = = = = = = =

Hi guys! Hope you liked this chapter. It's a pretty choppy towards the end, but I think things are slowly starting to move along!

How's everyone's summer going? Good? :D Great. I recently wrote a my first oneshot, and it was a Luhan one, so if any of you guys are just super obsessed with Luhan like me, or like to critique people's work, check it out!

Alrighty, see you jellybeans next update. Love you all! ♥

Edit 120620: Reached 30 subscribers tonight. Thanks guys! :D