Kim Jinju

You > Calculus

Jinju was up at the crack of dawn (I would have put before the dawn but... that would've left a bad impression of me xDD) just like usual. She replaced the cap on the gallon of milk and returned it to the fridge before carrying her bowl of Lucky Charms to the kitchen table. It was 5:30AM and the rest of the house was silent; everyone else was still sound asleep. Jinju used her breakfast time as a time of relaxation, since it was one of the only times she got to herself.

A hoarse & husky, "Morning, dongsaeng," interrupted the silence, and Jinju, being a scaredy cat, tripped on her own foot and fell to the ground.

The white tiled kitchen floor was now covered in vitamin A milk, whole grain cereal, mini marshmallows, and a confused teenage girl. 

"Yah.. clean this up before eomma and appa wake up!" Myungsoo demanded, tossing Jinju a roll of paper towels.

Jinju nonchalantly replied, "Neh, oppa," before obediently slouching over to wipe up the mess. She tore off a lot of sheets and placed them on the ground, watching them soak with milk instantly.

Jinju was always a blank person that will do anything you say without complaint, but Myungsoo noticed that she was looking a little sad this morning. Out of sympathy, he went on his knees and grabbed the paper towels.

"Mianhae. Go wash yourself up, put on a new uniform, and run off to school." Jinju gave a slight smile and nodded at her brother before doing as he said. 

Jinju's POV

I guess I'm my hair is up today - there's no time to curl it, anymore.

Not like anyone would notice, anyways. Hi, I'm Kim Jinju. I'm really shy around people, and I walk around school going unnoticed.

My motto: Mind your own business, you don't get punched.

The only people I'll act human with are my best friends. Not even Myungsoo-oppa knows that I have a personality.

Glancing at my clock while putting on my shoes, it read 6:20AM. Better run before I miss the 6:30 bus.

I know. It's way too early to go to school yet. But if I don't go before everyone else does, that means I'll have to walk in between and be seen by everyone at school.

And everyone includes Son Naeun. 

Cue epic catwalk music. 

Son Naeun. The girl known for simply being... pretty. Where I go to school, being pretty will get you everywhere and anywhere, even in the arms of Lee Sungyeol...

I sighed dreamily. I've been in love with Sungyeol since the day he dumped his lunch on me...

= Flashback =

"I can't believe I got a B on my quiz," I mumbled to myself, scanning the cafeteria for an empty seat. It appeared every table was occupied by a clique.. why is there no table designated to fresh meat? D:

Not watching where I was going, I collided head-on into someone's chest. I looked up and saw an angered boy that was extremely good looking. In my eyes.

He had big, chocolate brown eyes, plump, pink lips, squishy looking cheeks and a sharp nose. His nametag read "Lee Sungyeol".

His yeling interuppted my daydream. "YAH! Watch where you're going, nerd!"

"Aish," I cursed to myself, before bowing at a 90 degree angle. "Jwesonghamnida!"

The next thing I knew, there was spicy, fermented cabbage in my hair. I looked to my right with a disappointed look, where Infinite was laughing at me, with the exception of Myungsoo-oppa and Woohyun, who were both mouthing "mianhae".

Sungyeol muttered, "Serves you right."

= End flashback = 

It's been a year. Sadly, as hard as I tried, none of my feelings have faded.

They just grew D:<

6:27AM. Aigooooooo. I dashed out of the front door, not even minding to say bye, running to the next block where the bus stop was. Do you know how hard it is to run in a skirt? You would think all the extra leg room makes everything easier, right? You're wrong. The movement makes the skirt fly up.

My neighbor and one of my best frends, Lee Jieun, was waving her hand frantically at me.

"Jinju-ah! Pali! The bus is pulling in!"

Anyways, before I rush onto the bus, (pant pant),

Welcome to my cliche life.

Sungyeol's POV

Rather than have me serve detention after school, they make me do it before school. I must admit, it is pretty torturous.

-.- I hate this.

I used the bathroom excuse so I could wander the empty halls instead of being confined in a classroom for an hour. I mean, I don't get it. Apparently, I'm accused of writing "son naeun iz frikin h0t" on the bathroom wall. So WHO'S the first person the principal goes to? THE BOYFRIEND. What kind of logic is that?! Yes, my girlfriend is pretty, but I feel no need to write it on the wall of the bathroom.

Creaaaaaaaaaaaak.

W. T. F. Was that? I looked at the entrance to the school.

THAT GIRL WAS THERE. Oh, and her friend.

She still goes to our school? I thought humiliation would drive her away when I dumped my kimchi on her.Oh, whatever. I don't care whether or not she goes here. As long as she never gets in my way, I'm fine.

"Lee Sungyeol? Where are you? DEFACING SCHOOL PROPERTY AGAIN?"

Oh, . Not again. Gotta run.

Woohyun's POV

I peeked from behind the lockers.

I'm also an early bird, and I like to hang out with my best friends before the population of the school rampages in. No, not my Infinite friends. My best friends:

Kim Jinju and Lee Jieun. Our trio met in the 3rd grade when some bullies pushed us into a mud puddle during the wet season. Since then, we've been best friends. 

Anyways, 

Niga isseoya man yeogiga paradise~

Oh, excuse me. Let me just take this for a second. I tapped the green answer button on my phone and spoke into the receiver with a flirty tone. "Hey girl." Pause. "Haha, really? Good morning to you too." Another pause. "Sounds really nice, sweetie. But I'll catch you later, alright? Cool. Bye."

That was just the ladies man, Nam Woohyun ;) That's not my girlfriend, by the way. I don't even know who that was. Crazy fangirl who managed to get my number...

So, as I was saying, we've been best friends since that fateful event. But something clicked in the 8th grade, where all of a sudden my cheeks became undoubtedly squishy, my stomach flattened, and girls starting coo-ing over me. Then the new hair came in. Then I started working out.

And now I'm greasy Nam-star. No longer am I remembered as mud boy.

"Woohyun-ah!" OMO. I've been spotted. I whipped around sharply, trying to get a glimpse of whoever it was.

Oh, it's just Jinju and Jieun, waving enthusiastically at me. God, those two are so adorable. I just want to murder them. ♥

Jieun's POV

I alternated my glances between Jinju and Woohyun.

"Jinju, what did you get for number 12?"

"Find the derivative?"

"Yeah, that one."

Then Jinju said some kind of smart mathy languagey answer. Jinju and Woohyun were exchanging answers before everyone else came in because Woohyun doesn't want to be revealed as friends with the dorks.

It's alright. He's our friend nonetheless. :D

It's really interesting listening to them talk in their smartical ways. It makes me want to be as smart as them!

I'm still talking Algebra 2... and I'm already a sophomore! Jinju is taking Calculus during her Sophomore year and Woohyun during his Senior's.

Aigoo, it's okay. I can walk, talk, and cook. That's all that matters.

Creaaaaaaaaaaaaak.

What's wrong with our door? It's been really squeaky and creaky lately. Someone needs to oil it up.

:OO I tapped Jinju's shoulder. "Jinju-ah!"

"Not now, Jieun," she said as she scribbled an answer down, "I have to get this down before 1st period." I decided to tap Woohyun's shoulder instead.

"Woohyun oppa."

"Yes, Jieun," he replied, politely but impatiently.

"Infinite is here!" Jinju and Woohyun's heads both turned abruptly, and they stood up from the bench.

"Jieun, kaja! That's our cue.. to leave," Jinju said, grabbing my wrist.

"WAIT!" Woohyun called from behind. Jinju and I turned around.

"What?!" she said.

"Does my hair look alright?"


Uh, hello everyone :3 I know I know. This chapter is boring and cliche. LEAVE ME ALONE (Actually, I'd prefer you wouldn't, the attention is nice) 

Thanks for reading ♥  

tumblr_lu26dhHf461r2tsvg.gif

Please tell me this wasn't a complete fail.