♥Chapter Eighteen♥

♥A Ⓗeartfelt Ⓘnterview♥

 

~Interview~
 
(Onew) You really don't like Ailee right?
 
..Onew..
I really don't. Our story, it's a long story, but if you wanted to put it out generally, she just doesn't get it. I wish she would.
 
 
(Taemin)Are you ok? What did you fell?
 
..Taemin..
*looks down*
 
My heart felt like it shattered into a thousand tiny little pieces.
 
*sighs, then ruffles hair*
 
I just..I don't know what else to say right now
 
 
(Key)Would you go for Taemin if Onew had a hard time choosing between Ailee and Taemin?
 
..Key..
 
I like Taemin alot. I would never want him to get hurt like he's getting right now. Yeah, I'll try to help him out, but I won't force myself on him. He should choose the one he likes best.
 
....still, I feel really bad for him right now.
 
 
 
 
 
~.~Chapter Eighteen~.~
 
 
"He's my fiance." She said at the end. Key nodded his head at her words, but too was left with a questionable look on his face. 
 
"You know, actually the funny thing is..." he began, not sure how to come out with the words. "That sounds like-"
 
"Ailee." Came Onew said, getting up from his seat. The girl heard her name called and quickly turned around to the exact face she was looking for.
 
"Onew." She responded. Onew left a scowl on his face in anger. Taemin got up immediatly after and looked between the two.
 
"Onew do you know her?" He asked. The man sighed in fustration.
 
"She's-"
 
"His fiance." Ailee finished loudly. The whole cafe went quiet. Donghae dropped the tray that he held so steadily in his hands and Key cocked his eyebrows wide in surprise. Even Eunhyuk was left with a shock look upon his face.
 
"And I thought I had secrets." Donghae mummbled to himself.
 
"F-F-iance?" Both Key and Taemin questioned at the same moment. Onew turned to Taemin, a saddened expression left upon his face.
 
"T-Taemin, trust me, it's really not how it looks."
 
"Seeing as you both know eachother, she described you perfectly, and now you both are even saying the word fiance, I think I see exactly how it really looks." Taemin replied in a mummble. He looked into Onew's eyes with a sorrowful glare.
 
"Taemin, it's not-" Taemin held up his hand to stop the man's words and gently got up out of his seat. 
 
"Drama is the last thing I want to deal with right now." He finished and without another thought, he disappeared from everyone's view, leaving the cafe right away.
 
"Taemin!" Onew yelled. With a sharp glance, he turned to Ailee, hatred written all over his eyes. "Look what you've done yet again! Can I love no one without you interfering!"
 
"Onew, we are engaged, what else do I have to do to make it clear! Your parents know it, my parents know it, there's nothing else that needs to be said."
 
"There's plenty, because apparently, you're not getting any of what I've told you time and time again." Key went from their conversation and looked towards the door in which a boy just left. He turned his head to Donghae then, only to catch the man's eyes. Donghae slowly nodded his head, knowing what he was thinking. Eunhyuk moved from Donghae and walked over towards him slowly. When he came side by side, he slapped him lightly and delicately on the shoulder and leaned towards his hear.
 
"Go do the right thing." He said in a deep, dark voice. With no further hesitation, Key made his way out of the cafe.
 
 
..................
 
 
Key looked form side to side as he walked down the sidewalk. There was no sign of the boy anywhere. Really, where could he have went so fast? It's not like he was running when he left the cafe in the first place. 
 
"Unless he waited until he was out of sight." Key muttered to himself as the thought processed through his head. He his lips and continued to the search in the wind that was beginning to leave a cold trail. If only he hadn't heard the sniff filled tears as he walked, wouldn't he had stopped. Key stopped altogether and looked to the side where an alley was. There he was, leaning against the dirty wall as the tears trailed down his face like a river. "Taemin?"
 
Taemin looked up once he heard the fimilar voice, but when he saw who it was, he immediately looked back down, placing his palms over his face. Key rushed over and grabbed the boy by the shoulders.
 
"Taemin, are you all right." The boy said nothing in return. Key pursed his lips, biting the lower part a bit as he held the skinny boy in his hands. "Taemin, you can't stay over here all day long, crying by yourself."
 
"Watch me." He mummbled back in a extremely low voice.
 
"Taemin-"
 
"I gave him every chance possible to tell me what he was hiding. Now I know why he was never answering his phone." He continued. Key's heart seemed to saddened even more as he heard the boy rample on how hurt he was. "I even told him my secret while he was at my house." The last bit of his sentence, surprised Key and a part of Taemin knew, for he cut of his sentence, saying no more. Still, the man got together his downward feelings towards the situation and patted the boy on the shoulder.
 
"Taemin.." Key started.
 
"D-Deh." The boy stuttered out.
 
"You really..." The words struggled to even attempt to come out of his mouth. "..Onew don't..you." He stated more than asked. There was a long bit of silence as Taemin thought about what he had just announced. In a way, a part of his heart felt like it cared for Key, but for some reason, when he heard the words fiance utter out of the girl's mouth along with Onew's name, his heart couldn't of been more hurt in his life. He sniffed a bit, his lip bending in and out of his mouth before he answered.
 
"D-Deh." Taemin finally muttered in a low tone. Key breathed in and placed a fake smile on his face as he removed his arm from the boy's shoulder. He then turned to face him and gently placed his hands on Taemin's soft, fair skin.
 
"Then..first off....stop crying." He replied, lifting his head up so that they could meet eyes. When Taemin lifted up his delicate fingers to wipe his face, he continued. "And secondly, let Onew explain. There could be a perfect explanation for this whole thing. I saw the way he looks at you, he likes you way too much to keep this hidden just because. Everyone has a reason for everything they do and look at the bright side. If he doesn't have a good reason, you punch him right in the face, I'll take a picture and spread it all over."
 
A small giggle ushered out of Taemin's throat as his eyes landed on Key. With a nod of his head, Key pushed him off the dirty alley wall and started pacing him towards the tower. A worried look crossed his face that Taemin couldn't see as they walked off.
 
..................
 
 
"Onew, you don't know what you're-"
 
"Ailee, that's just the problem with you. I understand the promise you are trying to keep. I really do, but we can't control what our parents did, that's not our problem. You won't have karma, it won't be disrespectful if you just don't go though with it." Onew continued. The two of them still stood in the middle of the cafe, the customers not uttering a word as they chewed on their treats and sipped the small drinks they were provided. Surprisingly, no one was complaining, and Donghae and Eunhyuk were too engrossed with the whole scene to even care.
 
"Words must mean nothing to you." She angered back.
 
"Ailee, we're arguing over something so stupid, I don't understand why we're still talking about it. I've been disappearing away from you for all this time, just because of that, don't you understand. And actually yes, words do mean alot to me, just like people. And the person that really means something to me, is the one you just had running out of here not too long ago."
 
"Onew-"
 
"Look, I could sit here and continue to argue with you about this like I usually do, but no, no this time. I have someone I need to go find." He turned around as he began to make his way towards the door.
 
"Onew! I'm you're fiance!" He stopped and abrutly turned aroudn to face her.
 
"But you're not! There's no ring on your finger. Never has been and defiantly never will be." Just then, the door bell began to rang as a fimilar face walked into the place. All eyes turned towards the glass door, too interested in the whole event. There he was. Key walked in a fast motion towards Onew and grabbed him by the arm.
 
"You, come with me right now." With no further words and letting the man say nothing further, Key pulled Onew outside and over to a corner where he had Taemin stand and wait. When he got the two together, Key pointed his finger at the man with sharp eyes. "You! Tell him what the hell is going on and it better be a good explanation or else-" He sneered at him slightly before turning around and leaving the scene.
 
Taemin held his head down, not sure how to approach the situation in the first place. 
 
"T-Taemin." Onew stuttered, fiddling with his fingers. "Look-"
 
"Onew, just tell me, is it true. Is she your fiance? Is that the big secret you didn't want to tell me?" He tilted his head up as to meet the man's eyes. You could see the sorry expression in Onew's eyes as he looked back.
 
"To our parents and to her's it's true, but not to me. I never placed a ring on her finger."
 
"What did you tell her you were going to marry her and then just leave?"
 
"Ani! Anio!" He immediately shouted, shaking his hands in disagreement. "That's not it at all. You see, our parents are friends of one another, so they decided to do an arranged marriage. When we got old enough, they told us."
 
"When."
 
"Deh?"
 
"When did they tell you." Onew cleared his throat before proceeding.
 
"When we were teenagers."
 
"Deh?!"
 
"But!" Onew yelled once again, placing his hands in the air. "Even as a teenager I never liked girls. Never. And my parents, they just wouldn't understand that. And Ailee, well, as you see she was determined on the arranged marriage. She doesn't love me though. She thinks it's the right thing to do though, following what our parents did. That's not where my heart is though. I've never been able to have a decent relationship, because her, and especially my parents. They keep finding me wherever I go. My heart though, my heart is with you and I mean that." He placed his hands delicately on Taemin's face. "I know I may not seem like it, basically because the way I act, but I'm telling the truth."
 
"Really?"
 
"Deh." He bent down and placed a delicate peck on the boy's lips.
 
 
..................
 
 
"Key, you came back empty handed." Donghae replied when the boy came walking in. Key continued walking to the back to start his chocolate.
 
"Yeah, I did." He finally sighed out.
 
 
..................
"I have to get going, it's getting dark." Jonghyun told Minho. He placed the empty can he'd been holding for a while on the table next to the man's bed before beginnning to get up.
 
 
"Wait." Minho grabbed the boy by the arm.
 
 
"Jonghyun, why won't you tell me what really happened?"
 
"I don't know what you're talking ab-"
 
"I was by that tree close to you because I followed you out there when you went running like a maniac. I was worried, just like I'm worried right now. You ran up to that headstone of your parents and I heard everything. Sorry, I didn't mean to ease drop but-"
 
"You heard everything?" Jonghyun questioned in a soft voice. Minho looked at him with a sorry stare and nodded his head. "Why didn't you tell me?"
 
 
"I wanted you to tell me yourself, but apparently you weren't ready for that just yet. And sorry, I didn't mean to burst it out like that, but I was-"
 
"worried." He commented back, with a slgiht smile.
 
"What are you smiling about?"
 
"You're worried about me." He commented.
 
"D-Deh! You're smiling right now about that, and we're having a conversation about your parents." Jonghyun didn't wipe the smile off his face.
 
"It does make me sad to talk about my parents. If you want to know the general reason why I was sad, it's because it was my job to protect them." His eyes quickly saddened. "When I was in the states, a relative sent me a long distance call and told me they were sick. I came back immediately after. I loved my parents to death, and when I came back, that was my chance, my one and only chance to show them that I appreciate what they've done for me all my life. I was suppose to make them better and...in the end...they still died." A tear began to form out in the corner of his eye.
 
"J-Jonghyun." Minho stuttered, caressing his hand on the boy's hand. "I didn't mean to make you sad again. And plus, you think coming back all the way from the states to your parents, just to take care of them, didn't make them happy? 
That's the biggest thing you could've done and you think it's nothing. You shouldn't think like that. It'll only bring yourself down even more. If your parents could see you right now, they'll be really happy." The smirk rose once again on the boy's face.
 
"You really think that?"
 
"Yes." Quickly, Jonghyun bent down and grabbed Minho's cheeks. Pressing them together, he placed his lips gently on the man's lips and soaked in the kiss. Minho had to admit, he was in it at first, but when he realized what was happening, his eyes opened wide and with a gentle push, he got the boy off of him.
 
"J-Jonghyun! What the hell are you doing!" Jonghyun's smile went from ear to ear.
 
"Can't wait to see you at work tomorrow~" He sung, waving his hand in a  girly fashion as he galoped out the door.
 
 
♥Author's Note♥
 
Sorry guys, but I'm trying my best to wrap this up into one more chapter, because I'm not good at multitasking two stories, so I souly want to focus on the new society reject fanfic which will be out June 9th!^^