The Beginning

What Went Wrong?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

3 years and 6 months ago

“Babe, where are we going?” The young lady, sitting on the passenger seat, continued to ask her boyfriend when she noticed that they’ve already passed the apartment complex she’s living in.

“Just wait and you’ll see.” He replied with a mischievous smile and continued to drive to their destination still smiling happily behind the wheel, excited with the surprise he has for the love of his life.

A few months after their graduation, the couple began working as professionals. Seohyun as a botanist for an agricultural firm while Kyuhyun just began his job as an architect on her father’s firm a month ago.

Kyuhyun is from a rich family and has an older sister named Boa, who's an Ob Gyne. He looked up to his father and dreamt of being like him. He is 3 years older than his girlfriend. Before he went on college, he decided to finish his mandatory military service to focus on studies later on.

Seohyun is an orphan and lived with her Auntie Ana who treated her like her own. They were not well off but Seohyun was a diligent and bright student, the reason why she was a full time scholar and a student assistant. She also works part time at a convenience store after school just to meet their needs. But during her 3rd year in college, her aunt was diagnosed with cancer and because it was already at its last stages and because of lack of money, she weren't able to save her. It was the biggest heartbreak in her life. Though heartbroken, it didn't stop her from achieving her dream. Because of her love for flowers and plants, she took up botany and one day would want to have her own business and be a florist. At that same year, she met the aspiring architect through common friends. Despite criticisms that she was just using him because of his money, Seohyun proved to them that she would not depend on Kyuhyun. But that didn't stop Kyuhyun to help her and to worry for her as she lives alone on the apartment she lived with her deceased aunt. Kyuhyun convinced her to live with Yoona, one of Kyuhyun’s classmate and also her friend as she also lives alone in an apartment she's renting. The latter agreed with the condition she would pay for her share. Though he and Yoona doesn't want to, they just accepted it rather than be worried for the woman's safety.

A few moments later, they’ve already reached a small private resort. Kyuhyun went out of the car and opened the door for her girlfriend.

“Cho Kyuhyun, I’m not feeling good about this.”

“Please, babe,” he held both of her hands. “trust me on this.” he gave her a reassuring smile and pulled her inside the venue. The garden was brightened up by christmas lights hanging above them. Seohyun continued to be nervous as they approached the middle of the garden where petal of roses are formed in a circle. He led her inside the circle and held both of her hands while facing her. He smiled at her nervously, holding back his tears as he faces the woman who changed his life, who loves him and he loves with all his heart.

“Kyuhyun, what’s going on.” she asked nervously.

He smiled, “2 years ago, I never imagined to love and be loved. I wasn’t looking or seeking for it. Everything… it was all unexpected. I… I never thought I would fall in love. I never thought I would ever love a person like this. You brought sunshine into my boring li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter