The Aftermath

What Went Wrong?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Angel!” her mother called, “Breakfast is ready! Your father will be here in any minute.” she shouted from the kitchen.

“I’m coming.” the little girl shouted from upstairs.

After a few minutes, her daughter went down from her room with her little bag.

“Good morning, Mama!” The 4 year-old girl greeted happily.

“Good morning, baby.” her mother smiled in return, “Eat your breakfast. Your father will be here soon.”

While taking their breakfast, the doorbell rang.

“He’s here.” The lady said then went to the front door to open it.

“Hi, good morning.” the man greeted with an awkward smile, “Is Angel ready?”

“She’s still eating breakfast.”

“Papa!” the little girl ran towards him as she heard his voice.

“Hi, baby!” she smiled happily seeing his daughter and held her daughter, “Papa missed you.”

“Angel, have you finished your breakfast?” her mother asked, crossing her arms.

The girl lifted her head from her father’s shoulder and shakes her head.

Her father smiled and put her down, “Finish your breakfast first.”

The little girl ran back inside and finished her breakfast.

“You can wait for her inside.” the mother invited.

“Thanks.” he followed her inside.

“Have you had breakfast?” she asked.

“Yes. Thank you.”

“Would you like some coffee?” she offered.

His eyes literally lit up as she offered his favorite drink especially prepared by her. , “Sure!”

She smiled, “Ok, I’ll just prepare it.”

While she went back to the kitchen to prepare, he waited at the living room and looked around. He saw some of their old photos - photos of Angel when she was still a baby, when she started to walk. Then he saw a picture of three of them - a picture of a happy family. I missed this… I miss us. He realized that it’s been awhile since he had entered their house. He noticed that she had removed their wedding pictures.

“Here’s your coffee.” she said, putting it on the coffee table.

He turned around as he was interrupted with his thoughts, “Thanks.” he smiled and sat down on the couch and a sip of his coffee, “Hmmm… still the best coffee.” and took another sip. “I missed this.” he uttered unknowingly as the lady was also surprised with the comment.

“How’s work?” She asked, changing the topic as she sat down on the separate couch.

He put down his cup of coffee, “Same old, same old. Just finished that crucial project.”

Even after their divorce, Seohyun and Kyuhyun still try to stay friends for the sake of their daughter but still awkward at times.

“I’m sorry for not being able to attend her recital. I know she was expecting me but you know my work, right?” the man explained.

“It’s alright. You’ve already explained it to me and Angel understands. By the way, I’ve recorded her recital. I’ll send it to you later.” she smiled.

“Sure.” he replied.

“Mama! I’m done!” the little girl shouted as she went to her mother.

“Did you put the dishes in the dishwasher?”

“Yes!” she answered cutely.

“I’ll just get her things.” she said to Kyuhyun as the man replied with a nod.

When she went down, she saw her daughter sitting on his father’s lap, telling him what happened on her recital. She saw how happy they are especially her daughter, all smiling and laughing.

When was the last time I saw them like this when we were still together? Do we really have to lose something to gain another? I wish it didn’t have to happen to us… I wish I didn’t have to make those decisions.

Kyuhyun caught her staring at them and smiled which broke Seohyun on her thoughts.

She smiled and approached the two with the little pink suitcase, “Here are her things and… here.” she gave him a small diary for all the things he needs to know about Angel’s routine everyday.

It was summer vacation and at the same time, Kyuhyun finished a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter