The Loss

What Went Wrong?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: This is a long chapter.

---

After putting her daughter to sleep, Seohyun slip inside the blanket and sat beside her husband who’s still reading a book.

“Babe,” she called.

“Hmm”

“Have you ever thought of having our own house?”

Her husband closed the book he’s reading and looked at his wife, “Did mother tell you something again?”

The encounter earlier, wasn’t the first time his mother mock her wife. Even before they got married, she did not approve of it because Seohyun wasn’t like them who came from a rich family but an orphan who had to strive hard to graduate and achieve her dreams.

“No, she didn’t.” She lied. She didn’t want her husband to know what harsh words she has said. She knew it would just create a dispute between her and his son.

“Then why suggest that?” he asked.

“I just thought that now we have Angel, it would be uncomfortable to your parents and at the same time, I don’t want to trouble them taking care of her after I go back to work.”

“You’re planning to go back to work? I thought we’ve talked about it? I can take care for the both of you.”

She inhaled, “I know. It’s just I don’t want to depend on you or ask for money if I want to buy something and all.”

“Seohyun…” he paused, “then who will take care of Angel while you’re at work? I don’t want strangers to just take care of our daughter. It would not make me at ease leaving our daughter to someone I don’t trust.”

“I can ask Sooyoung to take care of her.”

Though he doesn’t like the thought of Seohyun not depending on him, he knows her well that she doesn’t like depending on other people especially that his mother thinks Seohyun just married her son because of money. He knows that it has something to do with her mother.

“Okay, I’ll think about it. I think I have enough on my savings to buy a house or rent an apartment. I’ll see what I can do.” he smiled and kissed her forehead.

“Thank you.” She looked at him, knowing that her husband had understand her.

“You’re always welcome, Babe, or should I call Angel’s Mama.” he smiled mischievously as he wrapped his arms to her waist.

“What are you thinking Mr. Cho Kyuhyun?” knowing what that look means, “You know that I just gave birth to our daughter, right?”

He sighed and looked at the crib on the right side of their bed and smiled then kissed her wife, surprising her, “You don’t know how happy I am.” He kissed her again and this time she responded as she wrap her arms to his neck, “Thank you for giving me the best gift ever.” he kissed her again and slowly laid her in the bed.

'And I’ll do my best to protect both of you even if it means going against my mother. I love you and I will not let anyone hurt you. I promise.'

---

“WHAT?” The older lady exclaimed.

“Are you really serious about this?” The architect’s father calmly asked.

“Yes, Dad, and besides I think it’s time for us to be independent and live on our own. Our second child is already on its way.”

His father nodded, “I agree with you. I mean, you now have your own family and I understand that you want to be independent and I admire you for that but it also worries me that Seohyun is still on her first stages of pregnancy and I know how crucial are the first trimester. And other than that who will take care of Angel? She just turned 1 a few months ago. And you’re not always at home, so who’s going to look after them?” He looked at his son, “That’s my main concern, son.”

“I understand, Dad.” Kyuhyun answered.

“I suggest, you stay here until Seohyun give birth. By that, your sister can take a look at her from time to time.”

“We’ll consider your suggestion, Dad. It’s not that we’re going to leave soon. We just want you to know our plans.” The young man explained.

“I understand and I can see that you’re really a grown man now. I’m proud of you.” he smiled at his son.

“Thanks, Dad.” he looked at her mother and noticed that she looks mad looking straight at his wife, “Mom, are you okay?” but he was ignored.

She stood angrily, “You! Are you really that desperate to take away our son from us, aren’t you?!” The older lady in the room  asked his son’s wife.

All were shocked with what she said.

“Mom!”

“Misook-ah! What nonsense are you saying?” Her husband said.

“Can’t you see? He’s taking our son away from us! She’s a gold digger wanting to be part of our family because of our money!”

“That’s enough!” This time, his son stood up.

“Are you even sure that you’re the father of her child?”

“What!?”

Her mother gave her a brown envelope containing pictures of her wife with a man. He looked at the picture and recognized the man.

“He’s your wife’s ex-boyfriend from college. Who on earth will meet up with her ex-boyfriend when she’s already married?”

He glared at his mother, “You had my wife followed?! To what??!! Is this your way to separate us? What kind of mother are you?! Aren’t you happy that I am happy with my wife? With my family? Who the hell in the world would try to ruin her son’s family?!”

“Your wife is cheating on you!”

“How can you be so sure when you only had these pictures as evidences? And for your information, she asked for my permission to meet him. He’s our friend and if I wasn’t busy that day, I would accompany her to meet him.”

Her mother was speechless.

“This is one of the reason I want us to leave, because of you, Mom! You always think that she’s trying to take me away from you, that she doesn’t deserve me when all she did was to prove herself to you. Even if she doesn’t tell me, I know you’re telling her things to hurt her!” Seohyun held his hand to stop but he ignored, ”This is my family you’re hurting, Mom. You hurt them, you’re hurting me, too.” He paused and calmed down a bit, “It’s me who doesn’t deserve her, Mom. She doesn’t deserve being treated this way. She doesn’t deserve to be judged when all she did was to follow all your orders to show that she still respect you as the mother of her husband.” He took her wife’s hand and pulled her up to stand, “I will protect my family even if it means going against you, Mom. I swear, I will never let anyone hurt my family even by you.” He left the living room with his wife and went back to their room.

The head of the household shook his head at his disappointed to his wife and also left the room.

“That girl!” she uttered.

---

“Kyuhyun, you didn’t have to do it.” Seohyun said when they entered their room.

“Seohyun, I swore that I will protect you and my children.”

“But she’s still your mother. You shouldn’t have raised your voice like that.” She said calmly. She approached her husband as he sat down on the bed, “I understand that you want to protect us but at the same time, I don’t want your relationship with your mother to be ruined.” she said as she hold his hand to help him calm down.

He looked at his wife and wrapped his arms around her, “What did I do to deserve such a loving wife like you?” and kissed her head.

“Kyuhyun… about the pictures…”

“It’s okay, I trust you.”

She released herself from his embrace and looked at him, “But I still want to explain. He called me. He actually got my number from Sooyoung then he said he wanted to meet me. He was just here for a vacation and wanted to catch up for good times’ sake. You know that we were friends before we dated, right? It was just a good chat and he even asked me about you. I told him how happy I am with you and he was happy know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter