The Fear

What Went Wrong?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Tell me again why do I need to do this.”

“Because your son missed you.”

“And I miss my wife too! I don’t understand why she rejected the vacation I planned.”

“Because it was just the two of you.”

“Don’t misunderstand me, Kyuhyun. I love Andy as much as I love my wife but you know, after that stressful project, I wanna have some alone time with my wife. Is it that bad?” his friend frowned.

Kyuhyun just smiled at his friend’s rant, “Don’t be a kid, Siwon. I know, Yoona missed you as much but you know, she also needs her time alone. I bet she missed going out on her own while taking care of your son.”

Siwon looked at his friend seriously, “Is that why you offered to take care of Angel while you’re on leave?”

“You know that I missed her. It’s not like I see her everyday.” he looked at her daughter who’s playing with Andy.

“You missed Angel or you missed Seohyun?” his friend asked.

Kyuhyun looked at his tall friend and sighed, “Of course, I missed my daughter.”

Siwon gave him a meaningful look, “O--kay, if you say so.”

“Siwon, whatever you’re thinking of, it’s not because of Seohyun. I may have failed as a husband but I don’t want to fail as a father.”

“It wasn’t your fault--”

“It was.” he said. It still hurts him everytime he is reminded of the reason why they broke up, “No matter where you look at it, it was my fault.”

If you only knew… the taller man thought. He knew the reason and pitied both of them to be suffering like this. He didn’t approve of what Seohyun did but he can’t really stop her from doing so. There were many times when he wanted to tell his friend the whole truth but he promised Seohyun not to tell him. He hates being in the middle. ...if you only knew how she cries every night after you left your house. He sighed, “Then move on, Kyuhyun.” he looked at him.

“...”

“It’s been a year since you got divorced. I guess it’s time to meet new people, date someone. Do what your mother suggests - go on blind dates. It won’t hurt to try.”

“Siwon, you know I don’t do that. I don’t like the pressure of meeting someone or having a premeditated meeting.”

“So you’re still obsessed with fateful meeting? Like in college?” Like how you met Seohyun?

“No, I’m not.” he objected, “Being in a relationship is not my priority right now. If someone comes along, so be it. It’s not being obsessed with fate. It’s living it up to destiny. More importantly, she must accept my daughter and get along with her well. Above anyone else, Angel is the most important person in my life.” he said looking at his daughter as she continues to play.

Siwon sighed knowing that he can’t convince his friend. Just please be happy. I want you to be happy.

---

1 year ago

“You don’t have to do it. We’ll just leave the house. I’ve already found an apartment.”

"I want to.”

 

“I won’t accept it.”

“Why are you so stubborn?”

 

“Please, just let me do what I want.”

“I’ve already given you what you want.” he said, looking at her soon-to-be-ex-wife on the other side of the table, “Let me do what I want, Seohyun, for Angel’s sake.” he sighed, “I plan to give the house to Angel when she’s in the right age but for now I’m entrusting it to you.”

“...”

He sighed, still feeling the pain of their failed marriage, “I may have been a failed husband but at least give me a chance to be the best father I can be for Angel.”

Seohyun didn’t fail to see the pain he feels.

“Please? Let me do this for Angel, at least.” he begged.

“Okay”

He heaved a sigh of relief, “Alright, I’ll talk to my lawyer to arrange the papers needed.” he took a sip from his coffee, “I’ll get my things on weekend.” He looked at her, “Call me anytime if something comes up, especially if it’s about Angel.”

She nodded.

He wanted to offer to send her back at the house but he thought it wouldn’t be appropriate now that their divorce is nearing its final verdict. It’ll just be difficult for him. He might beg her to not do this and just give him another chance. His pride wouldn’t let him.

“I’ll be going.” he signaled the waiter for the bill and paid for their meal.

***

“Seohyun, your home.” her friend greeted her as soon as she entered the house, “How’s the meeting?”

She smiled a bit, “It’s okay. The kids?”

“They are both sleeping in Angel’s room.”

“Thank you, Yoona. I owe you.”

She shook her head, “We’re friends, Seohyun. We’ll always help each other.” she held her hand and squeezed, “I’ll always be here.”

She muttered a silent thank you as Yoona saw her teary eyes, “i’ll just change upstairs.” she smiled sadly as her friend followed her with her eyes.

As soon as she sat down on the bed, all the feelings she had suppressed earlier are now showing as she cried her heart out.

'Is it the right decision? Was it worth it? Do I really have to lose him?'

“Seohyun,” Yoona silently called as she opened the door to her room. When she saw her friend crying, she approached her friend and sat beside her and pulled her in her arms, “Seohyun…” she can’t help but pity the lady.

Her husband had told her that Kyuhyun had nothing to do with that woman. All advances was done by her. Yoona tried to explain to Seohyun what really happened but she was just silent. Right then and there, she knew there is something more to it. Seohyun told her the truth and begged her to keep it for the sake of her daughter and she agreed. She doesn’t understand why her friend has to do this when it hurts her this much but it was something out of her control. All she can do is to be there for her friend.

'Just let it out, Seohyun. I’ll just be here.'

---

“Yoona!” Seohyun greeted and hugged her as she entered her flower

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter