February

The 12th Month
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]he almost knew nothing about him, except that he was blind.[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]“So, this is your hidden place?”

Jimin nodded at his question. He had a hot drink in his hands, more serving as a heating service than a drink. Today was 16th February; Jimin knew it because he had a habit of asking the date every morning. It was a freezing day as the Clara had said, so he proposed to go in his favorite coffee shop. Hoseok immediately accepted and asked him the directions. Jimin laughed and slightly punched his shoulders.

“Follow me and don’t get lost.”

Hoseok followed him, his step was sure and steady, not bumping on anyone during the walk. Jimin was completely different from a sick person. Compared to people, it was them who seemed sick, not him. Hoseok felt a tightness in his chest, he was happy but insecure. He hadn’t been lucky in his life; losing people that he cares the most, created a hole in his soul.

“Hoseok Hyung?”

Jimin had turned his side to face him. His anxious expression surprised Hoseok, noticing that Jimin were chewing his lips.

“You don’t like it?” He said while showing the drink still untouched. Hoseok blinked his eyes and laughed, hiding his embarrassment. The coffee was now surely cold, the heat being replace by nothing. He took a slip and made a grimace, the taste was awful; he hated cold coffee.

“No, I love it.”

A lie

Jimin grinned, his cheeks becoming slightly red. He had never showed this place to anyone except Clara. We were already February which means that one month has passed. In 31 days, he had several appointments, made one decision, and encountered Hoseok.

Hoseok was the highlight of January, and Jimin will never forget that.

People will surely see their encounter too fast but for Jimin, it was the right time. When your time is counted, each event must be lived at his fullest. The gossips and eyes, must be forgotten, to allow ourselves to open more before it’s too late.

“What… Do you do in life Hoseok Hyung?”

Hoseok lifted his head from his drink almost finished and saw Jimin looking at the windows. It was like if he could see. He had his chin on his hand and were turning his heads depending of the people on the road. They were on a room apart from the other clients, allowing them to be cut themselves off from the restaurant but still being part of the City and his countless persons.

“I’m a dancer.”

Jimin jumped in excitement and touched Hoseok’s hands. Hoseok were caught short but couldn’t have the time to say anything that Jimin already responded to him with a wide smile.

“We have something in common!!” Hoseok smiled too and Jimin continued but less happy now.

“I used to play piano when I was young… The touch under my fingers and the song that it produced. It seemed magical to me…”

While talking his smile were less and less wide and soon Jimin had lost his joy. A hole had been exposed. Playing piano was his first choice taken by himself. His parents went to a music store, full of instrument and asked him his preferences. Jimin was only two when he showed them that he wanted to play piano. He walked in front the huge piano and struggled to sit on the high stool. His parents watched him with giggles, but he managed to open the lid. The white and black colors attracted his fingers which produced a series of sound. He didn’t make a melody or anything too incredible, but his mother knew that he was destined to play this instrument and not anything else.

“I want to go home. I’m tired.”

Hoseok nodded and took his belongings. They walked slowly, silence being their friends. Jimin were lost in his thoughts while Hoseok was confused. He had seen Jimin as a cheery person, but he was like him. Sunny in the outside and broken on the

Please log in to read the full chapter