September

The 12th Month
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]“Mochi is hungry.” Mingjae almost die from embarrassment[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]“So, when will you confess to him? Soon, it will be one year,” asked Jin while checking on his smartphone.

“Already?” shouted Jungkook from the kitchen. He was currently helping, or more stealing food from Jin’s fridge.

“Why don’t you do it at his birthday?” wondered Yoongi loudly from the living room, typing on his smartphone.

Hoseok sighted and checked his face on the bathroom’s mirror. Mingjae had placed him on several representations from 4rth to 9th September included. He was currently putting his contact lenses and stylizing his hair. His hair color was pale lilac in harmony with his expensive red shirt and black skinny jeans, giving him a dominate aura. He put on some perfume, the one that Jimin gave him for “no particular reason” he had said shyly, and left the bathroom.

“So?” Everyone gathered in the living room and stood speechless. “I need your opinion guys…” Hoseok kept touching the fabric and checking how it reflected on his body. Sure, it was tight, but he wasn’t uncomfortable with it. Jumping and doing aggressive moves was still possible.

“Hm…” broke the silence Jin, “If you come to hook up with the whole club, then it’s the RIGHT dress.” he had continued while glancing him from head to toe. “I agree with Hyung. The new group you’re working with, will either lead you to success or…” followed Jungkook, with an unreadable expression.

“ion.” finished Yoongi simply.

Hoseok sighted and explained the whole situation. He was now in charge of training the other recruit which put him on the first line. At first, he was supposed to only chose candidates and trained them for a week but Mingjae managed to get Hoseok engaged too. He was nervous but happy at the same time: His name was now below of the group which was a huge progress.

“When do you perform?” asked Yoongi not really interested. “Oh! At 8:30pm each night at… Gangnam...” he answered shy. Jungkook widened his eyes and congratulated his hyung. Only huge group and solo artist could perform there. He didn’t need to ask that Hoseok already understood his question.

“Yes, despite your age, you can come Jungkook. I’ve already explained it to them.” He jumped excited and ran searching for his smartphone in the kitchen.

“You know that you will regret it? He could steal your place one day.” Hoseok understood that Yoongi was talking about Jungkook’s skill to learn fast. Yoongi had showed him a few small songs that he improved for him. Two weeks after he came back with a whole different sound but using Yoongi’s original song. He was surprised that he managed to retain it just with his ears and recreate a whole new song that didn’t lost his soul.

Hoseok laughed and answered him “That’s the point. I want him to keep going higher.”

 

~

 

“Please applause for the Stellar featuring JUNG Hoseok.” announced a man on a mic.

The audience screamed and warmly welcomed them. Mingjae smiled while holding his camera, ready to record each of their movement. The music started, and they danced like no tomorrow. At the middle of the choreography, Mingjae got joined by someone.

“Hey!” He recognized the voice and the alliance on the lady’s finger. “I see that Jaebum finally make his move!” Clara blushed and asked taken aback how he knew her fiancé. Mingjae came near her ears and explained that he almost raised him. “He came one day in my studio, asking if I can teach him b-boying. I was against it first and he came every day. I told him to show me his passion. Around one year after he won a famous competition and he became my student. It’s been a few weeks that he had the idea to give you this ring.”

She smiled and concentrated on the choreography. Mingjae had to record not only Hoseok but the whole group, Youtube’s audience was meticulous about these kinds of details. When he glanced toward Clara, he noticed that she was recording only Hoseok’s movements. A thought, or more a name, came across his mind and shared it with her.

“Jimin?”

Clara nodded and explained further “I am Jimin’s hands, legs and eyes when he can’t go outside of the Hospital. So, I record it and will describe it after.” Mingjae thought about how he was getting tired and couldn’t managed an hour dance session anymore. They reduced it slowly but now he was only dancing the small performance of three minutes he had, before feeling exhausted to the point of collapsing one day. He had called Clara in emergency and an ambulance came a few minutes after.

“He is too hard on himself. We will have to cut this… It’s becoming dangerous.”

Since this day, Jimin stop coming but Clara never said that it was completely over. Feeling a stare on her, Clara faced him and seemed to understand.

“This week… It will be the last session.” He nodded and returned his attention on the performance, his vision slightly blurred.

 

Each night after the end of performance, Mingjae would secretly check on Jimin. He had start to get attached to this “mochi kid” like he loved to call him. Jimin first hated it but soon started to appreciate and even played cute with this.

“Mochi is hungry.” Mingjae almost die from embarrassment. Jimin laughed and revealed that nurse liked when he was acting cute. He wasn’t fan of it but it was making them happy so, he will continue he revealed.

“Bulgogi or Okonomyaki?” asked Mingjae while searching on his smartphone the closest restaurant. Jimin hummed and exclaimed “Let’s travel to Japan!” letting Mingjae a little clueless about his sudden joy.

 

They found themselves in a Japanese restaurant, managed by Japanese chefs. Mingjae asked to be put in an intimate place and got placed on a corner far away from the noisy client. The background sound was more audible; traditional Japanese song accompanied by waves of sea. Jimin was wearing a smile and when the plate got served, he put down his glasses. It was the first that he saw him without his glasses. He could see how young and… different he was.

“Hyung?” Mingjae came back from his thought and took his baguettes. He cut his Okonomyaki into small pieces and started giving food to Jimin. His cheek was the same as a hamster. He seemed to appreciate and that was the only thing that Mingjae wanted.

“Hyung?” asked Jimin looking at Mingjae like if he could see him. He hadn’t enough time to process what he was saying that Jimin wear a sad expression.

“Sorry to be a burden. You surely want to eat too...” Mingjae immediately answered, feeling guilty by his reactions.

“Don’t worry about me. To be honest, even if I can see, I don’t know how I can eat it.”

“Really? Isn’t it round and voluminous with eggs, cabbages, and-” Mingjae listened to him like a child. He literally described the dishes in front of him, even the bonito flakes which were dancing on top of the it.

Mingjae got surprised that Jimin could list these ingredients like if he was reading a cooking book. Except for the sauce, that was surely from Japan, Jimin had found all the ingredient. During the end of the meal, Jimin explained that he loved reading book when he was young. He had to learn the Braille and reading books was the fastest way. He couldn’t leave his bed except for checks-up and medicaments so reading was his way to go outside.

“I sound like a nerd.”

“No, you’re not. You sound like someone who had travelled around the World and learned about what was life is.”

“Which is?” Jimin asked, concentrated on what Mingjae will answer.

“Concentrating on the moment present. Do you think that these persons eating at the restaurant think as deeply as you? Yes, it’s a traveling for them too but I doubt that they heard about the music background and could place themselves on a beach like you did.”

Jimin blushed and thanked him. Mingjae had noticed at the end of the meal, how Jimin suddenly described him the music background and the fact that it was playing at the beach normally. Mingjae took the last part of the dessert now, and place it near Jimin mouth who immediately opened his mouth.

He may can’t see but his soul sure does.

 

~

 

“So today is the big day!!

Please log in to read the full chapter