January

The 12th Month
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]He hadn’t see it coming.[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]The first month of a new year. Resolutions and positivity were crossing everyone mind and Jimin was the same. Since his decision, he was freer in his movements and mind. He had always visited the same places and known the same person.

Miss Clara was his anchors. He had never see her through his eyes, but she always been there for him. He encountered her three weeks after his accident. He was playing with his friends: Taehyung and Jungkook; two guys younger than him, encountered during a music course. Jimin was a talented pianist while Jungkook had a bright future in drums and Taehyung a promising saxophonist. Jimin were playing while Taehyung had accompanied him. Their soul was blended in this sunny room, situated in the second floor of the building. Taehyung took a rest, complaining about the heat. Korea was known for its strong heat during summer time. This room was equipped with air-conditioner, but it wasn’t enough. The windows were quite opened, giving a little air in this confined room.

“I come back in a few minutes. You want something?”

Jimin looked up him and saw his features. He was having his hair down, sweating coming down from his forehead. His glasses were putted behind him on the bookcase. It was an old one, which were quite cracked on the foundation, but nothing ever happened. Several parents talked about this issue, but the Director assured to them that everything was in control…

“Water… I would like water.”

Taehyung smiled and nodded. He put his saxophone next to the bookcase, and leaved the room. The room were filled with notes, lighter from the previous one. Jimin were precocious pianist and got enrolled in this school since his young age. Technology were present in every coin of this school, except from this bookcase. It was the only object which were old, which had a “soul” according to Jimin. He got surprised when the windows clapped on the wall. The hot air was now in the room, making Jimin uncomfortable. He was about to close the windows, when he heard a strong noise. Taehyung’s saxophone had fallen on the floor.

He hadn’t see it coming.

Jimin ran toward the bookcase and took the saxophone in his hands. He lifted his head and saw the huge furniture item falling on him. It was too late when Taehyung came back with two bottles of water on his hands. It dropped loudly on the floor, as the time, Taehyung dropped at Jimin’s body.

“Jimin!!”

Taehyung, from his 10th tried to lift the bookcase by himself. The sharp woods on his delicate hands, were leaving bruises on it. He leaved the room running, after several attempts. Sweat and tears were now on his face.

Jimin please make it.

 

*

 

Jimin did make it. After four operations, and one month in coma; he made it. It took him two months to walk by himself again.

“When will I see again?”

He was sat on his bed and waiting for the answer. He had his bandage on his eyes, that doctor promised to be temporary. Unfortunately, it’s been months that he had said that, letting him in doubt that eat away him. During these months, he has sharp his hearing. He could tell when someone was angry, happy, or going to lie.

“We… Don’t know.”

It was the truth. Jimin was still young but since his accident he had matured. This news broke his heart, not because of the content, he knew that he had lost his view, but because of his family. They had put all their faith, energy, and money on him. How could he let them proud of him when he was “broken and useless” now?

“Don’t say that, you are not.”

Jimin turned his head toward the voice. It was feminine and kind, nothing that he had heard before.

“Call me Miss Clara. Your parents engaged me to take care of you, Jimin.”

Another investment on him.

“Why?”

Jimin put his hands on his face and cried. It was too much for him. They were already working for the tuition fees and now this. Being blind lead to expensive and, especially, permanent cost. He was aware of Clara’s hands on his back, trying to decrease his sadness; but Jimin felt so lonely. He was about to change his life and go somewhere he never thought.

 

In his 11th, Miss Clara came announcing him that it was time to leave. Jimin had been accepted in a hospital in Seoul, allowing him to be fully taken in charge. He had to leave his hometown: Busan. His last wish, seeing one last time his friends, had been realized the afternoon of his departure. A salt wind was running through his hair and nostrils. He smiled and was about to go when someone called his name. He stopped himself and two big corpses threw themselves on him.

Taehyung and Jungkook.

“We heard about the news…”

Jimin softly touched Taehyung’s cheeks and giggled. Since his accident, all the visits have been rejected; his state wasn’t allowing anyone near his frail body.

“Taehyung, don’t cry.”

He could feel h

Please log in to read the full chapter