For Your Love

Only Good Times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 29 - For Your Love

 

"There are flaws in romance, but love is perfect."

- Kim Jaejoong

 

 

After 21 months, Kim Jaejoong satisfactorily completed his compulsory military service. The ceremony was concluded in Gyeonggi Province on December 30, 2016.

In front of the Infantry Division, the singer marched out, still in his military uniform and did not mind at all the freezing weather, for what greeted him was a notably warm welcome for his return. Hundreds of people, many coming from other countries, gathered and waited for hours in the cold to see their beloved idol, and most importantly, to make sure that he receives their persisting love. He thanked everyone and was truly grateful for the support.

That night, Jaejoong met with a few friends from the army who had also been discharged. At a small bar and restaurant, they ate, drank and celebrated, reminiscing the hardships they went through and the bond they formed over the time they spent in the army. For Jaejoong, he celebrated what seemed to be a rebirth. Like he was a baby fresh out of a mother’s womb, ready to experience the world again.

When midnight came, the discussion among his friends had thinned and everyone was busily on their phones. Jaejoong, who had just read a message he received, locked his phone and put it in his pocket, before saying good bye to his comrades.

“Oh. Time to call it a night. I’m going ahead. I really enjoyed this dinner,” he told everyone as he stood up and began giving his friends a hug.

“Sure. Thanks too, Mega Super Star Kim Jaejoong,” one of his close friends said playfully. “You still have your fanmeet tomorrow, so you need to rest. Don’t you forget about us, okay?” He gave the fair-skinned man a hug and a firm hand shake.

“How could I forget that face? Haha.” Jae joked. “I’ll see you all soon. I need my beauty sleep tonight.” He waved his hand at the boys before happily making his way out of the restaurant.

Chilling winds greeted him as soon as he stepped out, and he put his hands in his pockets for some warmth. He walked, following the road to his right and upon reaching the end of the block, a black sedan was parked but with its backlights on.

Jaejoong went to the front-side and knocked twice on the window. After a clicking sound, he pulled open the door and slipped in to take the seat beside the driver.

“How’s my love?” A rich voice came and to Jae’s left was a short-haired man looking at him lovingly with a smile.

Immediately, Jaejoong shoved himself at the other man. “Yunho!” He pressed his mouth onto Yunho’s, and they gave each other a passionate kiss. The feel of Yunho’s hair on his hand, the firmness of his back, his wonderful scent, his familiar taste, his whole feel, was the most welcoming presence ever since Jaejoong got out. It instantly made him feel right at home. “I missed you. I missed you so much.” He pulled back to look at Yunho and was tearing up in joy. He had been waiting to see him the whole day.

Yunho looked at Jaejoong and brushed the hair away from his face. He too, had been wanting to see his beloved that’s why he scheduled his break around this period. He then lightly Jae’s cheek with his thumb. “I missed you too, you won’t believe how much.” He went in closer for another kiss, and reveled in the sweetness of the other’s mouth he hasn’t had for a long while.

 

 

They reached Jaejoong’s house and were already on the bed in the Jae’s room. They were lying facing each other and anytime soon they could fall asleep.

Jaejoong's eyes were closed but Yunho knew he was still awake. While caressing Jae's hair softly, he talked, “Yoochun’s name is finally cleared... I’m glad."

“Yeah…" The other mumbled. "Hopefully, after some time, he’ll start to recover from this…” He’s still worried about his friend but everything seems to be going in the right direction. “I’ll check up on him soon.”

“Alright. Tell him to take it easy on himself." Yunho said while still Jae’s hair. He then gave the fair-skinned man a kiss on the forehead. "Good luck on your fanmeet tomorrow. I’m so proud of you.”

Jaejoong was nodding off to sleep already. Yunho caressing his hair and kissing him once in a while on the forehead and sometimes on the cheek gave him sheer comfort. It was making him fall asleep, but the strong desire to remain in the moment kept him awake. This was Yunho’s last day of vacation and he’s leaving for the military in the morning. Now that Jaejoong was discharged from the army, it would be months before they see each other again. The impending separation terrified Jaejoong.

“Yunho, don’t go…” He mumbled and could already feel the loneliness.

Yunho Jaejoong’s cheek. “You know I have to go, love.” He kissed him again on the cheek.

“You’re leaving me…?” Jaejoong was about to cry from the thought.

“I’m not leaving you babe. I’m going away for a while, but I’ll come back,” Yunho assured his beloved and pulled him close to his chest, hugging him tightly. “You’ll wait for me, won’t you? Promise you’ll take care of yourself and wait for me?”

The warmth from Yunho’s embrace gave Jaejoong a security and calmed him down. “Of course, I will,” he told Yunho. He rationalized, what is a few months anyway, compared to the years they spent apart? “I promise," he said. "I love you.”

“I love you too.”

Then they both finally went to sleep in each other's embrace. 

 

 

 

 

Yunho left the following morning but to Jaejoong’s surprise, it didn’t feel as empty as he thought it would be. It was like Yunho was still there with him. That day, he went on to his fan meeting with a fresh vibe, pushing the event to stretch a remarkable four hours.

In the next days, Jaejoong met up with Junsu before the younger man’s musical. Junsu was enlisting in less than a month and he filled his schedule with activities, majority of it with the Death Note Musical. In a private restaurant, after greeting each other enthusiastically, they sat together while their food was being prepared and they talked.

“It’s final, huh? You’re going to be a policeman?” Jaejoong asked as he observed the other man’s look – a simple short black hair, perfect for his role as L in the musical.

“Yep, in south Gyeonggi,” Junsu said and thought how it suited his style more.

After a few more talks about the military and Junsu's musical, Jaejoong shifts the discussion. “How’s Yoochun? Have you met him? He’s not taking my calls.”

A few weeks ago, Yoochun's accuser had been put to jail, and all the charges were declared to be false claims. But it didn’t mean that their bandmate was already doing well.

“I did see him. He is…” Junsu trailed his words and furrowed his eyebrows. “He’s saying he’s fine but I don’t believe it...” The incident heavily traumatized Yoochun and even if he had a lot of free time, he avoided meeting up with the two. Even replying to messages, he seldom did and it constantly worried Junsu. “I won’t be able to contact him often when I enlist, so hyung…” He looked at the fair-skinned man. “Look out for him, please.”

“I will definitely. He’s going to be fine… our Yoochun-ah,” Jaejoong said and patted Junsu on the shoulder. But it’s more of an assurance to himself than to the younger man.

When the food was served, they started eating and Junsu tried to lighten the dampened atmosphere. “So I heard you could be attending the Golden Disk Awards?”

Immediately, Jaejoong brightened and chuckled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter