Jung Yunho's Plea

Only Good Times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Chapter 12 – Jung Yunho's Plea

 

“It would be a lie to say that it didn’t hurt to have to stand on stage as a duo...

I’ve protected TVXQ ‘til now and I will keep protecting TVXQ.”

– U-Know Yunho

 

 

On December 30, 2014, MBC Drama Awards was scheduled at 8:55 PM in MBC Building, Sangam-dong, Seoul. Kim Jaejoong was set to receive an award that day for his highly praised role in the television series, Tri-Angle. He was excited to reunite with his co-stars. His dressing room had been prepared. His fans have bought their tickets and were waiting outside the building as early as 4 PM eager to see him. However, for a reason that was never broadcasted, Kim Jaejoong was unable to attend and the awards have been suddenly given to other recipients.

Kim Jaejoong was in the living room of his house. Knots formed on his forehead as he sat and contemplated on what happened. His outfit for arriving to the event was pressed and laid on the sofa nicely. His manager was standing nearby and there was an eerie tension surrounding them.

“Even this one, they restricted your eligibility to attend…” His manager said. “They’ve swapped the awards too. It should’ve been you!”

Kim Jaejoong was silent. His phone kept vibrating from receiving many supportive messages from his family and friends who got the news. But he was truly angry.

How many times has he received this kind of injustice? Over the span of 5 years, he couldn’t count all of them anymore. It’s too much.

 

 

Fans and loyal friends within the industry have rallied for Jaejoong to attend the KBS Drama Awards at KBS Hall, Seoul the next day. Possibly because he was only invited to promote his series Spy, that’s why he wasn’t restricted as vehemently.

He got his spirits up and was telling his friends and family proudly again about the event. All of them were happy for him.

Early that morning, he was with Yoochun, who was scheduled to attend a different Drama Awards Ceremony later that night. They agreed to meet first at the younger man’s house for some relaxation away from all of the hostility happening.

Yoochun was so angry and he agonized for his hyung. He kicked around chairs when he received the news the day before.

“It’s good now,” Jaejoong said with a smile. “I can’t disappoint my fans this time.” He worried the most about the people who cheered on him and came to see him.

Yoochun, feeling guilty, went away where his hyung couldn’t see him and started calling Junsu.

“Junsu!” He shouted as soon as the other man answered.

“Oh, what’s wrong?” Said the man on the end of the line. “How’s hyung?”

“He’s fine now…” Yoochun answered. “But in a while, he won’t be.”

Junsu became worried. “Why? What’s going on?”

“I…” Yoochun was becoming nervous. “I agreed to let Yunho meet him today.”

“What?!” Junsu shouted.

Yoochun covered the phone and looked around to see if anyone was there.

“How could you do that?! And even today, when SM has interfered with us again. That low life has nothing else better to do. Jaejoong-hyung won’t be happy to see Yunho-hyung, you know that! Not now or for a long time.”

“Wait, wait, wait…” Yoochun is in big trouble. “But Yunho’s already here at my place.”

“What??!” Junsu shouted again. “You’re crazy!”

“He’s waiting in my room. I know it’s crazy… I’m already sweating here.”

“You’re really out of your mind. Don’t let them meet. Tell Yunho-hyung to come back next time.”

“Impossible. He’s leaving for Japan tonight and won’t be back for 2 weeks.”

“Then let him wait for 2 weeks!” Junsu said.

By then, Yoochun was already panicking. Junsu’s distemper was not helping at all.

“Junsu I gotta go. Let me think clearly…” He told the other man.

“Don’t. Let. Them. Meet!” Junsu emphasized.

“Okay. Okay. I’ll let you know. Bye!” He said and ended the call.

Yoochun’s debating with himself on what do. If he let Jaejoong meet Yunho, Jaejoong will be infuriated with him. If he doesn’t let Yunho meet Jaejoong, Yunho will be mad at him and go see Jaejoong forcefully. Either way, it’s not a good outcome.

He gently walked towards Jaejoong who was quietly sitting on the sofa, and thought of what he should say.

“Ah, my friend…” He started cautiously. “Let’s go to my room, there is something that you might need to know…”

Jaejoong looked up at him and wondered what it was. Then he stood up and followed Yoochun.

They were now in front of the door to Yoochun’s room. Yoochun was flinching and looking around. This made Jaejoong curious. “What is it?” He asked.

Yoochun put his hands on his hyung’s shoulders and tried to gather his words. “I know this is not the best time… Or even a good time… It’s far from it, honestly…”

Jaejoong was laughing at Yoochun. "What's wrong with you? Diarrhea?" 

"No! I hope it's only that... Don’t get mad at me… Ok?" Yoochun smiled nervously.

“What is it? Spit it out. You’re worrying me.” The older man said.

“Just promise you won’t get mad at me... I was forced… I’m also a victim here…”

“Forced? What is it? Of course I won’t get mad.”

Yoochun thought that he didn’t want this to happen like this. He was only pestered. It’s also the two of his hyungs who had a conflic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter