Soulmate

Only Good Times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Chapter 13 - Soulmate

 

When asked what the happiest moment in his 10-year career was, Kim Jaejoong answered:

 

“What immediately comes to mind is that I can’t be without the members. […] Before, Yoochun was

never good at picking up phone calls and Junsu was never one to call first, but now we get antsy when

we can’t contact each other. I was happy in that moment when I realized how precious we are to one

another.”

 

 

Starting January 1, 2015, Yunho was in Japan to promote their new album With, while Jaejoong was doing his own promotions for his series Spy.

Three weeks had passed since the two of them met through Yoochun. It’s now January 26, Jaejoong’s birthday. He had an event scheduled to celebrate the day with all of his fans.

In the morning that day, he dropped by C-JeS office to pick up some of his things.

There along the entrance hallway, a horde of gifts lined up. Hundreds of gifts and boxes were stacked which delighted Jaejoong and he was feeling so blessed.

"Waaaah. So many." He was always grateful to his fans who thought of him.

The girl who was attending to the gifts said, "Yup, they've been coming since midnight. Your fans drop them off outside the building."

There were stuffed toys, art work, and huge vases around the area.

"Wah! This is so nice." He said while examining one glass sculpture. It was black and had intricate details. It was always a wonder how rich his fans were to be able to give him such luxurious gifts.

He walked forward and found something else that caught his eye. It was this huge stand full of white lilies. His favorite flower! "Waaah, so nice," he said and ran his hand on top of the elegant flowers.

"Oh, that one’s from Yunho-oppa." The girl said. "It was delivered at 6 this morning."

Jaejoong froze when he heard that. He then moved back and continued on to do what he initialy dropped by for.

The next few days, he went on with his daily activities. The gift boxes and fanmails in the office had been transferred to his house. But the bulkier items such as the flower bouqets and stands remained in the office for everyone to appreciate. Day after day, he kept passing by the same hallway with the same stand of white lilies and he just let it be. That is, until February 1, where he passed by that same hallway, but the spot where the white lilies used to be had become empty.

Jaejoong ran across the floor to look for the girl who talked to him before. "That girl had brown hair," he remembered.

"Where was the girl who arranged the gifts in the hallway?" He asked the people there. "You know the girl with brown hair who handled the gifts in the hallway?"

After asking for a while, He finally found her.

"Do you remember the stand with the white flowers... The lilies? Where are they?" he asked the girl.

"Oh! It was thrown away. The flowers have withered already." She answered casually.

Jaejoong looked a bit frightened. He ran across the office again to go out the back where they disposed the garbage. But when he arrived, he couldn't find it. It wasn't there anymore.

He just stood there for a while, and asked himself what he was doing.

 

 

Come February 4, Jaejoong and Yoochun had just returned from drinking at a bar in celebration of Jae’s real birthday. That night, they went back to the office to pick up some stuff.

More gifts were lined up again. Jaejoong was still appreciative, but he was too tired to check all of it today.

"Oh, Oppa."

Jaejoong's attention was caught by that girl with brown hair.

"Oh, hi." He said with a slight smile.

"Did you ask Yunho-oppa to send you another one? You must like white lilies a lot, huh?" She said which surprised Jaejoong.

Immediately, Jaejoong s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter