Nine

Like Clockwork

Myungsoo enjoyed the whole day with Woohyun's relatives and friends. He wouldn't even thought that they will welcome him whole heartily, especially after the punching incident. He enjoyed so much and forgets the time. When Woohyun didn't approach his parents telling them that he needs to bring Myungsoo home, he wouldn't even realize that the sun had already sets down.

"Why don't you have dinner with us?" Woohyun mom asks.

"Thanks, Mom. But me and Myungsoo had somewhere to go."

"I see. Okay, you two will take care. Woohyun drive safely."

"Yes, Mom." They said in chorus.

Woohyun mom's insisted Myungsoo that he should practicing calling her Mom. He's a part of the family too, anyway.

He have watch Woohyun giving his mom a kiss on her cheeks and hug his father before he bade his farewell to them. They have escorted them to Woohyun's car.

"We're going, Mom. Thank you for the hospitality." He bade to Woohyun's mom. She hugs him suddenly.

"You should come again, okay?" She said.

"Yes, I will." Myungsoo answers.

Woohyun droves the car, they were still waving at them. He have watch them on the side mirror until he couldn't seen them.

"Your family seems pretty close," he commented to Woohyun.

"Yeah, right. Why, how about you and your family?" Woohyun asks back while he was driving and not leaving his eyes on the road.

"Well, me and my parents were pretty close when they were still here."

"Where are they?"

"Up there." He pouted up.

"In the ceiling?" He joke.

"No, I mean.."

"Yes, I know what you mean. And I'm sorry to hear about that. When did that happens?"

"Long time ago. It's my Uncle San who had raised me." He have thought about his Uncle. He couldn't even deny that he was still mad at him.

"You miss them."

"A lot."

Woohyun stayed silent. He noticed that they were not tracking their way to his place.

"Woohyun, where are we going?"

We're going to have a dinner. It's hard to drive when you have an empty stomach. I know some place over here."

Minutes pass and Woohyun stops his car.

"Here we are." He announces while he park his car.

He took a peek. The restaurant were along the highway. He was surprise when he notice that their were a lots of car was being park.

"A lot of people who really came here." Woohyun informing him seems he can read what's on his mind. Woohyun got off first, to open the door for him.

"Thanks." He smile. He liked the small things about him, small things he hardly saw in other people. The way his parents raise him, Myungsoo knows that Woohyun have been raised well. He was intelligent and as smart as any people he had met. But more than that, he had preserved the manners and old-fashioned chivalry that it's been extinct now to the others.

He read the name of the restaurant "First Catch Restaurant." It could be easily noticeable on the highway, seems the owner invested too much for the designed of his restaurant. When they get in he was fascinated about the place.

"What do you want to eat?" Woohyun asks him when they have settled to their table.

"Its up to you. You seem to know this place. What is their specialty here?"

"Seafood Pasta with mussel and shrimps." He smiley said.

"You decide." He said. He doesn't know what he wants to eat, so he let's Woohyun decides.

​​​​​​Woohyun order a food for both of them. After a minutes their foods were being serve by the waiter. Seafood pasta with mussel and shrimps, beef steak, vegetable salad, grilled red snapper with green mango salsa, hainanese chicken with hainanese rice and fresh squeezed juice.

"Can we finish this all?" He asks Woohyun.

"Yeah, we can. Just you, you can. I have watch you eating when we were in my place.

"Eh—?" He suddenly felt conscious in his chair. "You mean, I ate a lot."

"No, you just have a hearty appetite." Correcting him.

"What that supposed to mean?"

"It means, you're voracious."

They laugh.

 

"Do you come here often?" Myungsoo asks Woohyun while they were eating.

"Just twice."

"You have known this place but you only came here twice."

"What I want is, when I come here, I'm with someone special."

"So, when you came here first, who did you bring?"

"Gyu."

"Your boyfriend?"

"Hardly."

"You must really like him."

"Before."

"Why, now?"

"I love someone now." Woohyun said while looking straight to his eyes.

"Well, since were on the topic now, can I ask you a question?" Myungsoo says instead.

"What?"

"How can you tell that you love someone?"

"Huh? That's hard to explain. Why did you ask? Haven't you been in love with someone before?" He asks back.

"Honestly?"

"Yes, honestly."

"I haven't been in love before."

"You must be kidding, right? Don't tell me you haven't experience to have a boyfriend before?"

He nodded.

"People have a different preferences when it comes into love. Besides, love is so abstract that caveman couldn't even draw it on the wall. What more if it were just words?"

"You? Don't you have any personal guideline or something?"

"Wait.." He took a deep breath. "Maybe."

"Maybe?"

"I mean, for me, this doesn't have to apply to everybody."

"Okay, shoot."

"You love someone when he was able to make you say yes through his smile though its a no."

He couldn't help but to smile when he heard that.

"Its my turn to ask you now. How will you know if that someone loves you?"

"When he or she says so?" He answers, he's quite not sure for his answer.

"I mean, someone can tell you he loves you, but is that enough? How do you know whom to believe?"

"I see your predicament. Wait.." He had also falls into a deep thought for what he could response to it. "Do you really have to know?"

"Know what?"

"If that someone loves you?"

Woohyun didn't stir.

"Maybe, that's it. You will know if you love that someone when you stop asking if he loves you. When you don't think of yourself anymore, that's when you really love that person."

"I love you, Myungsoo."

He was caught by surprise. He knew he was the one, but he didn't know how to respond.

"And when your theory was right, I don't need to wait for your respond." Woohyun says.

He didn't stir. When he stayed silent, Woohyun stayed silent too.

When he sense that Woohyun was glancing over him, he kept his head down looking through his plate. Concentrating to his food?

He didn't have the strength to match his stare.

He felt he was in a "trance" when Woohyun tells him he loves him.

 

What's the Wishing Lighthouse?" Myungsoo asks Woohyun when they were strolling around the place.

"A lighthouse were you can make a wish. They says, when you wish from your heart it will definitely came true."

"How about the boxer punching machine?"

"That's.."

They heard a group howling around. "What's that?"

"That's the answer to your question. That's the boxer punching machine."

"Why they were howling?"

"Beating the high scores, I think. You wanna try?"

"Huh?"

"To release your stress. Let's beat the high score."

"Okay, let's try later." He excitedly says.

"Seems you have a lot of heartaches, and stressed."

"Let's go first to the wishing lighthouse. Let's make a wish." Myungsoo suggested.

"Why don't we try the boxer punching machine now?"

"You don't wanna go and make some wish?"

"Not that I don't wanna go but I don't think it's necessary to make a wish."

"Why?" He asks.

"I don't believe such things like that. Maybe wishes won't come true?"

He thinks Woohyun just over thinking about the wishes. He just wanted to go there with Woohyun, not to make wishes but to treasure moments with him. He doesn't care about the wish.

"Okay, let's settle to this boxer punching machine." He said instead not wanting to ruin the atmosphere.

He starts to punch after Woohyun putting some coins in the machine.

"This punch is for my grandfather."

"Grandfather? Do you have any issues with your grandfather?" Woohyun curiously asks while looking at him punching the boxer punching machine.

"He was sick and he's in the hospital. And a lot of things have been stressing me out lately while he was in his hospital bed."

"That's why you punch so hard?"

"Yeah." He smile.

"Let's visits him."

He glance over him. "Huh?"

"I want to meet your family."

"Hmmm. Okay." He said agreeing to Woohyun offers. Then he punch again, and he muttered a word "boyfriend".

"I guess, I'm right that you had a boyfriend. And seems you were also mad at him." Disappointments can be sense in his voice.

"Here try it." He offers to Woohyun.

When he was about to punch the machine he muttered "boyfriend."

"And who was that?" He asks.

"For your boyfriend." Woohyun says when he was done punching it.

"Eh— it was you."

Woohyun was caught by surprise. He had used that time to asks him "Wait, are we going home now? Can you wait here for a moment, I just need to use a restroom."

"Okay, I'll wait you here. Take your time."

He hurriedly track his way to the restroom and when he was sure that he couldn't see any shadow of Woohyun, he went to the right side of the wishing light house. He hurriedly went over and he started to make a wish.

Hope he was the one.

When he was done, he decided to went to the restroom. While he was on his way to the restroom he saw Woohyun on the left side of the wishing lighthouse, his eyes were close as he makes a wish.

He smirk. Doesn't believe such things like that huh.

When they were on the car, way to his place, he kept on glancing Woohyun. He didn't that he had saw him in the wishing lighthouse.

More than anything, he had wanted his wish to come true. What bothers him if what did Woohyun wish for.