Eight

Like Clockwork

"Where were we?" Woohyun hears Myungsoo asking him stirring from his sleep.

Myungsoo got tired his self after playing along with the kids at the orphanage. He had slept his self when they track Woohyuns' place. He wasn't expecting that the kids will like him, though they only saw him for the first time. He can't find some time with Woohyun when they were there, while he was playing with them, Woohyun helped the elders prepared some snacks for the kids.

"We're almost there, it will only take a minutes. Just go back to sleep. I'll wake you when we get there." He heartily said 

"Was I asleep quite some time?" Myungsoo asks again, while he was sleeping.

"Not really." He answers.

It's a fifteen minutes ride from the orphanage to Woohyun's place. When they reach in front of N's Inn two blocks from the highway, Woohyun pull over to the left and track their way in. Myungsoo eyes were fluttering to open, he must have felt Woohyun pulling over and slowly driving the car.

"Where are we?". Myungsoo asks.

"We're here," he smilingly says.

Myungsoo look around the place. "Were in an inn?" He barks glaring at him.

"Wait, I can explain.." He felt nervously the way Myungsoo looks at him, seems he can totally eat him alive or can kill him.

"There's no need for you to explain!" He bark.

"It's not what you were thinking of!" that was the last thing he said before he could feel his fist lands to his face.

 

"Woohyun? Woohyun? Are you okay?

He repeatedly hears that before he could have a courage to open his eyes. It really feels heavy, it felt like that his eyes were close for a years. When he got back to his senses he was greeted by his mom's face. "Mom?"

"Thank God, and you were still alive. You really made us worried." She gently caress his right cheek.

"What happened?" He asks his Mom.

"You found what you've been looking for! That's what happens." His Mom muffled a laugh.

He tried to stand but his Mom stops him.

"Later, you might drop your nose." She still muffling a laugh.

"Myungsoo! Where's Myungsoo?" He asks.

"Woohyun, Honey, I'm sorry." Myungsoo entered his room while his Dad following behind.

"Son, you haven't told Myungsoo here that N's Inn was one of your business." His Dad said.

"I supposed to explain—" he mumbled some of his words when Myungsoo suddenly puts his hand against his mouth cutting him off.

"Relax, Honey. It might cause you a lot of headaches if you think so much." Myungsoo said.

"But I like this boyfriend of yours, Woohyun. Descent, and most of all he knows how to depend his self." His Dad exclaim happily.

Boyfriend? Honey? What was with the "Honey"?

"Well, we left you two first here. We need to get downstairs. We have some visitors." His Mom bades.

"If you two needs something just tell us." His Dad leaves too.

"Okay, Mom and Dad." Woohyun waited his bedroom door close before he looks Myungsoo. "Honey?"

"I'm your boyfriend, right? I mean, that wasn't the thing you told to your parents when you told them you'll bring me here? Like with Sungjung?" He explains.

"I said I wanted them to meet somebody, but I didn't told them about us.. cause I know we're not."

"Oh! Anyway, I guess it won't do any harm. Hey, relax. It's just for the show. When you were conscious, they were panicking. I was scared of your parents, most especially to your Mom. I thought, she will attack me because I punched her son. I panic, and I introduced my self as your boyfriend. I said, I didn't mean it. I thought—"

"You thought I'll do filthy things with you."

"What was I supposed to think?"

He didn't stir.

"I'm sorry, Woohyun. Does it hurts?"

"No, it's just like a mosquito bite. I pass out, right?

"And I'm sorry if I was thinking that way. I remember this place. Isn't it this place where the drug lord name Mr. Kang was captured?

"Yeah, N's Inn. "N" for Nam."

"Why all the business you can you chose an Inn for it?"

"Why not? I can even earn a money on it. Besides, the location just along the highway." He explain.

The Inn was originally managed by his father. It was their family business. When his father got sick, Woohyun was the one who had manage it. Actually, Woohyun owns a restaurant. He had invests too much on it, he was busy with his growing businesses when his father got sick. Now, he manage both his restaurant and his father's inn.

He notice Myungsoo didn't stir.

"Maybe what's bothering you is that it's called "inn" in the first place. Some people thinks that inn where can people have short time and have some fun." He guess from what's brothering in Myungsoo.

"Seems like."

"In here, it's an inn because it's an inn. I mean, a place we obtain not just for lodging for the travelers but we offers meals too. Besides, I didn't want to use N's hotel because it is not that big enough compared to the others. They might says, we're trying so hard to elevate ourselves."

"I understand."

"It supposed to provide a respite for wary travelers, and you'd be surprised to find out that some of our clients were known personalities." While he was explaining to him, he recalls Myungsoo asking him something while they were in his car.

"Wait, now I get it. The reason why you were asking me if I'm a drug lord; you thought, I was upset when Mr. Kang was arrested because I was involved with them? He asks.

"Huh? Ah, well, sort of," he shyly said.

"The truth is, I was more worried about the publicity the incident would bring to this place. People might think that N's Inn is that it's a seedy place for unscrupulous individuals. That's how wholesome are we in here." He smilingly said.

"Sorry, huh." He asks for apology, with a sweet tone.

"For what?"

"For, I thought you were a drug lord. I thought you were an indecent guy, the reason why I punch you."

"Where did you learned to beat like that?"

"It's my sport. Kick boxing." He simply answers.

"You're kidding, right?"

Myungsoo shake his head off.

"Well, base on how you punch me that hard. I believed in you." Woohyun said.

"I am really sorry."

"Have you ever encounter it when you were a kid, you were dead sleep then you dream that you pee. Then when you woke up, your bed was wet because you really pee?"

"Huh? Where did that question come?" He was obviously caught by surprise.

"Because just now I dream of it." He laughingly said when he recalled his  dream. "In my dreams, I was a boxer. And I got punch on my nose." He intended not to tell Myungsoo that it was him was his opponent.

"Then when you woke up, you have a broken nose?" Myungsoo asks.

"It is really broken?" He suddenly felt nervous to what Myungsoo has said. He tried to stand up.

Myungsoo swiftly move to help him stands.

"What are you going to do? Haven't your parents told you that you need to stay here first in your room." a worried tone can be sense from him.

He like it. He was so sure he wasn't feigning his concern.

"Are you always this sweet? Woohyun asks.

"Not really. Only to those I broke there nose."

He laugh to his joke.

"Come, let's go downstairs." He invites.

"You sure, you can?"

"Yeah, besides, we were here because it's my Mom's birthday, and not to stay in my room. I'm going to show you around."

"Okay. You know, your parents seems they were nice.

"I think they like you."

"I hope.."

"But, there's a problem." Woohyun said.

"What?"

"You lied to them. You told them, that you were my boyfriend. But we can make an easy solution to that."

"How?"

"Then let's make it official." He suggested.

Myungsoo stares at him.

"I'm serious. Not just now, but even during the first time I saw you. I told myself, whatever it takes, I won't let you go. I was caught surprised when you told Minseok that I'm your boyfriend."

"It was you who introduces that you were my boyfriend." He corrected him.

"But you agreed."

Myungsoo didn't respond to that.

"Why do you always have to play along?"

"Why, don't you like it?" irritates can be overly noticeable from Myungsoo.

"I like it. But I wish it were true."

"Are you claiming now Mr. Nam Woohyun?" He smiley said.

"Yes!"

He laugh. He could feel his face getting hot. He was making fun of him.

"What's funny?" He irritated asks.

"Of all people who were claiming, only you has a bandage in the nose."

He lightly moves his hand to his nose. And he only realize that he had a thick gauze shrouded on it.

They both laugh.