Three

Like Clockwork

"Hyung whose that?" Woohyun asks Gyu after he hides in the bushes for a couple of minutes.

"Who?" Gyu asks instead of answering him.

"That guy, who just left."

"That's.. wait how did you know that guy was here?" Gyu asks in curiosity.

"Well, I've been here for a minutes now. I hide."

"Oh?" Gyu didn't know if he's going to buy that, he knows Woohyun so much, maybe he was playing along, just for him to blurts out if who's that guy is but the look on Woohyun face telling him that he's not lying so he decides to tell him. "That's Howon." There's no way of hiding anyway when Woohyun already saw them.

"I see. Is he courting you?"

Gyu blushes upon hearing that, again what's the point of hiding? He nodded. He even missed the sorrowful eyes of Woohyun.

"Really?" Woohyun asks in surprise. "It's pretty obvious." He said.

Woohyun was hurt, but Gyu's happiness is he's happiness too. He's been in love with Gyu for years now. They grown up together. He was everything to him. A best friend, a Hyung, and an inspiration. Gyu inspired him in many ways, when he was almost given up on things Gyu pushes him to do better and to fight.

"Am I that obvious?" Gyu asks Woohyun shyly.

"Uh-huh! You're cute Hyung." He stated. Oopps! He supposed not to blurts out that loud, but he was too late, he already did.

"What? Cute? You're funny!"

"I mean, you look like a hamster.. a hamster that who found love." He said. He even laugh and runs away from Gyu.

"Woohyun!! You brat! Come over here." Gyu chasing over him.

Just like that there day was over. They headed home together and sharing with nonsense stuffed.

 

--

Woohyun can't sleep that night, his mind was busy thinking about how things go wrong, not actually wrong. He was in love with Gyu and he was supposed to confessed a months ago but where did things go wrong? What makes him stopped from confessing? Is it he was afraid of rejection or he was afraid of losing Gyu?' He really doesn't know, which of the two.

 

--

A man approaches him, he was waiting for Gyu to come out, he was outside of his working place, "Hi! Woohyun, right?"

He know this man, he had saw him before, where? Oh! It hits him. "Yeah! Howon, right?" He asks.

"Yeah! I guess, Gyu already told you things about me."

He nodded.

"You're here to pick him up? Howon asks.

" Yes."

"Really? I also came here to pick him up and bring him home."

"Great! We can go together. The three of us can--" he didn't finish what he was gonna tell, Howon cuts him off.

"You don't understand man.Since, I was already here. You can go home first. I'll wait him up."

"Why would I do that?"

"You know, me and Gyu. We're officially dating. I'm sorry to tell you this, but starting today you can't always tagged along with Gyu."

"Why?"

"Because Gyu is my boyfriend and I could take good care him."

He understand what Howon wants to tell him. He knows he can take good care of Gyu, but what he wanted is even Gyu in a relationship he can still have time with him. That he doesn't needs to be left because he found someone. Yes, they were inseparable but now is he's been pushing away? No, that can't be.

"You know what I mean Woohyun. I don't need to elaborate them."

"What do you mean? Am I being pu.. No! That can't be man."

"I hate to see some people whose been hanging around with my boyfriend. Colleagues are okay. But you-- I know you have something with him, don't you?"

Woohyun doesn't know how to response, he was caught off guard, is he been to obvious with his feelings to Gyu?

"Just a simple favor. Keep distance to my boyfriend, please. Will you?"

He was supposed to answer him back but Gyu was already out. He called out Howon's name instead of him. So, before Gyu can notice him, he left away.

 

--

He barely hangouts with Gyu, its been months from now. He learns to live without him around. Yeah, he admitted that he misses him so much but what he can do? Howon threatened him. He just enjoys his time with Key and Dongwoo. Spending time with them is not bad. He suppose to meet them when suddenly Gyu sent a message to him, telling him if he can drop by now on his place, he badly needed him.

Without thinking any thoughts, he crush to Guy's place. He was worried about him, it makes him worry the lines telling him that he badly needed him. Then there's Gyu lying on his bed with a blanket covering him.

He approaches him, he was sniffing. Wait is he crying? "Hyung, what happened?" He asks right away.

"Woohyun-- Howon cheats." Gyu started.

Cheats? Did he heard it right, or did he misheard that? Why Howon cheats? He said before that he will take good care of Gyu. And now he was hearing from Gyu that he cheats. Sure he was hurted when Howon asks him to distance his self from them; from Gyu but now seeing Gyu hurting so bad and crying because of him hurted him even more.

"You sure? Why would he? He loves you that much."

"Yes, he cheats. He cheated. I caught him red handed. Maybe, he loves me before but not anymore now." He said while crying.

He hug him, honestly he doesn't know what to do. Maybe sticking to him right now will be better. He chooses to stay, he will just send a message to Key later, he will make an excuse later on. Gyu needs him now, so he better stay.

 

--

"Hyun, thanks for not giving up on me after what I did." Gyu asks an apology. He thinks, he needs to. He hurted Woohyun in some ways. He wasn't aware that Woohyun distant his self from him after knowing that he's been dating Howon before.

"You didn't do anything, Hyung."

"I know, you chosen to distance you're before. But now, you were still with me."

"That's what real friends do, Hyung." He just said.

"Hyun can I ask you a help?" He knows Woohyun is too good to him, is it right to ask him this?

Woohyun just look at him. Maybe, he knows what Gyu wanted to ask.

"I know, that it maybe sound selfish but can you pretend to be my boyfriend?" Gyu asks him. "I just wanted to show up Howon that I've already moved on."

"Okay! You can used me, Hyung." he was truly insane, do he really know what he was dealing for? He must be out of his mind.

Gyu was surprise. He didn't think that Woohyun will basically helping him right away. "Thanks Hyun." He hug him in the process.

 

--

"Woohyun!!" an angry voice calls him.

He turn his back, then he was greeted by a good punch of Howon.

"What's with you man?" he asks angrily.

"What did I told you?" Howon asks angrily too. "I told you to stay away from Gyu, but what did you do?"

"What did I do? You? Have you done hurting him? Or you want to hurt him again? You cheated, he needed me from the time you hurt him. And what do you expect from me, not to mind him?"

"Is that the only reason of yours?" Howon smirks. "I know you have  feelings to Gyu." he knows well so long.

He grabs Woohyun from his shirts collar, he was ready to give him a second punch, he was stopped of Gyu voice "Howon stop!"

"Gyu, I'm very sorry."

"Can't you understand? I thought, I've made it clear to you that were done."

"Look! Let me explain. Will you please heard me out?"

"There's nothing for you to explain everything. What I've saw that day is enough."

"No, Gyu. Please?" He asks pleadingly, he even kneel.

"Will you please stand up. I'm sorry Howon but me and Woohyun is in relationship now. He's my boyfriend now." Gyu said, he should sound convincing for Howon to stops. He's not ready to face him and to hear him out.

"Let's go, Hyun." he held Woohyun hand and leaves Howon behind.

 

--

"Is it true that you and Gyu were getting married?" Key asks him, they were in their favorite place to hangs out.

He just nodded.

"Things are getting faster. Last time, I was informed that you two were dating and now you're getting married." Dongwoo exclaim.

"There's a reason behind it." he just said.

"I know, man. Truth, he was just using you. That you need to pretend that you and him were in a relationship. But I really don't get what's the real reason for you two to get married."

"We know you love him. But do you really need to marry him?"

"I love him, and that's enough. Whatever the reason is, it really doesn't matter."

They were not aware that Howon was there too. He heard everything. He grinned wider.

--

"Is it really true that you were getting married." Howon said once he showed up his self to Gyu.

Gyu didn't respond. He was taken aback.

"I know, the reason why. And I also know that you asks Woohyun to pretend that he's your boyfriend. I know everything Gyu." eyes not leaving him. "I know, you still love me. If you still do, then choose me not him. I will wait for you tomorrow in my place." Howon said and hurriedly leave.

Gyu was leave behind thinking deep. What should he do? Will he run to Howon again? His about Woohyun?