Kai

EXO DRABBLES

“T.G.I.F!” I sighed in complaint.  I started pulling out the pins on my hair to let it fall down.  My colleagues were snickering behind me knowing full well how hard we worked this entire week.  I got in the elevator and was immediately joined by three others.

 

“Good News is we just got paid.  What are you guys planning to do this long holiday weekend?” y Kai spoke up.  That’s what I secretly call him, y Kai, real name Kim Jongin.  He was the main lead male dancer for the company and very popular among the ladies.  I noticed him immediately when I first joined the company and almost immediately noticed that he seemed to attract all the ladies (and some guys) like bees to the honey.  

 

So I kept my distance from him.  He doesn’t need another girl drooling over his good looks and smooth moves.  Besides, I was nowhere near his level.  I’m good enough to be back up dancer, but not good enough to be lead.  All my mentors and teachers tell me the same thing.  I keep holding myself back.  I didn’t understand what they mean so I just kept working hard.

 

“I have to go home to see the folks.” Kasper one of the choreographer/back-up dancer spoke up.  He’s a close friend of Kai and I was surprised that he was not joining Kai for some weekend revelry.

 

“Ah, I’m supposed to fly to Japan for a gig.” Taemin replied.  He’s Kai’s best friend and the other lead male dancer.  He’s cute and y too in a different way from Kai.

 

“How about you? Any plans?” y Kai asked.  This guy seemed a little too interested.  

 

“I got plans.” I muttered reluctantly.

 

“Oh?  Can I come with you since these two are ditching me?” y Kai seem to be a little eager.

 

“Skydiving.” I looked him dead in the eye.

 

“Oh?” Taemin raised one brow and Kasper slapped a hand over his mouth coughing to hide his laughter.  

 

“Skydiving?” y Kai repeated looking a little taken aback.

 

“No? You wanna go Bungee jumping instead?  I got coupons for a couple but never had anybody to go with.” I looked at him interestedly.  Behind me Kasper was not even trying to hold his laughter and was outright sliding down the wall laughing.

 

“Uh.......what else?” y Kai looks uncomfortable and Taemin is unsuccessfully trying to hide a smile.

 

“White river rafting?  Wake boarding? Ziplining? Cliff diving? Spelunking?” I rattled off a list of things I was planning doing.

 

“Why is it that all your plans are heart pounding and dangerous?” y Kai was looking at me strangely like he is seeing me for the first time.

 

“I like the adrenaline-rush.  I don’t get that from dancing.” I shrugged in reply.  Kai looked flustered and a bit disappointed. 

 

“I don’t think I could join you in any of those.  I don’t mind a bit of adrenaline rush, but I don’t like dangerous activities.”  The elevator dinged and opened on the first floor just then. Taemin and Kasper stepped out holding each other up. They were chuckling and kept giving Kai teasing looks.  Kai raked his fingers through his hair and sighed loudly. 

 

“If you want to do something else less dangerous let me know, okay?” y Kai was reluctant to leave but the elevator kept dinging indicating that the time allocated was up.  I still have one floor down to go.

 

“Okay.” Kai took one step out and I threw caution to the wind and grabbed his wrist. He looked back at me with surprise.

 

“Wanna have ?” I deadpanned.

 

“BWO?” He squeaked and I grinned at him.  Got ya!