Baekhyun (feat. Lay)

EXO DRABBLES

I was born blind.  I walked around with darkness as my constant companion.  Until Baekhyun came into my life.  His laughter and love filled it with light.  I didn’t think I would need anything else but I was selected by his friend Lay for something experimental to perhaps restore my sight.  I don’t remember much about how it went.  I remember feeling Lay cover my eyes with his hands, a warmth, and then sleep took over.

 

Today, Lay promised to remove the bandages over my eyes.  I’m nervous. What if it doesn’t work?  Will I disappoint Baekhyun?

 

“Baekhyun? Are you here?”  I tried to sense if he was near me but since Lay did something to my eyes, my senses seemed to have gotten screwed up.  It bothered me but I dared not say anything to Baekhyun.

 

“I’m here.  Where would I go?” He teased me before and dropped an absentminded kiss on my forehead.  He laced his fingers with mine.  His palms were slightly sweaty.  That’s how I knew that there’s something wrong.

 

I could sense Lay coming.  I don’t know how but I can now see him with my mind’s eye walking a few steps until he reached my door.  I knew the second he stepped into the room.  I knew exactly how he looked.  I know just how his dimples look when he smiles.  I don’t know how or why.  I don’t even know how Baekhyun actually looks.  I have felt his face a thousand times with my fingers.  Kissed every inch of his body with my lips.  But I can’t see his face in my mind.

 

“Alright, today’s the day.  You two ready?” Lay asked cheerfully.

 

“Yeah! We are ready! Aren’t we?” Baekhyun replied for the two us.  I was clutching his hand in a death grip.  You could say he knows.

 

Lay gently took off the bandages and asked me to keep my eyes closed.  I felt him withdrawing and knew Baekhyun is now the one standing in front of me.

 

I slowly opened my eyes and saw the beautiful face of the man I had been living with for the last two years.  He smiled at me and I smiled back in return.  He is beautiful.

 

I looked up, saw my reflection, and promptly screamed.

 

I look like a potato.