Chanyeol

EXO DRABBLES

The lunatic that lives in the apartment above me is awake again.  I can heard his muffled singing, clomping and who knows what he us actually doing there.  

 

I’ve seen him around. Mostly we politely incline our heads at each other when we bump into each other in the common areas of the complex.  He should be thanking me really.  We are the only two insomniacs in the building.  He lives in the luxurious penthouse suite above me, I have one of the four apartments below his.  The one beside me is currently empty since my next door neighbor is “out finding himself” and is out backpacking through Europe this summer.  Not sure why he lost himself anyway.

 

The apartment across from mine has two lovebirds in it.  I mean the freaking winged variety.  The owner is an elderly gentleman who is deaf as a post and falls asleep in his chair watching TV.  The apartment beside his belongs to his older brother, who although a sweetheart, has tuned out the rest of the world since he discovered the internet.  Both gentlemen are in their late 70’s.  I’m the only one who is actually aware of the handsome man with the big ears living upstairs.

 

I noticed him the first day he moved in.  He had a parade of good looking men helping him carry his stuff up and down the elevators.  A lot of them got off the wrong floor and knocked on my door.  I was pleasantly surprised in the beginning but it quickly became annoying.  I put a large sticky note on my door saying that this was not the new tenant’s place.  He crossed out “new tenant” and wrote Chanyeol and a sorry underneath.  I dismissed him from my mind thinking he was gay with too many boyfriends.

 

But then came the girls.  Most of them crazy.  A lot of them young and stalker-like.  I looked them dead in eye whenever they asked if Chanyeol lives in the building.  I flat-out denied knowing anyone with that name and description.  I wasn’t exactly lying.  I really don’t know him back then.

 

Then came Christmas season.  I entered the building feeling half-frozen from my mad dash across the road for a cup of coffee and bagel.  Instead Chanyeol came up to me blushing and in the blink of an eye dropped his lips over mine.  I was so surprised I stood stock still wondering what the hell is going on when his friends hooted and laughed.  He flicked a quick glance at the mistletoe above my head and gave me an apologetic smile before dashing madly into the elevator.  His shorter friend was teasing him mercilessly about the quick peck on the lips before the doors closed.

 

A few days later he was coming in after his friends inside the building and I was getting off the elevator.  I’m sure he saw me but he avoided eye contact and his ears started turning red.  The devil made me do it is all I can say in my defense.  I strode towards the door acting like I was on my way out and passed his friends easily with barely a nod of greeting.  I took two steps past him before I pivoted on my heels, grabbed his arm and turned him towards me in one fluid motion,  then pulled his head down for a kiss.

 

It wasn’t a chase kiss either.  I pulled down his bottom lip with my teeth lightly but slid my tongue in to .  He was so shocked that he gasped and allowed me to deepen the kiss further.  He hesitated for several heartbeats and his friends were laughing and hollering at him.  He awkwardly pinwheeled his long arms around me unsure what he wanted to do.

 

Good thing he decide to return my kiss before I chickened out and ran screaming out the door.  I was about to break off from kissing him when he finally decided to be the man and framed my  face with his hands.  He returned the kiss with hot passion and without any further hesitation. He slanted his head and pushed back my tongue and delved his inside my mouth to tease and play.  He my lips, teeth and lightly my full bottom lip.  I wasn’t sure at this point if I am still breathing.  I knew I was swaying on my feet and had my hands tightly grasping the front of his shirt.  I was standing on tiptoes with my head tilted up chasing his lips with my own when he finally lifted his head after that toe curling kiss.  I wasn’t sure what to do at that point so I said the first thing that popped into my head.

 

“Merry Christmas!” I said weakly while smiling awkwardly back a him.  That was six months ago.  The lunatic that lives above me, is now my boyfriend.  I heard him ringing the bell and I knew he can’t sleep just like me, so he is probably coming over again to watch Movies and cuddle with me on the couch.  One of this days, I will take him on his offer to move in with him.